New build 4560 of Parallels available

31 posts in this topic

Networking seems to be an issue with this build. When I use bridged networking to map it to my second NIC it will only run for a few minutes before I get an error message about there being a duplicate IP on my network and then I have to disable and then re-enable the virtual NIC in Windows. If I use shared networking I have no problem at all.

New build crashes on my system as well. Have tried everything so far to no avail...

I've tried with 1 core, 2 cores...

My only thought is perhaps it's an issue with macfuse being installed perhaps?

Or maybe.. just maybe that I'm not using the 10.4.10 Geforce kexts...

wolf can you give me some info about your setup other than what is in the sig?

quick edit while I wait: I have removed macfuse and all related files... i have switched to the 10.4.10 geforce kexts in case of issue there... installing 4560 now to see if it makes any difference...

update: no go still. at a loss... might wait and see on the next release personally.. seems other people not on hacks are having issues as well.

Parallels says:

We managed to reproduce this kernel panic internally. It happens in case when Hypervisor is failed to activate VT-x on at least one core. It will be fixed in next Parallels update.

As a workaround I can suggest you to try to solve disabled VT-x problem - this automatically will solve your kernel panic. Old Mac Minis and Mac Pros had such problems with VT-x in their firmware.

I can suggest to things:

1. Please try to update firmware on your Mac.

2. If it still KPs then try to put your Mac to sleep and then wake up before start VM.

The VT-x problem they are having would not apply to me as the OEM C2D I have does not support VT-x at all, so it is already disabled.

And my laptop goes to sleep as soon as I boot it to wake up the second core.

I will see if that smbios kext makes any difference though.

edit: smbios posted made no difference.

All previous builds worked fine.

I don't think this is a VT-x thing personally from what I've tested... I'm gonna try a few things later this weekend, but honestly as actual Intel Macs have been having this issue too.. I'm seeing a quick bug fix coming from the Parallels team.

Here works fine, this and the previous version.

One question... how can I move the VM folder from ./Documents to /Apps/Parallels ?

Thank you!

PD: asus p5ld2-vm,c2d,7600gt

Still no luck here as well on 10.4.10

I have even tried installing Pascal's 10.4.10 update as I had originally hacked together my own version of the update using the Updater from Apple. After fumbling to get my kexts back in order since I wasn't paying attention for some reason, uninstalling Parallels 4128 clean and installing 4560 the same result happened. kernel panic upon loading a VM.

Still a little unsure why... but still working on it and hoping for a new build from Parallels soon.

Supposedly the Parallels team has been able to recreate the KP's and have a fix for it coming soon.

Just an update. I attempted a clean install from a different build ISO. Same result... so obviously we're looking at a hardware issue, but I have confidence the Parallels team will fix it.