10.4.10 update INSTALLER (available for download)

Schweppes

166 posts in this topic

Still waiting for help! ^_^

Okay, I need a bit of help! And advice!

I have never had success updating an OS, ever. It always ended up with me having to reinstall the OS then all the programs again, normally getting a new DVD that is out there.

So, that being said, I did find the 10410 update installer and I need to know a few things....

1) I presently have core/CI and DUAL DISPLAY running fine on 10.4.8

2) I read here that some need a new DVD that is out there with this UPDATE? Is that true?

3) Can I just use this update and will it hose my system? In the past, any installers I have tried, (10.4.6 to 10.4.8 for example) always ended with me having to reinstall the whole OS by finding the latest DVD out there.

Thanks!

Still waiting for help! ;)

Okay, I need a bit of help! And advice!

I have never had success updating an OS, ever. It always ended up with me having to reinstall the OS then all the programs again, normally getting a new DVD that is out there.

So, that being said, I did find the 10410 update installer and I need to know a few things....

1) I presently have core/CI and DUAL DISPLAY running fine on 10.4.8

2) I read here that some need a new DVD that is out there with this UPDATE? Is that true?

3) Can I just use this update and will it hose my system? In the past, any installers I have tried, (10.4.6 to 10.4.8 for example) always ended with me having to reinstall the whole OS by finding the latest DVD out there.

Thanks!

RedSox,

if your system works perfect with 10.4.8 you dont need to update, this update doesnt have any important improvements.

when do you make the update in a hackintosh, you must use the new system.kext do not replace with you old version

the combo 10.4.10 update + 8.10.1 kernel + old system.kext render in unable to mount .dmg an .pkg files

To fix the "lauchd:com.apple.nibindd:" issue, boot from the uphuck 1.3 and install only the AppleACPIPlattform package. This should help. Don't forget to fix permissions.

10.4.10 runs perfect for me, about this Mac works (with the new old loginwindow)

MfG, Rakete

Edit: fixed some minor mistakes... sry^^

what to do if not have uphuck disc, can repair with tubgirl 10.4.8? (later upgraded to 10.4.9 using update package that work no problem this one big problem)

RedSox,

if your system works perfect with 10.4.8 you dont need to update, this update doesnt have any important improvements.

Mac OS X 10.4.10

What's included?

The following improvements apply to both Intel- and PowerPC-based Macs unless otherwise noted:

Bluetooth

Addresses an issue in which a Bluetooth headset may show up as an available device for sound output in the Sound preference pane after it had been removed from Bluetooth preferences.

Third-party

Adds RAW image decoding support for the following cameras: Panasonic DMC-LX1, Panasonic DMC-LX2, Leica M8, Leica D-LUX 2, Leica D-LUX 3, Fuji S5 Pro, Nikon D40x, and Canon EOS 1D Mk III.

Resolves an issue in which some DNG images may appear tinted or distorted.

Improves compatibility of Mathematica 6 with 64-bit Macs.

USB

Improves reliability when using the IR remote control after waking from sleep.

Improves reliability when mounting external USB hard drives.

Resolves an issue in which a TomTom GO 910 may not be recognized when connected via USB to an Intel-based Mac.

Other

The 1.1 version of the Mac OS X 10.4.10 Update includes Audio Update 2007-001.

Improves responsiveness when using the Control-Eject key combination to display a shutdown dialog.

Addresses a specific issue in which users importing video from a DV camera may experience dropped frames.

Includes recent Apple security updates.

Addresses issues with calendar calculations in certain applications.

Addresses issues when rounding decimal numbers for display in certain applications.

For Motion, addresses an issue on Intel-based Macs in which some texture corruption could appear in Motion if VRAM is full.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=3055334.9[/b]

Mac OS X 10.4.9

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/mac...pdateintel.html

- Application launch times

- RAW camera support

- Updated ATI and NVIDIA graphics drivers

- Handling of large or malformed images that could cause crashes

- Image capture performance

- Mouse scrolling and keyboard shortcuts

- Font handling

- Dashboard stability

- Playback quality, and bookmarks in DVD Player

- USB video conferencing cameras for use with iChat

- Bluetooth devices

- Browsing AFP servers

- Apple USB Modem

- Windows-created digital certificates

- Open and Print dialogs in applications that use Rosetta on Intel-based Macs

- Sharing using AFP, SMB/CIFS, NFS and FTP file sharing protocols

- Login and authentication in a variety of network environments

- Connecting to Cisco VPN servers using IP/Sec and NAT

- AirPort including connectivity to EAP-FAST networks

- Searching iWork ‘06 and Microsoft Office documents using Spotlight

- Viewing of QuickTime streaming media behind a firewall

- Audio playback in QuickTime, iTunes, Final Cut Pro, and Soundtrack applications

- Determining the space required to burn folders

- Synchronizing contacts, bookmarks, and calendars to .Mac and mobile phones

- Mounting and unmounting iDisk volumes

- Time zone and daylight saving for 2006 and 2007

- Security updates

Mac OS X 10.4.8 it's prehistorico

Here's the AppleACPIplattform.pkg from Uphuck 1.3

Instructions are following, I have to go to work^^

Regards, Rakete

--------------------------------------------------------------

Edit1:

first: please everybody put your systemspecs to your signature... Nobody knows, what for a kind of chipset you have, or if you're running an AMD or an Intel CPU...

Here's the AppleACPIplattform.pkg from Uphuck 1.3

Instructions are following, I have to go to work^^

Regards, Rakete

Edit:

I don't know if you can run a *.pkg under the single-user boot commandline and if "open" is the right command ... if anybody here knows more than I, please correct me. I don't tried the following, cause I have the Uphuck 1.3 install DVD. It's only an idea, so be careful.

1 - unzip the AppleACPIPlattform.pkg.zip to your hackintosh bootdrive root. You can use "MacDrive" to access the drive under Windows... it's a nice tool which you can find at the green demon

2 - Bootoption -s (SingleUserMode)

3 - mount -uw /

4 - open /AppleACPIPlattform.pkg (maybe you have to confirm something)

5 - reboot

If you have still problems, boot from any Install-DVD, run Diskutil and repair permissions (I've read somewhere that dikutil don't funktion properly under the single-user boot commandline, correct me if I'm err)

I hope this will help somebody but over again: I'm not a professionel to this and I haven't tested it!

Sorry for my bad english, I give my best.

Regards, Rakete

--------------------------------------------------------------

AppleACPIPlatform.pkg.zip

Had kernel panic with the intel kernel.. found out that the AMD kernel was actually the right one to use even tho' it's running on a p4 prescott. Something about the hpet in the intel kernel and no hpet in the AMD kernel. I suspect most p4s have to use the amd kernel. Would've been nice if this was in the readme.

I just can't seem to get this update to work on my system. I installed using the Uphuck 1.3 DVD and updated right away when I got into OS X. I backed up my extensions and the kernel, then installed the update (intel) and when it was done I moved the new kernel (intel) to / and chowned/chmodded (root:wheel and 644) and copied dsmos.kext to my extensions folder and chowned/chmodded it.

Upon reboot - both in VMware and in native - once the initial kext loading passes (where all of them just fly by the screen, before the screen resolution changes and the kernel boots), it just restarts in native and crashes with some virtual kernel stack error in VMware. I can't even boot in safe or single user mode. Did anyone else experience this problem?

in this installation packages the new kernel is already embeded. You don't have to do anything but installing the update and maybe fix some of the here described issues

RedSox,

Thanks, but I wanted to try Safari on the hack which needs 10.9 or better, it blazes on windows.

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....not sure what to do!

when do you make the update in a hackintosh, you must use the new system.kext do not replace with you old version

the combo 10.4.10 update + 8.10.1 kernel + old system.kext render in unable to mount .dmg an .pkg files

- - -

Can you tell me where these are? Am able to access a old HD with 10.4.6 on it as well where they may be on 10.4.9 JAS DVD?

Did the install and my GPU is gone, using instead of diaboiks....the onboard GMA.

Thanks

Personally, I've given up on this update. I've tried everything in VMWare and on hardware using all kinds of lists of things to copy in and out of the Extensions and all the rest of it. Once...one time....I got it to work under VMWare until I copied in the amd kernel and system.kext which irrepairably killed it. Given the tiny list of enhancements provided and no apparent change in performance, I'm adding 10.4.10 to the "who cares?" list and forgetting about. 10.4.9 works just fine. Or, in other words, if you don't need one of the dozen items it addresses, why trash your computer for nothing?

Compaq v2000z laptop:

AMD Turion64 at 1.8 GHz

2 GB RAM

60 GB IDE drive

x200 video

Thanks, but I wanted to try Safari on the hack which needs 10.9 or better, it blazes on windows.

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....not sure what to do!

RedSox, Safari Beta 3 has a lot of bugs, i tried it.

You dont need to upgrade to 10.4.9 to install, just look for a modified installer for 10.4.8 on the forums.

Hi,

Had JAS 10.4.9 install and everything working 100% except intel video card :(

after using KoolKal 10.4.10 sse2 update system would not boot

so had to copy old extensions over and finally got booting. done some testing and all looked ok

but now system profiler wont work. about my mac works after login patch but loading system profiler not working

even via terminal comes with error "Floating point exception" and wont load

can someone help me please this is the only problem i have except for video but can live without that

vas

thankyou in advaced

I had JAS 10.4.8 on my conroe 945g and needed to upgrade to 10.4.10 to activate my iphone. Installed the package and immediately started to experience major keArnel panics. Booted to OSX safe mode, went back to this forum and read the comment about ACPICPUThrottle.kext not working well with this update. Removed it and everything was perfect!!

Had to remove applehda.kext to get audio working again, but that was it. Graphics (natit), network (RealtekR1000), etc still functioning normally.

And I was able to activate the iphone on the mac instead of the ibm laptop.

Thanks so much for doing this mate!