10.4.10 update INSTALLER (available for download)

Schweppes

166 posts in this topic

Broke my GMA950 Graphics (only have 1024x768 resolution)

Same here, anyone have a clue on how to fix this? both CI/QE still work, but it doesn't recognize my monitor correctly I don't think. I have my backed 10.4.9 kexts.

Otherwise most things are good except it broke my front row installation.

EDIT: FIXED!! I justed needed to delete/rebuild the kext cache.

RedSox, Safari Beta 3 has a lot of bugs, i tried it.

You dont need to upgrade to 10.4.9 to install, just look for a modified installer for 10.4.8 on the forums.

Really? That would be great? What do I search for in the forums?

Keyywwords?

Also, this would allow Adobe CS3 then I assume?

Thanks for advice, keywkords, links!

HP nx7300 here,

Installed the pascalw 10.4.10 update, but then I noticed that it got stuck on a blue screen (not the windows one). then I realized that the computer is not stuc

I connected another display to the laptop and could see the screen there.

looking into it, it seems that the new update simply doesn't recognize the intel GMA950 card or screen. all attempts to change the resolution on either screen cause the display to fail. it's a shame because on the other hand the 10.4.10 update really works well with both cores of the coreduo...

reinstalled uphuck 10.4.9

EDIT:

I was about ready to give up on the update, but I was eager to see if it really would support both cores of the CPU (Core 2 duo, T7200).

OsXsO's solution, replacing the old AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext worked for the video problem, however I haven't been able to boot except in Safe mode. I get Kernel Panic when CPUThrottler tries to change the CPU freq. this is where I'm at now.

for those with gma950 just replace AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext with transmac or antother bootable osx. then start with -x // once you are up in safe mode.. set the right permission for that kext. chomd etc..works finethanks Netkas (kernel) and PascalW for that package..
I'm sorry, what? Can you expand on transmac or another bootable?Would repairing permissions in diskutil do the same thing?Thanks,t-e
EDIT: FIXED!! I justed needed to delete/rebuild the kext cache.
please link how to do that...Thanks,t-e

Well I am still using 10.4.6 (yes, I know that this is more old that my grandmother :P) because I didn't need to update.

But today I was trying iWork'08 and I couldn't install because it requires 10.4.10.

Can I update directly to 10.4.10 using this update or I'll have to update to 10.4.8 and after that to 10.4.10?

continuous reboot after install on 680i intel. i get the loading darwin screen then it crashes and reboots after all flag commands....assuming my once perfect 10.4.8 is screwed

Well I am still using 10.4.6 (yes, I know that this is more old that my grandmother :) ) because I didn't need to update.But today I was trying iWork'08 and I couldn't install because it requires 10.4.10.Can I update directly to 10.4.10 using this update or I'll have to update to 10.4.8 and after that to 10.4.10?
you can use the update but beware, back up everything lol

continuous reboot after install on 680i intel. i get the loading darwin screen then it crashes and reboots after all flag commands....assuming my once perfect 10.4.8 is screwedyou can use the update but beware, back up everything lol

thank you very much!

but, where do I get the update?

Has anyone spotted the updater on USENET?!?!

Every time I use BT my service provider CAPS my 10Mbs DOWN / 1Mbs UP connection down to 1M DOWN / 50Kbs UP and my world sucks till I can convince them to uncap me... especially since I have VOIP as my primary voice line.... Ever try using VOIP with 50Kbs UP speeds?!?! It doesn't work... After all what the heck good is a 10/1 connection if you get harassed every time you use it.... ;)

If some kind soul could send it up to one of the mac binary groups it would be great...

Dave

Have upgraded from jas 10.4.8 to koolkal 10.4.10. Everything seems to be working ok with the exception of safari which crashed every other web site. Downloaded safari 3.0.3 and its been ok since. Also downloaded the recent security update from Apple's website which installed without any problems. Taruga's ALC882 patch still working. CS3 Design premium also working ok. Haven't tried Final Cut Pro yet.

Gigabyte GA-945GZM-S2

FLAWLESS VICTORY!

Backed up all my kexts, etc. Ran the 10.4.10 update from my 10.4.9 system. Abso-freaking-lutely flawless. Damn. My 10.4.9 install was more painful!!!

Had to reinstall my ALC883 drivers, but thus far, it's rockin!

I went from 10.4.9 to 10.4.10 using the updater and am stuck on the blue screen. I know I'm supposed to update a kext but how do I go about doing that? My screen is blue and I can't do anything. I'm fairly new at this and maybe I shouldn't have tried something this complicated but all I need is a link or a complete step by step guide.

Edit: OK, so I attached another screen to my laptop and was able to see what was going on. It starts booting with the Apple logo and the progress bar (after the gray apple screen) and when the progress bar moves a tick it kernel panics. Any help with what I could do?

Installed the intel one, got continuous rebooting, fixed permissions and got a kernel panic. I'm going to back up stuff and try the AMD one (Some one up there said it worked for them), got nothing to lose so meh