10.4.10 update INSTALLER (available for download)

Schweppes

166 posts in this topic

So I'm a real big noob at this, I'll admit it. I got uphuck 10.4.9 v1.4i r2, and I just got pascalw's 4.10 update. Now I was wondering how do I actually update this? Do I put it on cd and boot the computer from the disc? Do i download it and unzip it in the OS? Someone please guide me through this.

Hi!Just installed, booted, I am happy, but I have a big problem! My 30" Cinema Display is not recognised anymore! It was working in 10.4.8. The card is recognised, I have even copied back the ATI drivers from the backup made by the installer, and it didn't help. What should I do?This is from my System Profiler:Radeon X1600 Series: Chipset Model: Radeon X1600 Series Type: Display Bus: PCIe VRAM (Total): 256 MB Vendor: ATI (0x1002) Device ID: 0x71c6 Revision ID: 0x0000 Displays:Display: Resolution: 1024 x 768 Depth: 32-bit Color Core Image: Supported Main Display: Yes Mirror: Off Online: Yes Quartz Extreme: SupportedThe System Preferences / Displays only offers 1024*768.Hmm... Don't write before think... :)Using the Koolkal 10.4.10 combo* update, I have installed the ATI drivers (and nothing else), and now my screen is back at 2560*1600, so I am happy again. Now I can give a try to iLife 08. :)*which killed my 10.4.8...Thanks,w8.Don't write before think! The drivers from Koolkal 10.4.10 combo Update saved my day! :D

Installed on my laptop, not sure if loginwindow.app is failing to load or if it is a graphics issue, but I am stuck at a blue screen. Can someone please give me advice on how to diagnose and hopefully fix this issue. Graphics are GMA950. Help please.

I had the same problem. I booted in single user mode ( -s ), deleted all of the AppleIntelGMA950 kexts, rebooted (which gave me a stretched 1024x768 display without QE or CI), then re-installed the 10.4.8 GMA950 support package from the JaS install disc. Worked fine after that.

I have updated from JaS 10.4.8 to 10.4.10 directly and it worked.

Some points tough, after the reboot sound was gone, but replacing the kext file and installing te driver with installer worked for me.

So sound was back, but then i noticed that the battery was gone as well.

The problem is that i dont know what to do to get it back.

It was initially installed with the JaS 10.4.8 install dvd during installation of OS X itself.

But other then that, it works great.

One Tip for the people who want to install this, make sure you have all rour drivers arround :)

UPDATE:

I searched the forum and found an PowerManagement file and replaced my system file with that one, and yes it worked again.

Man am i glad that this forum exists :D

Hey Captain Spekkie (or to anyone that may be able to answer),

Did you use the downloads on this thread to fix the Power management problem and get the battery meter working again?

To all,

I just updated Jas 10.4.9 with 10.4.10 delta and it went quite smoothly (It shows 10.4.10 on my Mac info). I didn't follow the instructions as written in some of the other forums and I'm stuck.

I installed the update with the installer and rebooted the system.

Then I copied the dmos.kext to System/Library/Extensions/, repair permissions.

Rebooted again.

A window pops up saying the dmos.kext is not supported - any ideas?

I now have the "mach_kernel" file to install, but I have no idea how to do it. please help!

My sound stopped working, but I fixed it with the AHDA 1.16 with Stac9200 dump.

Thanks in advance!

This pack contains 10.4.10 Mac OS X delta update for hackintosh!

Automatic install

MacOSXUpd10.4.10AMD.mpkg.zip - Update package for AMD

MacOSXUpd10.4.10Intel.mpkg.zip - Update package for INTEL

---- (Both packages comes with 8.10.1 kernel + decrypter) ----

Manual install requirements:

mach_amd - 8.10.1 xnu kernel (amd/intel/sse3/noNX/hpet/autofsb)

mach_intel - 8.10.1 xnu kernel (intel/sse3/noNX/hpet/autofsb)

dsmos.kext - binary decrypter

Don't forget to backup your extensions!!!!

IT`S ON THE BAY OF PIRA....

Tell if you do a successful upgrade !!!

thank you

Used the koolkal updater and got it up and running except for the kernel which I've tried to install every which way prescribed in the forums from Tokio to Helsinki: no luck straight up reboot after the darwin shows his face. Not even a kernel panic. I used the intel kernel 8.10.1 on an asrock 4coredual vsta motherboard and a c2d 6300. I'm also using all the kexts supplied with the update, without having to replace a single one from the previous install (jas 1.3) except for the NVidia kexts to get my card running.

Here are my questions:

- how can I get the new kernel running, anyone else have these hard reboots and got theirs installed at some point?

- Is it really necessary it replace the kext with those from the previous install, like the SMBios, etc...? What is the benefit?

- Anyone running the nvidia 10.4.10 drivers on a 8.9.1 kernel or these only work on a 8.10.1 kernel? I'm having graphic corruptions in OpenGL games and would love to give these a whirl. (7600AGP, NVinject 0.9, AGPGart 2.1)

- last thing, for some reason if I reboot my router, OS X won't recognize it anymore and I have to reboot the computer. Any suggestions?

Thanks a bunch

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, I had installed Uphuck 1.4i R2 and successfully updated to 10.4.10 with the Pascal updater. My bootlist has -legacy on by default, I don't remember adding this option. Is this necessary/recommended? I am running on a Asus P5B with C2D E6300. Thanks.

just installed uphuck 10.4.9 v1.4 r2 and was also successful in updating it 10.4.10 using this update pack from TPB. but for me to be able to install iWork'08, i have to have quicktime 7.2. i'm downloading quicktime right now and hopefully i can successfully install it in my osx86 10.4.10 so i can also install iWork'08. just a share. :(

+ + +

success!

• 2 weeks later...

well i really want to wean from ms office. good thing i'm already able to install make iWork'08 work in my computer but it's just that learning curve for Numbers is very much steep. so will someone pls. help me install Office 2004 Mac (i just can't make it work in my osx86). tnx in advance.

i just tried the koolkal automatic update and now when i boot verbos it hangs and says

failed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatfor,

Couldn't alloc class "AppleACPIPlaformExpert"

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x003AB83F): Unable to find driver for this platform: "ACPI".

any help?

• 4 weeks later...

Where can I download this? I've found it on TPB but it doesn't seem to be working.

EDIT: I found it... I must have had a old link.

I've updated somewhat successfully although I've lost my networking. Both my Ethernet and Wireless are not working. I replaced the IONetworkingFamily.kext file with my original one but that didn't fix it.

I had to also replace the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext to get my GMA950 working right.

Any ideas on the networking anyone?