InsanelyHacked!

178 posts in this topic

this is my first post and this site has been and is very useful to people who just love to grok just like me. it is just unfortunate that we have to bear the inconvenience wrought by some selfish people who just hate to see other people learn and gain something through the forums. thanks to all of you guys here at insanelymac for everything i have learned, you know who you guys are..BEERS!

The site was brought up quickly, and improved: I'm happy with that. When buying equipment or a site from someone, it's smart to do a security audit in case the previous admin left it in a bad state. Hindsight, 20/20, etc.

I'm not worried about my email address being known, though I've changed the one I registered, along with my easily-guessed password (this account was hastily set up). Thank you for the notification of the security breach. I made a post that took about 5min of experimentation to get benchmark scores on, so that's all I've lost.

I learned the hard way that you can't just sit back to collect revenue from ad money, but you also need to actively update the forum's system to avoid exploits before they happen.

I'm just glad I used a temporary e-mail account to sign up for these forums. I suggest everybody should do the same. As long as you check your control panel for messages, there's no need to actually have anything forwarded to your real e-mail address.

But u can pay to a good programer or run a program to see some exploids, or open ports, stuff like that.

Well im far far far far far far away from UK, but i think is faster, with two server more secure.

We'd like to take this opportunity to appologise for the fact that your email addresses have been compromised and may be passed/sold on to third parties who may like to inform you from time to time that is indeed possible to double the size of your genitalia and perform like a god or goddess in the bedroom.

That doesn't soudn too bad! :D

There was some supposed contact with the guy who hacked it on IRC. I don't believe it though, considering the guy appeared to be russian (from what I heard, I wasn't there).

There was some supposed contact with the guy who hacked it on IRC. I don't believe it though, considering the guy appeared to be russian (from what I heard, I wasn't there).

ive heard lots of storys... most of em make sense.... :D