Get ready for the iPhone!

40 posts in this topic

The iPhone is almost here! It is released across the US at 6pm on the 29th of June. It will be available simultaneously at Apple retail stores, AT&T retail stores as well as Apple's online store. Apple says the (rather odd) 6pm launch is so that everyone gets a good chance to get their iPhone. Of course, it would be a good idea to turn up early. But just how early? This week's MacPoll wants to find out.

Can't afford an iPhone yet, or just live outside of the US? Well, Apple has provided some new material to keep your dreams up. A new guided tour of the iPhone takes you through all the features. Apple has also provided a short guide to aid your first days on the iPhone, by explaining how to transfer your contacts and photos etc.

Is the iPhone not enough for you? Or perhaps you just need to compensate for something :| . Either way, these giant display models of the iPhone are bound to draw some attention as you walk down the street.

Although the iPhone's data plan seems to be unspecified at the moment, don't let that give you reason to cancel your contract too soon, as it may cost you $175!.

I guess there's not much left to do now but sit outside an Apple store and wait! (I'm the guy in the blue jacket with the Powerbook at the Cupertino store! :) )

Whoa, when did you get on the News Team? Congrats! :|

(I'm the guy in the blue jacket with the Powerbook at the Cupertino store! :thumbsup_anim: )

No you're not... your profile says you're in Scotland. :star_smile:

Kinda wish I could get an iPhone, but I don't like Cingular AT&T because the coverage isn't too good where I live. When I finally get a cell phone it'll probably be a crazr from Verizon or something.

Now if they would just sell these unlocked...

EDIT: OMG SABR = ADMIN!!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!!!!!

On a more serious note, congrats to you both. :)

Whoa, when did you get on the News Team? Congrats! :star_smile:

No you're not... your profile says you're in Scotland. :D

Kinda wish I could get an iPhone, but I don't like Cingular AT&T because the coverage isn't too good where I live. When I finally get a cell phone it'll probably be a crazr from Verizon or something.

Now if they would just sell these unlocked...

EDIT: OMG SABR = ADMIN!!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!!!!!

On a more serious note, congrats to you both. :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks ErBiC :)

No Sabr, unfortunately that's not the UK release date :thumbsdown_anim:

Looks like it will be Q4 2007. And because of the cancelation fee, you won't be able to grab one and bring it back here. :(

Really... it's coming around for the US users! I can't await the European launch!!!

Yeah sometime next year probably :-(

I guess Europe's release will be right before X-mass-sales heat up.

Anyway. I still would like to see how the Prada-phone stacks up against iPhone.

Cheers

Yeah sometime next year probably :-(

I guess Europe's release will be right before X-mass-sales heat up.

Anyway. I still would like to see how the Prada-phone stacks up against iPhone.

Cheers

I was using the Prada phone today.

It's pants! the touch screen is really insensitive and the menus just aren't intuitive.

Looks nice though :lol:

I have AT&T and I also have a sister in-law who works for AT&T in their offices here in KCK (Kansas City, Kansas)

I want an iPhone, but I heard its going to be $600, and I don't know if by the end of the summer, working 40-hours a week at $8 a hour, if I will have enough money to get one of these!

I also heard from my sister in-law, that the battery will only last, full charged, when its not doing anything, for 6 hours.

I don't know if those are the specifications for the pre-release, she said that one of her friends got one early (Lucky bugger) I don't know if it was a concept one, or what they are planning for release.

Looking forward to getting a iPhone and showing it off to all of my friends once school starts again :D.

I have AT&T and I also have a sister in-law who works for AT&T in their offices here in KCK (Kansas City, Kansas)

I want an iPhone, but I heard its going to be $600, and I don't know if by the end of the summer, working 40-hours a week at $8 a hour, if I will have enough money to get one of these!

I also heard from my sister in-law, that the battery will only last, full charged, when its not doing anything, for 6 hours.

I don't know if those are the specifications for the pre-release, she said that one of her friends got one early (Lucky bugger) I don't know if it was a concept one, or what they are planning for release.

Looking forward to getting a iPhone and showing it off to all of my friends once school starts again :hysterical:.

first of all no, the battery isnt going to only last 6 hours, cmon , would apple let alone any company release a cell phone with a battery life of only 6 hours?

here is a quote from apple-

CUPERTINO, California—June 18, 2007—Apple® today announced that iPhone™ will deliver significantly longer battery life when it ships on June 29 than was originally estimated when iPhone was unveiled in January. iPhone will feature up to 8 hours of talk time, 6 hours of Internet use, 7 hours of video playback or 24 hours of audio playback.* In addition, iPhone will feature up to 250 hours—more than 10 days—of standby time. Apple also announced that the entire top surface of iPhone, including its stunning 3.5-inch display, has been upgraded from plastic to optical-quality glass to achieve a superior level of scratch resistance and optical clarity.

and i highly doubt that your sisters friend really got an iphone early....

I don't know.. She is a little bit of a liar. I'm looking forward to the iPhone.

Is it going to be $600, or $500. I'm sure that its not going to be cheap.

WoW!! The iPhone is almost here. I know on the 29th I will tending my garden not really giving a {censored}.

Just like Apple TV. Yeah, it looks cool, does cool stuff but then I think about it. Do I really need it? And all I get is a big resounding, "Nope". The money that the iPhone will cost (plus contract) is a lot of serious money. I would get more use with that money (pay off my credit card bill, invest in Apple, buy the wife something nice, take a holiday, etc) than I would with a phone. And if I ever lost it, omg!!!

Yeah, it is like carrying around an Apple but I spend enough time at my terminal; it is nice to get a break. There are other people I want to see (and in real life, not iChat, skype, IM, etc) and get away from Steve Jobs. For all the evil that is espoused on Bill Gates, at least he lets us have a personal life without him. Steve Jobs wants us to be totally dependent on him.

So, enjoy your addiction to Cupertino, I an not a number, I am a free man

I don't know.. She is a little bit of a liar. I'm looking forward to the iPhone.

Is it going to be $600, or $500. I'm sure that its not going to be cheap.

4GB iPhone = $500

8GB iPhone = $600

:rolleyes:

Strange how Apple and AT&T don't disclose the amount service will be on the iPhone, it's like going to a classy jewelry store that displays its pieces but doesn't disclose the price until you ask to see it ?

So for the high end of $600.00USC plus what I hear is a commitment of a 2 Years Contract, Most Packages have a discount on the Phone when you elect a 2 Years Commitment Package, which isn't happening with the iPhone purchase??? I will just sit back and see what develops, I already have cable at home for my website needs, why in gods name would I want to pay additional cash for access to the web on the iPhone as well??, and who is going to be sitting with this phone all day browsing the Web, does the package include unlimited access to the web or is it limited to a certain amount of hours?? Personally I say keep your cash in your pocket or the bank on this one....

It's too much for a phone. It's gone beyond a phone and become more of a PDA with phone capabilities. It's like a Blackberry now. It'll probably do everything but make calls well!

well...it isn't designed just to be a phone. it is a phone, an iPod and a portable internet communicator all packaged in one sleek device. It is meant to tackle the smartphone market for the mass consumers.