Get ready for the iPhone!

40 posts in this topic

Strange how Apple and AT&T don't disclose the amount service will be on the iPhone, it's like going to a classy jewelry store that displays its pieces but doesn't disclose the price until you ask to see it ?

So for the high end of $600.00USC plus what I hear is a commitment of a 2 Years Contract, Most Packages have a discount on the Phone when you elect a 2 Years Commitment Package, which isn't happening with the iPhone purchase??? I will just sit back and see what develops, I already have cable at home for my website needs, why in gods name would I want to pay additional cash for access to the web on the iPhone as well??, and who is going to be sitting with this phone all day browsing the Web, does the package include unlimited access to the web or is it limited to a certain amount of hours?? Personally I say keep your cash in your pocket or the bank on this one....

here are the rates

http://www.apple.com/iphone/easysetup/rateplans.html

i cannot wait till tomorrow!!!!!! I * was a little worried that i might not get one cause of stock but it sounds like they are gonnahave plent so i dont need to wait 100 hours in advance plus im gonna go to a small store in the middle of nowhere so i can up my chances

The iPhone is almost here! It is released across the US at 6pm on the 29th of June. It will be available simultaneously at Apple retail stores, AT&T retail stores as well as Apple's online store. Apple says the (rather odd) 6pm launch is so that everyone gets a good chance to get their iPhone. Of course, it would be a good idea to turn up early. But just how early? This week's MacPoll wants to find out.

Can't afford an iPhone yet, or just live outside of the US? Well, Apple has provided some new material to keep your dreams up. A new guided tour of the iPhone takes you through all the features. Apple has also provided a short guide to aid your first days on the iPhone, by explaining how to transfer your contacts and photos etc.

Is the iPhone not enough for you? Or perhaps you just need to compensate for something :D . Either way, these giant display models of the iPhone are bound to draw some attention as you walk down the street.

Although the iPhone's data plan seems to be unspecified at the moment, don't let that give you reason to cancel your contract too soon, as it may cost you $175!.

I guess there's not much left to do now but sit outside an Apple store and wait! (I'm the guy in the blue jacket with the Powerbook at the Cupertino store! :D )

THERE IS NO TEXTING IN THE ICRAP(I MEAN IPHONE!!!) WTF over!!!

THERE IS NO TEXTING IN THE ICRAP(I MEAN IPHONE!!!) WTF over!!!

You mean other than SMS and email? Watch the video linked to in the first post to see what it can do. I'm still not all that impressed though, especially with "now you can get the real internet on your phone" line, that's been around for years now, same with opening links and calling numbers from messages.

Is it released for the UK on the 29th too?

Yeah like Marvin said its not gonna be today but I heard rumors that not this year but next year March is when you guys will be getting them. Not to worry I might be getting some iPhones to trade in UK when I go this summer if I have a couple we might be able to meet up and I can give it to you guys for an added fee :thumbsdown_anim:

I'll keep you guys updated

Hi everybody,

I'm french and i'll go to NY next week. Is it possible to buy an iPhone without suscribing a contract with Cingular ? Or even if i buy it in an Apple Store, it is with a contract ?

How do you suppose you would use it then?

It's exclusively AT&T....

shahrose786

*sniff sniff* do i smell spam?

hahaha a fee, they can order it off ebay for that... or the us, but ittl do em no good because its CARRIER LOCKED, so good luck selling those phones that wont even work in the uk.... good job.

Not to mention the ridiculous import taxes (+33%) that'll be added.

Naaah... I'll stick to me olde SE750i. It also has a good cam, mp3-player, radio, bluetooth, usb, agenda etc....

Besides I discovered through the years that generally SE (and in lesser extent Nokia) usually have the best phone features so I'd really want to see how the iPhone is doing that (which is the most important for a phone, right).

Let the beta-testers in the US buy and use it first. by the time the iPhone comes to europe either the big players counter-acted it or the iPhone is 1 or 2 revisions up (with some functional improvements).

Anyway. for the punters who have them now. It doesn't mean that you have to forget wetting our appetite :-) while playing with it. Take photos and show them, tell us your experience and perhaps compare to other similar (or not so-similar) priced phones. Perhaps start developping a Front-row controller-app for it ro other neat tricks.

Since its also ARM-based I wonder how long it'll take for some Linux-variant to appear in it :-)

Cheers