Mac OS X Leopard Leaked

14 posts in this topic

The latest version of the Macintosh operating system, version 10.5 Leopard, has appeared on torrent sites all over the web. Though a little late, the torrent comprises of the feature-complete beta release handed out to developers at WWDC ‘07.

One year ago, we wrote about the first Leopard preview being leaked onto torrent sites. That release lacked the “secret features” that were to be announced sometime this year. As it goes with OS releases, Leopard was repeatedly delayed, and now, one year later, the feature-complete developer preview has been released and, consequently, leaked to BitTorrent.

Announced by Steve Jobs in his keynote at WWDC ‘07, Leopard is the fifth iteration of the Unix-based operating system. It is the “feature-complete” release and is not expected to change much before it goes on sale in October of this year. New features include, among others, a new version of the Finder, the Mac file manager, a new unified interface, Time Machine, a backup application heavy on eye-candy, and Spaces, an integrated virtual desktops implementation.

Mac OS X Leopard

542049555_ea7c5ba916.jpg

Creative Commons picture by M. Caimary.

The developer preview was handed out to attendees of the Apple developer conference almost two weeks ago. Normally, one would start to see torrents for such a thing appear hours, if not minutes, after it is handed out. It seems Apple developers aren’t as quick on the uptake as our Windows-using friends. The Vista RTM (Release to Manufacturing) was uploaded even before news sites had the chance to write about Microsoft pushing out its first non-beta release of Windows Vista.

Titled “Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard 9A466 WWDC ‘07″ or “The New Big Cat”, Mac OS 10.5 can be found on almost every torrent site on the web. But before our Mac-using friends rush to download a copy for themselves, it’s best we mention that this is beta software, and even if no new features are going to be added to it, the OS is reportedly buggy and requires work. We recommend you hold out till its release in October and buy yourself a copy. It’s cheap.

You can find it on TPB, *hint: look at my topic description*

It'll be nice if I could run it on my Hackintosh.

Haha, I love this...

It's not the actual Macs that people love, it's the damn OS.

I feel sorry for the millions of people that are being ripped off into buying a Mac computer when the whole point of it is the OS...

Got a link to a complete model like the iMac that is self contained that I can run OS X on?

I anticipate spending the extra $200 over the price of a similar type PC setup in a few months. Its good to know you feel sorry for me. ;-)

I feel sorry for the millions of people that are being ripped off into buying a Mac computer when the whole point of it is the OS...

I feel sorry for the last remaining rest of notebooks on the campus, still running Windows on some Klingon-Style machines...

no cam, no bluetooth, no EFI, no FW800, no fun.

:(

But I love my hackintosh desktop as much as my macbook.

Haha, I love this...

It's not the actual Macs that people love, it's the damn OS.

i'm sorry you feel that way.... i see god in my MBP so... i dont feel i'm being ripped off

I dont feel safe downloading it through a torrent, but if anyone accidently drop Leopard in a web server and accidently PMed me the Link, that would work :P

First, It would take a long long long long long long long long long long time to upload.

Then, It would take the downloader a long long long long long long long long long long to download it.

Plus, It would put strain of the web server and limit the bandwidth.

Torrenting would be faster because of the number of ppl sharing the data.

But I bet someone would do what your looking for...

My macbook is awesome! I love the os too, but my macbook is beautiful!

But I love my hackintosh desktop as much as my macbook.

Thanks! :thumbsup_anim:

Got a link to a complete model like the iMac that is self contained that I can run OS X on?

I anticipate spending the extra $200 over the price of a similar type PC setup in a few months. Its good to know you feel sorry for me. ;-)

Yeah, I guess I have to agree with you...

It's just like saying that it is stupid for buying an ipod when you can have the same features for cheap from some other company...Lovin' my iPod

Sorry I kind of forgot about that...

I guess in the end it all comes down, What ever floats your boat!