Mac OS X 10.4.10 is available!

Wraith

21 posts in this topic

More info:

The 10.4.10 Update is recommended for PowerPC and Intel-based Mac computers currently running Mac OS X Tiger. This update includes general operating system fixes, as well as specific fixes or compatibility updates for the following applications and technologies:

- RAW camera support

- Mounting and unmounting external USB devices

- Support for 3rd party software applications

- Security updates

For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n305533.

For detailed information on security updates, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n61798.

I was just about to post this :)

Is it safe to update on an Intel system?

Not yet, but if you're really brave, you could try to backup your 10.4.9 kernel, some kexts like ioatafamily.kext and applesmbios.kext ,update with the 10.4.10 installer, then replace your old kernel and some kexts (don't forget to remove appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext!) and finally place the decrypts I posted. Could work.

Sorry I didn't replied before but I just hosed my system. :D BTW Hackintosh. I must've missed something from my backup. Will try to reinstall 10.4.9 to see if it works.

Can't wait to have Geforce 8's working!!

Possible to directly update from 10.4.8?

I had a hard time updating from 10.4.8 - 10.4.9. Hope this time it will success... :thumbsup_anim:

No. I just destroyed my system by installing it from the automatic update. Does anybody know how can I delete all the files from the installation without erasing my users folder? I need to delete them from linux.

For those that are interested a few of us have successfully installed 10.4.10 and have info in the post-installation section.

This update is actually pretty safe provided you backup what you need to backup.