AMD Users

43 posts in this topic

Hey AMD users out there...

What is the best 10.4.9 out there for you?

Also any AMD users have gotten uphuck v1.3 working?

Please tell how you did it and what options you are using...

I can't seem to get mine working...

i'm using JaS 10.4.8... it comes with a patch that says Intel... i'm gonna back up my system and try it to see what it does, i'll keep you posted... so far, i would go with uphuck... i haven't downloaded it and haven't used it but all i've heard about it is praise... i'm gonna try to get it up on an older machine... i'll letya know

Never regretted trusting myzar's releases for amd, including 10.4.9.

uphucks' initiative of a universal is interesting and encouraging, but understandably the intel platform will be more stable as it is predominant. If the two would unite their efforts (which they could already be, I have no idea), I'd assuredly try it.

uphuck does thank tubgirl, so this is an encouraging nod at some collaboration.

as the stability of the "tubgirl" release, i guess it depends on your criteria. i've not had problems with the latest 10.4.9 dvd at tpb.

uphuck does thank tubgirl, so this is an encouraging nod at some collaboration.

as the stability of the tubgirl release, i guess it depends on your criteria. i've not had problems with the latest 10.4.9 dvd at tpb.

Tubgirl is running very solid for me...no issues, everything runs out of the box. It's fast and smooth!

but how is the stability with myzars release?

im also pretty sure that the uphuck release is just the tubgirl one...

I have two bootable systems on the same hardware. One is installed from the Tubgirl 10.4.9 DVD and the other is a Jas 10.4.8 DVD updated with Myzar's 10.4.9 update.

Both are incredibly stable. I think the issue is more your chipset support rather than being related to being a AMD CPU.

is your tubgirl 10 4 9 the 10 4 8 final with the ppf

That's the only one I'm aware of.

problem with tubgirl is that her products seem overwhelming unpopular.

How do you figure? Just because you see more about Uphuck? (normal since so many Intel users are using, AMD voices lost in the volume.)

Why is that problem? You can use/try whichever you want. If it works who cares if it isn't as popular, it gets you a working 10.4.9

problem with tubgirl is that her products seem overwhelming unpopular.

?

Since they're mostly "advertised" as AMD-oriented installs (although it seems intel users have had success with it), myzar's releases are less "popular" indeed, in some sense.

I have two bootable systems on the same hardware. One is installed from the Tubgirl 10.4.9 DVD and the other is a Jas 10.4.8 DVD updated with Myzar's 10.4.9 update.

Both are incredibly stable. I think the issue is more your chipset support rather than being related to being a AMD CPU.

How did you update the JAS 10.4.8 to 10.4.9? I would like to do that too...

i'm still running the 10.4.8 amd test 1 and havent encountered any set backs (beside the login screen, which doesnt bother me), but how much better is 10.4.9 than a working x.4.8?

For everyday use, probably no real difference.

How did you update the JAS 10.4.8 to 10.4.9? I would like to do that too...

You quoted the method: Myzar's 10.4.9 Update. (Just search for Myzar & 10.4.9 you'll find it)

AMD SSE3 users what options did you select in the 1.3v dvd ?

Not a problem here with AMD/uphuck.... I think the important ones were to select to remove the Intel power management stuff. I read about uphuck not being stable on AMD, but I haven't had a lick of trouble with it except for the USB issues, which I've had with ANY dvd I've tried.

For me the Uphuck 1.3 works perfectly on an AMD X2 3800+ / A8N-SLI / GeForce 6800 GS 256mb.

Install :

the AMD package of course,

Universal 3 Kernel (6 May rlz ?)

but also the ACPI Patch for AMD (without it, the osx boot stay stuck at "CPU01 start")

and Natit v0.2 + Modified my Device_id/Vendor_id (on the GeForce.kext / NVDAResman.kext NVDANV40HAL.kext).

Since that, all works perfectly, Maya, FCS 2.0, Adobe CS3, ...

The only thing that doesn't work correctly it's the sleep mode of osx, when i wake up my computer my keyboard and mouse aren't reconized anymore.