New Leopard themed Apple Website style.

EFI

27 posts in this topic

Wow, they're really tossing out just about every design style they previously had, even on their website.

iTunes 7 matte grey is flooding the Apple universe. My biggest fear has come true.

Wow, they're really tossing out just about every design style they previously had, even on their website.

iTunes 7 matte grey is flooding the Apple universe. My biggest fear has come true.

My greatest fear is if they get rid of the aqua toolbars/scrollbars and replace them with the iTunes one in Leopard...that would be a nightmare come true for me.

My greatest fear is if they get rid of the aqua toolbars/scrollbars and replace them with the iTunes one in Leopard...that would be a nightmare come true for me.

Safari 3 still has the nice aqua ones so I think we're safe :thumbsup_anim:

(Although the new Finder looks like Aero)

Don't forget that Safari 3 has different GUI styles depending on whether it's running on Tiger, Leopard, XP, or Vista. Safari 3 for Tiger has built-in brushed metal patterns that seem to stick even if you use a Shapeshifter theme.

The new site design is starting to grow on me. I like it. Whoever invented Cover Flow must be rich. If you really think about it, Cover Flow is central to the inspiration surrounding a lot of the design elements of not only Leopard, but also now of their website. Look at all the places where you see images stacked ala Cover Flow. It looks simply beautiful. :thumbsup_anim:

Don't forget that Safari 3 has different GUI styles depending on whether it's running on Tiger, Leopard, XP, or Vista. Safari 3 for Tiger has built-in brushed metal patterns that seem to stick even if you use a Shapeshifter theme.

The new site design is starting to grow on me. I like it. Whoever invented Cover Flow must be rich. If you really think about it, Cover Flow is central to the inspiration surrounding a lot of the design elements of not only Leopard, but also now of their website. Look at all the places where you see images stacked ala Cover Flow. It looks simply beautiful. :thumbsup_anim:

Yeah Coverflow owns. And ok Ill clarify, on Vista theys till have Aqua scrollbars.

the new Finder looks more like iTunes than Aero...

Yeah you're right. I should have said the new "desktop" as Jobs calls it. The finder itself isnt like Aero at all. But the new Floor and Menubar are another story.

new apple.com....

trash in my opinion, it just horrendous looking!

the only nice neat thing they did was the use of js (the use of js not the actually way they used it)

haha! i was contemplating on weather to change my c2d cube's site to be more "up-to-date" with the new apple skin and i decided not to!

where o' where did they intelligent designers at apple go!?

-DiaboliK

best part about the new Apple.com: Search! type something in, and you'll get your search results instantly like Spotlight

I didn't notice it before, that's really cool. It's surprisingly quick too, doesn't really feel like I'm browsing the web.

make that 2 for {censored} design! :)

Don't get me wrong. Parts of their site are simply jaw-dropping. It's Leopard that could really use a face-lift.

Like this page, for example: http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/ How can you not say that is one of the best designs Apple has ever come up with? And the way the demo videos pop up is very nice too.

And this page: http://www.apple.com/itunes/ That product scroller thingy is insane and cool. I also like the little video media sections at the bottom of a lot of their pages.

Here's one page I don't like: http://www.apple.com/startpage/ It looks way to square and gridded.

The only thing I really don't like is the new top navigation bar. Looks like a big log of grey poopies.

I like Leopard's new theme, and Apple's new website. Of course, I liked iTunes too, so i'm sure that's saying something!

Also, I especially like how they kept Mac OS X looking like you could point and touch INTO the screen rather than making it 3D-ish so that you feel like it's popping OUT of the screen, like Vista. Don't get me wrong: Vista has a nice look, but I think it fits better with apples current computer models to feel like the OS currently does because it keeps the simple, small, clean look from hardware straight through to software.

-Urby

I do think that there are some cool features, as said the search function is great. But in the end I find the black very disturbing, the white used to make the site look very relaxed, now I have the idea it's full with clutter. Not a propper Apple site.

To show my point I took a screenshot of the old Dutch Apple site and the new U.S. one.

post-6877-1181907475_thumb.pngpost-6877-1181907515_thumb.png

But in the end I find the black very disturbing, the white used to make the site look very relaxed, now I have the idea it's full with clutter. Not a propper Apple site.

If Apple made their site with a pink menubar, brown background, and pictures of Steve Jobs breastfeeding children, I'd be disturbed.

Black is also known as "negative space," and at least to me, it makes the site seem somewhat fuller while not being cluttered. After all, white is the default background of a web page. I think their site was too minimalistic before.

Contrary to what many people think about the site, all I can say is FINALLY. The last style has been in service for almost 8 years and it was really time for a change. I Love the coverflow taht is found on the site and the "Spotlight" search is a nice touch.

Without the white it doesn't seem like an Apple product. They're famous for a lot of their products being in bright white and the black, well, it's not in-keeping with the image. I must admit though navigation is easier.

I'm not really sure what to think. It definately seems like Apple is transitioning away from Aqua, and moving into the new iTunes 7-ish look and feel. Personally, I don't really care for the new site look or the new grey matte feel, but then again, I am a huge Aqua fan.