How does one become a moderator?

68 posts in this topic

I hope the whole thing doesn't turn into a "my badge is better than yours' or "my badge gives me more power than yours" matter.
My no badge, is better than yours :)

Remember people, with power comes responsibility.
great?

"With great power comes great evil...."

Also just finshed my final year uni exams a few hours ago. Feels odd not knowing what the next step I want to take is. I'm just praying it all goes well. But anyway because I've got some time now I may go and watch Spidie 3.

one man said : "it`s better to be good member of good forum,than bad admin on bad forum" ....

that is true,but not in this case...

you can have same authority like mod if you are good member...

mod is just very good member,nothing else ... :whistle:

i love macs... and i love being in this community... you dont have to be a mod or admin to better serve the community... there are many ways of offering your help to insanelymac... first of which is sharing the passion...

the moderators in this forum are superb... as well as the news team and the devs... i love you guys!! keep up the good work!! its a good thing that there are more and more people willing to offert time and effort to this site... its a good thing!!

Tried

i love macs... and i love being in this community... you dont have to be a mod or admin to better serve the community... there are many ways of offering your help to insanelymac... first of which is sharing the passion...

the moderators in this forum are superb... as well as the news team and the devs... i love you guys!! keep up the good work!! its a good thing that there are more and more people willing to offert time and effort to this site... its a good thing!!

Tried

Excellent post. Very refreshing :P

15/16?

Ideally a moderator should be at least 20 (IMO), but younger people can also be mature.

Hypothetically speaking, what would you say if I told you I was 16?

Hypothetically speaking, what would you say if I told you I was 16?

I know that you are not and you are not behaving like one.

However, as I said above, there are people who are very mature at an early age (exceptions)

What I wrote in post #54 is only a suggested guideline (a wish)

I don't know why you find it so odd: the law has a minimum age for everything: sex, smoking, drinking, driving, voting...

I don't think age should play a huge part, if the person in question has proven him/herself mature and capable of doing the job.

Besides, age != maturity. I'm 15, but I consider myself pretty mature as far as online forums and such go. (real life is a little different, but nobody here knows me in real life :angel: )

Personally, I think Kiko, Ramm, Alessandro, or AcePlayer would all be good choices if ColdFusion & co. suddenly start looking for a new mod. And there's probably a bunch of other people who I'm not thinking of at the moment that would also make good moderators.

But hell, that's just me. Not like whatever I say is going to change anything. :2cents:

I don't know why you find it so odd: the law has a minimum age for everything: sex, smoking, drinking, driving, voting...

Nahh, I don't find anything odd, and I don't disagree with you, I just feel that someone's ability to reason is more important than their age most of the time. :)

But hell, that's just me. Not like whatever I say is going to change anything. :)

Hey! Don't say that - you're as much a part of this community as I am - we all have a say in InsanelyMac. ;)

- Sb.

On the young thing, I agree BUT I say not true age, but mental maturity. I was a mod/admin on a site long ago and then I merged 3 posts to one, didn't need all 3. I got one the admins on ICQ screaming at me, a f*cking 15 year old that needed his ass kicked. :P He took my mod ability away from me. I didn't flame on the board, I was NICE and asked all the keep it in one thread. Sorry ass kid finally was kicked out, but THAT is what people mean. True age means nothing, but mental maturity is what makes the difference. If they are a f'ing {censored} kid in their mind, DON'T NEED THEM! :P