How does one become a moderator?

68 posts in this topic

Posting stupid topics is one of the fastest ways.

Other ways include spamming the board with useless comments and flaming the Mods with persistent PMs about that.

Even if they tell you this is not going to work, ignore them.

They are just jelous.

Guest Ramm

There are no open moderator positions.

Even if there were, you with your resounding 168 posts would not be the perfect candidate. I think you just want the position to say you have it....

not really. I want to be a moderator to clean up some of my topics with the moderators should have.(Racism and personal attacks have penetrated some topics{look in real life}, and the moderators haven't cleaned them up!?)

Posting stupid topics is one of the fastest ways.

Other ways include spamming the board with useless comments and flaming the Mods with persistent PMs about that.

Even if they tell you this is not going to work, ignore them.

They are just jelous.

:D very funny. ;)

Guest Ramm

If I recall you were bitching all over me because I hadn't had a thousand or more posts, and I wanted to be a mod. If you will care to notice, Mr Bond is just one example of a mod without over a thousand posts.

Moderators do have to fit a certain criteria. One of those is a certain post count (I think I became a moderator at around 800 posts? However, I don't think there is a standard figure. A good thing to remember here is quality - not quanity). Also, you show yourself to be a mature, reasonable person. If you think you qualify as a Moderator, post in the Want to work for us? topic, or send a private message to ColdFusion.

Even if there were, you with your resounding 168 posts would not be the perfect candidate. I think you just want the position to say you have it....

1) How would you know if there are any open moderator positions?

2) Post count is not something we base our judgements on. Someone could have 21469 posts, but still not be a suitable candidate.

- Sb. :(

Guest Ramm

Well, let me rephrase that statment: To the best of my knowledge, there are no open moderator slots.

I just assumed because of what you told me on IRC, Sabr.

And according to Colonel and Kiko, post count is considered; based on their statements.

Well, let me rephrase that statment: To the best of my knowledge, there are no open moderator slots.

I just assumed because of what you told me on IRC, Sabr.

And according to Colonel and Kiko, post count is considered; based on their statements.

What I said on IRC is that you have a much better chance of becomming part of the News Team than a Moderator :)

And let me rephrase what I meant to say in 2):

Post count is considered, but is not the most fundamental/significant aspect that we look at in a user. Rather, the time period they have been registered on the forum is important. :) Either way, what I said in my previous post in number 2 is still what I'm saying here. We don't base our judgments on post count alone, but as a whole, it does affect our decision. :)

- Sb.

2) Post count is not something we base our judgements on. Someone could have 21469 posts, but still not be a suitable candidate.

- Sb. :)

Exactly. Probably I'll never be a suitable candidate, because I like to have fun and to express my opinions strongly, sometimes.

Edit: sorry, I didn't notice that you had rephrased what you meant to say in 2), but it still doesn't change the meaning of my post.

I personally think you'd be a good mod :).

ór at least better than certain mods here anyway

Thanks, that is nice of you :)

I believe you would as well. But you are a dev, which is more important.

Guest Ramm

A dev? Kiko can't even spell Xcode :)

Colonel, I have seventy posts in the 9999 replies thread, tops. Nothing compared to Universe_JDJ's 400 and somewhat... Most of my posts are in the installation/post installation forums.

Sabr, I have been here longer than you (you too, Colonel), so based on (some of) what you said in rephrasal #2, I should be a super mod. You may want to make rephrasal number three ;)

The truth is revealing that sort of information would open the mods here up to all sorts of serious litigation regarding sexual deviancy. and if that happened then who would run the forums?

I wasn't aware there there is a formal vacancy system that we have here? When Colonel became a Mod I don't remember seeing anyone leave for him to fill a gap? I always thought you offer your assistance (ideally when it seems like they need it) and they'll look into it.

Moderators do have to fit a certain criteria. One of those is a certain post count (I think I became a moderator at around 800 posts? However, I don't think there is a standard figure. A good thing to remember here is quality - not quanity). Also, you show yourself to be a mature, reasonable person. If you think you qualify as a Moderator, post in the Want to work for us? topic, or send a private message to ColdFusion.

1) How would you know if there are any open moderator positions?

- Sb. ;)

Who can't get that? It's perfectly laid out. And to be honest, this is fairly obvious too people. Just good recruiting.

Exactly. Probably I'll never be a suitable candidate, because I like to have fun and to express my opinions strongly, sometimes.

I don't think you're posts have been to far out but I can see what you mean though. As I Mod I guess you need to zip your lip more often. Something I have to admit I haven't always done either. Especially the early days. Oh how me and OryHara participated in almost artistic attacks. How I miss them, but no... I shall leave them to rest.

I personally think you'd be a good mod :censored2:.

ór at least better than certain mods here anyway

You know at first I laughed my head silly when I thought of Kiko as a Mod but then I tried to think a little more seriously and actually realised it wouldn't be a bad idea. The mods here are great. Really great, but Kko does have way of things and I do feel he would probably get things done faster, although with a chaotic process. So Kiko, you got my vote.

I personally don't want to be a Mod. Too much responsibility and to be honest the staff team isn't what it used to be with half of them not showing up. But I guess I could settle for Admin. Let me know when you get my Super Admin badge ready and make sure my complementary MacBook Pro is on it's way to me.

And this post belongs in Forum Information and Feedback as you all know.

Guest Ramm
I wasn't aware there there is a formal vacancy system that we have here? When Colonel became a Mod I don't remember seeing anyone leave for him to fill a gap? I always thought you offer your assistance (ideally when it seems like they need it) and they'll look into it.

Do you completely disregard you're own signature, and what goes on around here? "I don't remember seeing anyone leave for him to fill a gap." Let's recap on who left:

sHARD>>

other

Kevin_4e

To the best of my knowledge, the admins are mods, too....