Are you a virgin?

269 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Virgin?

• Yes
    • Halfway, kinda sorta, maybe, don't know
    • No

169 posts in this topic

That's probably why I'm still a virgin, too many horror stories. If I did it, then afterwards I would think "WTF?!?! Why did I just do that?" and my brain would asplode, which is conveniently why I'm waiting until I get married.

But really. Sex is an emotional binder; anyone who says otherwise is too emotionally numb to tell. Sex is also either sacred or not. If it's not, then there's really no problem with having it with as many different people as we want however and whenever we want, it's all good. If sex is sacred, then it becomes our responsibility to wait until we choose the right person.

Whether or not it's sacred is dependent on the person. Also, sacred doesnt necessarily mean the same thing for everyone. A lot of people feel that sex is sacred, which means they try to share the wealth as much as they can. It all depends on perspective. But... you should do what you want to do. There's nothing wrong with being your own person. And there's also no need to justify your desires or opinions.

I don't think waiting until you're married is a good idea.

Your honeymoon is not the time to find out that the only way your significant other gets turned on is when you squat over a glass table wearing a grass skirt.

Just my thoughts on the whole thing.

everyone is like "oh i'm waiting for the right person" -- i'm 14 and not a virgin - i personally feel its best to loose it to a friend because unless you wait to get married (and even then) whoever yo loose it with may not be with you forever. and whil some relationships last, i find friendships last longer - and whoever has your virginity has it forever.... so why not loose it to someone you will always want to have it

• 2 weeks later...
everyone is like "oh i'm waiting for the right person" -- i'm 14 and not a virgin - i personally feel its best to loose it to a friend because unless you wait to get married (and even then) whoever yo loose it with may not be with you forever. and whil some relationships last, i find friendships last longer - and whoever has your virginity has it forever.... so why not loose it to someone you will always want to have it

me too, same age and stufff....

is it just me, or was sex education in high school a fu.cking joke?

in my school sex ed is split between health and bio

of course everyone laughs at this girl christy in my class for asking {censored} questions like "Can you get AIDS from swallowing {censored}" or "is there a way to get rid of your gag reflex"

lmao

no what i mean is that at my school all they told you was a bunch of stuff to scare you into not having sex, like "when you have sex with somebody you are having sex with everyone they've ever had sex with and everybody THEY have ever had sex with" and they made us sign these abstinence cards to wait until were married....it was ridiculous, I had a much better sex education experience in community college, they taught that sex was good rather than dirty.

no what i mean is that at my school all they told you was a bunch of stuff to scare you into not having sex, like "when you have sex with somebody you are having sex with everyone they've ever had sex with and everybody THEY have ever had sex with" and they made us sign these abstinence cards to wait until were married....it was ridiculous, I had a much better sex education experience in community college, they taught that sex was good rather than dirty.

how can they make you sign abstinance cards --- thats the dumbest thing i've ever heard -- its called a condom --- btw did you go to a catholic school by chance

how can they make you sign abstinance cards --- thats the dumbest thing i've ever heard -- its called a condom --- btw did you go to a catholic school by chance

killbot, that sounds wrong. yeah i got teh same BS but i didnt have to sign abstinence cards.

They said "now everybody sign these abstinence cards so you can stay abstinent until marriage". They didn't MAKE us, but close enough, it wasnt a choice like "heres some abstinence cards if you WANT to sign them".

The scary thing, is that i went to public school, a regular public school...in Washington State (a pretty liberal state).

I have my mum to thank for everthing i know :P:shock:

I learned everything I know from my parents/internet. School was a waste of time (not community college though, that was very valuable knowledge)

They said "now everybody sign these abstinence cards so you can stay abstinent until marriage". They didn't MAKE us, but close enough, it wasnt a choice like "heres some abstinence cards if you WANT to sign them".

The scary thing, is that i went to public school, a regular public school...in Washington State (a pretty liberal state).

I learned everything I know from my parents/internet. School was a waste of time (not community college though, that was very valuable knowledge)

It kinda sucks how we can't rely on schools for sex education anymore. Britain has quite an interesting tactic, which sickens me. They are teaching them earlier and earlier - nowadays in some places, they teach 9 year olds about puberty!!

My experience was the opposite of what many describe here.. with very old-fashioned parents and liberal schooling. I was taught (at home) that the difference between boys & girls is that boys have short hair & girls have long hair, and my mother still suppressed any mention of any sex-related topic in the home until well into my 20's despite the fact that I then had girlfriends quite openly sleeping over & joining us for breakfast. It was up to a friends mother (a nurse) to introduce me to the idea that there were other physical differences.

We had sex ed. at school for the first time at age 8 or 9, I don't recall exactly, only that I entirely failed to understand the female diagram and got laughed at a lot.. Ironically I was embarrassed to copy them into my workbook for fear my parents would see them. For some unknown reason, sex ed. was repeated year after year, with varying styles and visual aids, culminating in one in high school with a grinning Teacher rocking back & forth at the front of the class with his hands in his pockets as he explained things and took questions, followed by a gruesome movie depicting a number of STD's in close-up detail. The real deal, however, was explained to me by my older sister's best friend, sitting drunk at the top of the stairs at the tag-end of some party.

I had my sexual debut (if various games of doctor etc, are discounted) at age 18, somewhat later than most of my peers, and found that the wild abandon of orgiastic hedonism I had been looking forwards to became sharply curtailed by the arrival of the fear of AIDS, which many people at the time insisted could be easily caught by the slightest sharing of bodily fluids, such as sharing a drink or light kissing.

Anyhow, to get to the point: the only thing that has put more of a damper on my sex life than that, is osx86, seriously folks, alternative operating systems may seriously damage your chances of a healthy & natural sexual development. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! :shock:

alternative operating systems may seriously damage your chances of a healthy & natural sexual development

Damn......

EDIT: i just read this from borisbadenov

I lost my virginity when I was young, with someone I love (ask Mr Hand)
by any chance are you referring to the seattle Mr. Hand. i.e: horse {censored} ? because if so, i am shocked

Anyhow, to get to the point: the only thing that has put more of a damper on my sex life than that, is osx86, seriously folks, alternative operating systems may seriously damage your chances of a healthy & natural sexual development. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! :)

Very true. Not only you stop seeing human beings, but I have gone as far as curtailing my food and sleep (especially the latter). Now I am "better" though -_-

EDIT: i just read this from borisbadenov by any chance are you referring to the seattle Mr. Hand. i.e: horse {censored} ? because if so, i am shocked

I also wonder what that means...

It kinda sucks how we can't rely on schools for sex education anymore. Britain has quite an interesting tactic, which sickens me. They are teaching them earlier and earlier - nowadays in some places, they teach 9 year olds about puberty!!

This theory of teaching very young children has been popular here since the seventies, and I don't believe it has ever been repudiated. You reply honestly to every question a child asks, without saying more than the child actually wants to know. And that regardless of age.