Alessandro17

(Very) worried for bofors

60 posts in this topic

I am aware that the name "bofors" is met with mixed feelings here, but for me he is just a very gentle person who has been a never ending source of invaluable hardware information, always willing to help with much kindness.

I haven't seen or heard him for about 17 days.

Also on March 15 I replied to a message from him (in another forum). He never read it.

I still have both his addresses, but I haven't been able to find a phone number associated with them.

I know somebody phoned his family in the past from this forum.

If anybody has a good suggestion how to get in touch, please write it here or pm me.

Thanks.

Advertisement

Hm. The only other forum I know he's active on is the Hackint0sh.org forum, and his last activity is listed as the 15th. Hope he's OK... :P

Personally, I think it might be a good thing that we haven't heard from him. It most likely means that he might finally be getting some sort of help for whatever paranoia was afflicting him. That's not to say he wasn't a huge help for many, many people in the OSx86 community...simply that he hasn't been in the best state of mind as of late. I know you and other's are concerned, but I doubt getting in contact with him/family would be best at the moment, or wanted. Everyone needs a bit of privacy now and then.

So if, and when, he returns, here's hoping that he can return with the same level of knowledge and skill as before. :P

Hm. The only other forum I know he's active on is the Hackint0sh.org forum, and his last activity is listed as the 15th. Hope he's OK... :P

He is also a very active member of OSX-X86, but he disappeared there as well.

Personally, I think it might be a good thing that we haven't heard from him. It most likely means that he might finally be getting some sort of help for whatever paranoia was afflicting him. That's not to say he wasn't a huge help for many, many people in the OSx86 community...simply that he hasn't been in the best state of mind as of late. I know you and other's are concerned, but I doubt getting in contact with him/family would be best at the moment, or wanted. Everyone needs a bit of privacy now and then.

So if, and when, he returns, here's hoping that he can return with the same level of knowledge and skill as before. :rolleyes:

Well, that is the best case scenario I am hoping for.

But from my point of view (I am a counsellor), people stay my friends even if they "are not in the best state of mind".

I agree with Mr. Bond - it could just be that he's taking some time off from OSx86, the forums, etc.

However, I too am a little concerned that we haven't heard anything from him, especially since he was so active before the sudden stop.

I do have a phone number that I've talked with him on, so if most of April passes and we still haven't heard from him (to be honest, two weeks shouldn't really make us worried... yet), I'll give him a call to check in and make sure everything is ok.

He knows that he has access to us, so chances are he just wants to take a breather. We should keep watching the situation, though.

I agree with Mr. Bond - it could just be that he's taking some time off from OSx86, the forums, etc.

However, I too am a little concerned that we haven't heard anything from him, especially since he was so active before the sudden stop.

I do have a phone number that I've talked with him on, so if most of April passes and we still haven't heard from him (to be honest, two weeks shouldn't really make us worried... yet), I'll give him a call to check in and make sure everything is ok.

He knows that he has access to us, so chances are he just wants to take a breather. We should keep watching the situation, though.

Thanks Jason. Very kind and sympathetic reply.

bofors

Replies: 3

Views: 23

PostForum: Feedback Posted: 14 Mar 2007 11:51 pm Subject: Thread titles on main page.

ok, ill take a look into the temlate files. maybe i can take that function from phpbb's subsilver and put the same code into this one...

Thanks... it is definitely worth doing.

That was his last post on my website. He was on hackint0sh one day later. I am just worried someone went after him due to his beliefs. I hope he gets found soon.

Anyone care to explain to me the situation? What do you guys mean by "Paranoia that was afflicting him" and "His beliefs"??

Some people think bofors was paranoid because he believed that the CIA was Watchign him wtc. wtc., I personally think hes fine, just taking a break. Ive done it many times before. I havent seen him on IRC in a while though (about 2 weeks). So there is some reason to worry about him. As it was just *BAM* and hes gone

i dont think its appropriate to talk about someone when he is not here to respond.

Anyway, bofors has been back for a long time 'cept hes now only on hackint0sh forums.

go talk to him on hackint0sh (hackint0sh.org)

hes there........ with semthex and others.

Well, that is the best case scenario I am hoping for.

But from my point of view (I am a counsellor), people stay my friends even if they "are not in the best state of mind".

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we should simply deny someone's friendship as soon as their life takes a turn for the worse...quite the opposite, really. I'm just saying that there are quite a few people who do care about his well being, it just might not be a good idea to keep contacting him to offer him or his family help - because in his mind, I doubt he feels as if he needs any sort of help right now. We just need to find other ways to know that we care, and have his best interests at heart.

Of course, as asap said, none of us truly know the situation....so I'll simply leave it at that. ;)

it just might not be a good idea to keep contacting him to offer him or his family help - because in his mind, I doubt he feels as if he needs any sort of help right now.

OK, but right now I am just worried by his sudden disappearance.

bofors believes in a few conspiracy theories such as 9/11.

So do I. So does a good percentage of Americans... Like Rosie Odonnell, and Charlie Sheen.

Lots more believe the conspiracy that "terrorists" hit the trade centers. Only 5 corporations reported

it at the beginning, and thats what most people believe.

lets stick to the topic here. Is there anything we can do to see if bofors is alright?

There is really only one thing we can do: get in touch with his family.

I have the addresses but no phone number.

But I believe Swad is right when he suggests waiting for a few more days.

Google search:

moon made of cheese?

1,320,000 hits

Results 1 - 10 of about 59,100,000 for "propaganda" [definition]. (0.05 seconds) (WOW)

Results 1 - 10 of about 2,270,000 for "George Orwell" [definition]. (0.06 seconds)

Results 1 - 10 of about 459,000 for "doublethink" [definition]. (0.07 seconds)

Results 1 - 10 of about 2,230,000 for "idiot america". (0.20 seconds)

lol at your idea that you can come to a conclusion pertaining to the popularity of a theory or how many people believe something just by looking at the number of search results. Here are some more for you:

Results 1 - 10 of about 55,300,000 for the sky is green. (0.09 second)

Results 1 - 10 of about 16,700,000 for the earth is flat. (0.12 seconds)

Results 1 - 10 of about 14,400,000 for france is awesome. (0.10 seconds)

You can read his posts on Hacintosh and decide for yourselves how he's doing. He posted a lot up to and including March 15th is the last one I've noticed.

I'm less concerned about the conspiracy theories and more concerned about the people he's contacting. No way of knowing if it's true or not but he talks about calling the CIA everyday and letting them know that he knows all about 9/11. He seems to think they need to be notified just in case they aren't up on all the details. He also talked about contacting the NSA to let them know what's going on. If he is doing this we shouldn't be surprised he's been gone for several weeks from the forums. I'd say the hosptial if he's lucky gitmo if he's not... wouldn't be out of the question. I hope not and it couldn't be good for him to be drawing attention to the forums by the powers that be.