Attansic L1 Driver Project

DaemonES

597 posts in this topic

If somebody can get sample board for me, I can finish it w/o money ;)

what does sample board exactly mean? Does it mean that you need a P5B-E?

Maybe i can continue writing the driver... I've a P5B-E and I've xCode... (but I've never written a kext or any other driver before)

Maybe i can continue writing the driver... I've a P5B-E and I've xCode... (but I've never written a kext or any other driver before)

Whatever, that based on this controller.

At least you can try to finish it :D

I'm really hoping you do.

Whatever, that based on this controller.

At least you can try to finish it :D

Isn't there any way you can work with someone that has one if you can't get one?

I've now read the source of the main-class...

I have no idea what you're doing there!

Maybe I'd understand it if you comment nearly every single line.

I think we'll have to search for a sample-bord...

EDIT: There's a question left... Is this a modified version of the linux-driver or is it completely new source? I had a look at the source of the linux driver too... the only thing we have to to is to find a replacement for e.g the "linux/types.h" or the "linux/pci.h" (will google for these replacement-headers)

EDIT2: http://developer.apple.com/documentation/P...vers/index.html

I'll try that

I've now read the source of the main-class...

Maybe I'd understand it if you comment nearly every single line.

I think we'll have to search for a sample-bord...

EDIT: There's a question left... Is this a modified version of the linux-driver or is it completely new source? I had a look at the source of the linux driver too... the only thing we have to to is to find a replacement for e.g the "linux/types.h" or the "linux/pci.h" (will google for these replacement-headers)

I'll try that

Any updates on this driver?

Any updates on this driver?
don't rush people.
So you are the beginner :-D
There's a question left... Is this a modified version of the linux-driver or is it completely new source?
New.
the only thing we have to to is to find a replacement for e.g the "linux/types.h" or the "linux/pci.h" (will google for these replacement-headers)

I'll try that

Forget about this.

Yeap :) ))))

vadimr privet zemliak.

Как оно на чужбине? :)

Ono sovsem ne ploho ya uzhe zdec 12 let zhivu. Vse soberayuc' na rodenu sezdit'. Chto tebya v etot OSx86 zatoshilo? Ya tut apple tv reshil hackat' a bez maca trudno...

- Vadim

Chto tebya v etot OSx86 zatoshilo?
Захотелось Mac OS X глянуть, а потом решил дописать дрова для недостающих девайсов :D)

DeamonES, жил бы ближе, может чем-нить мог бы помочь...)
Ого, нас тут много :wacko: Да живу я не близко :))

скажите пожалуйста надежда хоть какаято есть что драйвер таки удасться запустить ?

Только если кто-то добъет. Тот парниша раньше писавший, врядли это сделает. У меня нет времени, желания, и железа, причем железо врядли появится, с учетом того, что этот чип перестали куда-либо ставить.

Ïðîùå ïî-ìîåìó ïîñòàâèòü äîïîëíèòåëüíóþ êàðòî÷êó (Realtek íàïðèìåð). Îñîáåííî ó÷èòûâàÿ ÷òî ÷èï ïåðåñòàëè èñïîëüçîâàòü.

• 4 weeks later...

Does the driver work now? I want to test the driver and I have:

Asus P5L 1394

(Intel 945P+ICH7)

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.40 GHz)

4 GB of RAM (4 x 1 GB 667 MHz)

Attansic L1 Gigabit Ethernet (doesn't work)

Realtek ALC883 (Sound) (now works, cause I fixed it)

nVidia 8800GTS (PCI Express 16x), 320 MB

other hardware: i use a Trust bluetooth USB adapter (it works fine with OSx86) and a SMCWUSBT-G Wireless USB Adapter with chipset Atheros (it doesn't work)

Ïðîùå ïî-ìîåìó ïîñòàâèòü äîïîëíèòåëüíóþ êàðòî÷êó (Realtek íàïðèìåð). Îñîáåííî ó÷èòûâàÿ ÷òî ÷èï ïåðåñòàëè èñïîëüçîâàòü.

А вот не тут-то было, уфигарили его и на Asus P5K, жуть какая, ну уж из-за одного контроллера покупать материнку не очень хочется, но энтузиазм выше крыши :)))))

Then, DaemonES, please, write in English as much as possible, if you write in russian I have to go to the Google Translate and I don't want this, I'm lazy :(

So, what is the actual state of the driver? I wanna see Internet working in my OSx86... :P

What about your necessity of a motherboard? If you want a motherboard to test the driver, I can test on my P5L.

Then, DaemonES, please, write in English as much as possible, if you write in russian I have to go to the Google Translate and I don't want this, I'm lazy :wacko: So, what is the actual state of the driver? I wanna see Internet working in my OSx86... :D What about your necessity of a motherboard? If you want a motherboard to test the driver, I can test on my P5L.
He-he, well it was an answer to another question in Russian. Actual state of the driver frozen, until I've get a hardware, there two ways:- Get sample PCI-E board from Attansic. They don't have driver even for FreeBSD. I've sent a request for them, and said that I can write driver for free for OS X and FreeBSD, but nothing happens.- Buy motherboard with this chip, but I'm not so rich to buy whole motherboard only to write driver for LAN. And too bad, that nobody here in Kiev can't give me this MoBo for the some time :thumbsup_anim:
Then, DaemonES, please, write in English as much as possible, if you write in russian I have to go to the Google Translate and I don't want this, I'm lazy :( So, what is the actual state of the driver? I wanna see Internet working in my OSx86... :D What about your necessity of a motherboard? If you want a motherboard to test the driver, I can test on my P5L.
He-he, well it was an answer to another question in Russian. Actual state of the driver frozen, until I've get a hardware, there two ways:- Get sample PCI-E board from Attansic. They don't have driver even for FreeBSD. I've sent a request for them, and said that I can write driver for free for OS X and FreeBSD, but nothing happens.- Buy motherboard with this chip, but I'm not so rich to buy whole motherboard only to write driver for LAN. And too bad, that nobody here in Kiev can't give me this MoBo for the some time :D