[How To] Solutions for Keyboards, Trackpads & Mice

Rammjet

117 posts in this topic

Please help me.I have such a problem.I inatalled macOs 10.5.1.But after rebooting I see massage "Before you start", where I choose my type of keyboard-it`s Ok. But when it suggest me to transfer data from image or another Mac, I select "don`t transfer", and all begins again-it suggest me choose type of keyboard.How can I fix it?

I'm having the same problem. if anyone has help, e-mail me at discobandit98@aim.com. Thanks

Hi, I`m using Mac for the first time, and it`s quite diferent from WXP. I recentely bought an iMac and wondering if there is a Brazilian keyboard layout, instead of using a combinations of keys, like alt +e, to get the typing properly in portuguese.

Thanks,

Biga42

If you are using Mac OS 10.4.x (a.k.a Tiger) you can set your own layout with Ukelele: http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.ph...item_id=ukelele

If you are runnign Mac OS 10.5.x (a.k.a Leopard) there are less solution, but check this: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=52654 It is in spanish but it has several LatinAmerican layouts.

Thanks it all Ok now!

What? HOW DID YOU FIGURE IT OUT! This is so confusing. I still have that stuff where it won't recognize my keyboard. Dude, If you figured it out, either respond or send me an e-mail. Discobandit98@aim.com. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

i had a logitech mx 700 keyboard/mouse combo that was compatible with a pc and a mac but i recently spilled dr. pepper on my keyboard and had to buy a cheap logitech keyboard replacement...

you can attach a PS2 mouse, not to use it but populate the PS2 ports in order to make them work.

you can use a USB to PS2 adapter for the keyboard.

you can try other "hacked" PS2 kexts.

Could you please give me some links to other "hacked" PS2 kexts? On PM\mail or here in the thread?

PS: if i add a PS2 mouse, it still doesn't work. Only my USB mouse works. I have tried that ;)

Could it be that my motherboard just doesn't support PS2 keyboards & mice in Leopard? Do some motherboards do that?

Or have all motherboards eventually worked with some hacked PS2 drivers?

Is there noone who had this problem? And preferably fixed it?

anyone can say anyting about using USB Keyboard with PS2 mouse? I have to keep the (old) PS2 K/b plugged in or the mouse is not recognised. Bit fed up with having 2nd k/b under desk doing nothing; i'd rather hide it away in some dark storage cupboard, what do you think?

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how to make extra keys on Logitech S510 work? S510 and S530 are same except that logitech made S530 for mac and charged a lot. Installing the LCC driver for S530 does not pick up S510. I am wonder if someone know if the LCC can be tinkered with by modifying any kext or info.plist file or anythings. The usual keys work okay. But many of the function keys and zoom, rotate, home, etc cannot be used.

Hi, im having an anoying problem: my keyboard stops working but only in finder. And finder does not freeze or anything cuz i can manage files etc with the mouse. Its happening maybe once everyday and it goes away if i restart finder. does anyone know how to fix this?

btw found this thread http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=7186459

and it looks like this is a problem not only on the hackintosh mobos but also on apple macs...

(messed up the previous post... sorry about that)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've looked all over the forum for help on my acer's trackpad problem, it seems pretty unique. I have tried to install a variety of Leopards like atikos, leo4all, kalyway...i succesfully installed leo4all, but ran into the looping problem. I booted up from the dvd and erased the drive in the disk utility to start again from scratch and maybe even install the jas 10.4 tiger and to an update to leopard....but after the erase my trackpad stopped working. I mean EVERYWHERE, i even tried a vista recovery cd and no trackpad....just keyboard.....is it a bios thing? what should I be looking at to figure out the problem...?

any help would be greatly appreciated

Have an annoying issue that has just come up. I was running Kalyway 10.5.2 using a Logitech MX5000 Wireless keyboard and mouse. The keyboard has some extra buttons which, not all worked, but at least the volume control and play/pause worked. After running the Kaly 10.5.3. combo update I'm no longer able to use these buttons..prior to the update I did backup my Extensions folder and did a recovery of it after the upgrade...any ideas???

• 4 weeks later...

First off I just wanted to say how awsome this forum is.

Anyway on to my issue I am a complete noob with this so bare with me

I am attempting to install OSX leopard on my pc and get to the part of the install that asks what language I want but my mouse and keyboard will not work.

I have read many of the posts in here but correct me if I am wrong but most of them seem to be issues after install.

my issue is during, will the steps here work during install as well....

• 1 month later...

Hy

hawe someone idea how to enable back and forward buton on Logitech G9 i download and install logitech control center for mac and they dont recognize G9 mouse. Is there any solution ?

Chers, brdi

HELP!!!!!

in the retail 10.5.4 using boot 132 the F key on my keyboard (microsoFt ergonomic 4000 usb) wont work in lower case - i have to press shiFt to type F or it gives me a ding sound....

plese help its really weird and i dont understand

note: the Flashlight in hl2 through crossover works though....(using F)

Hi, I am a complete newbie at the whole thing so please forgive me if I say sth silly. I downloaded the JaS 10.5.4 Client/Server release, Created a partition with diskpart and set it active, booted in the installer, made the proper (at least I think so) choices in the customization menu, and installed Leopard. I have a PS/2 keyboard and usb mouse but the mouse is connected to the PS/2 port via an adaptor. During the install of Leopard, both the keyboard and the mouse were working perfectly. When the install completed and asked for a reboot, after showing the intro video, It popped a message "Before you begin..." informing me that i have to connect a keyboard. Neither the mouse works. I read some topics here and tried to follow that. I booted from the DVD again and in the Installer I ran the terminal, but i don't have an Extensions directory in my Library directory. Only an Extensions.kext file. In other topic it says sth about deleting this file with rm, but when i try to do that, it says "read only file" and when i use the prefix sudo, for super user, it says "sudo: command not recognised". Can you please tell me what should I do? Thanks a lot and sorry for the trouble.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same issue on my hp dv6775 laptop but with the keyboard. After the Leopard intro movie it prompts you to connect your keyboard and won't let you go further. The keyboard works fine during the install, however. So I am unsure what I am leaving unchecked driver-wise that would cause it not to detect.