[Release] macOS Sonoma 14.4

103 posts in this topic

Hello my dear @deeveedee, 40 seconds is a lot, you need to review your kexts and settings.

The maximum should be 20, and in my hacks here, the slowest is the Lenovo E470 (2017) Kaby Lake with 16 seconds, but because it loads a lot of SSDTS to fix the keyboard, the DeviceProperties of the HDMI 4k and other cosmetic frills. 

My job with Hackintosh start really when im fix the boot time. 

😉

Spoiler

This Desktop Raptor Lake with Clover r5157 Aorus Elite AX Z790 

9 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

Hello my dear @deeveedee, 40 seconds is a lot, you need to review your kexts and settings.

Right after I buy a microwave oven (still don't trust those things).  I enjoy waiting for my water to boil on the stove.

• Haha 2

Try compile Clover on your machine and you will see the difference. With OC is the same, compile it and compile your kexts too, after that you see a lot of diferences 

I wait my water to boil on my stove too 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

Try compile Clover on your machine and you will see the difference. With OC is the same, compile it and compile your kexts too, after that you see a lot of diferences 

I wait my water to boil on my stove too 

Joking aside, it wouldn't be worth it (for me) to make further refinements to my Dell Latitude E6410.  It's a 2010 laptop with a first generation Intel i7 CPU, SATA2 SSD and USB2.  The actual Sonoma boot time is 35 seconds, but what's a few seconds between friends? ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Max.1974 said:

The maximum should be 20, and in my hacks here, the slowest is the Lenovo E470 (2017) Kaby Lake with 16 seconds, but because it loads a lot of SSDTS to fix the keyboard, the DeviceProperties of the HDMI 4k and other cosmetic frills. 

My job with Hackintosh start really when im fix the boot time. 

😉

Hide contents

This Desktop Raptor Lake with Clover r5157 Aorus Elite AX Z790 

:thumbsup_anim:

It takes 20 seconds from when you press the power button until you get to the Clover GUI. (that's more or less the time it takes me)
I remember that in previous versions of Clover like 5137 it reached the GUI in just a few seconds, maybe 5/7
Maybe there is still a lot of Debugging in Clover ?? 

Maybe Slice can enlighten us 🤔

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Antonuccio said:

:thumbsup_anim:

It takes 20 seconds from when you press the power button until you get to the Clover GUI. 

I thought we were talking about boot from Open Core (or CLOVER) to the Sonoma login? No?  20 seconds just to get to the CLOVER GUI does sound like a long time.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

@deeveedee You're right I was referring to the video posted by Max that actually uses Clover

As you say, it actually takes 20 seconds to get to the GUI

I'm comparing the boot times of versions 5137 and 5157... the differences are notable
🫣 Closing we are already OT sorry

Edited by Antonuccio
  • Like 1

Hello guys. I have no idea how, but  AirDrop send from Desktop to iPhone is working with Intel Wireless WI-FI 6 (AX 211) on 14.4 Sonoma, my Bluetooth USB is Broadcom BRCM 20702B0

Lenovo can sendo to Desktop and vice-versa, and to iPhone too just once time!! 

:guitarra:

Spoiler

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

Hello guys. I have no idea how, but  AirDrop send from Desktop to iPhone is working with Intel Wireless WI-FI 6 (AX 211) on 14.4 Sonoma, my Bluetooth USB is Broadcom BRCM 20702B0

Lenovo can sendo to Desktop and vice-versa, and to iPhone too just once time!! 

:guitarra:

Reveal hidden contents

Also work here on my EliteBook 840 G4 Intel Wifi combo bluetooth

• Like 1

8 hours ago, verleihnix said:

For some user Apple Watch unlock stoped working with 14.4.

There is a new nightly build (1.4.2) of OCLP which fixes that and auto join to wifi.

OCLP 1.4.2 Nightly tested now. Unfortunately it does not solve the problem and the situation remains the same: Wifi automatically connects to the associated network in the event of a cold start and reboot of the OS while it does not reconnect to the associated network when Sonoma comes out of sleep and when you deliberately deactivate the wifi from the taskbar and then you reactivate it.

Edited by Extreme™

8 hours ago, verleihnix said:

For some user Apple Watch unlock stoped working with 14.4.

There is a new nightly build (1.4.2) of OCLP which fixes that and auto join to wifi.

I'm seeing exactly the same two issues with rMBP10,1 (with Apple Watch & auto-join to WiFi).

I'm using a BCM94360CS wifi/BT module so the issue is not just related to Intel WiFi module

But a bigger problem is Safari occasionally just crashes...safari window simply disappears !

Also, sometimes, right-clicking a word on a web page crashes safari in the same way. Only solution is reboot:

-------------------------------------
Translated Report (Full Report Below)
-------------------------------------

Process:               Safari [465]
Path:                  /Volumes/VOLUME/*/Safari.app/Contents/MacOS/Safari
Identifier:            com.apple.Safari
Version:               17.4 (19618.1.15.11.12)
Build Info:            Safari-7618001015011012~1
Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        launchd [1]
User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2024-03-11 12:29:22.8479 +0000
OS Version:            macOS 14.4 (23E214)
Report Version:        12
Anonymous UUID:        A77D69CB-0035-0789-1CAA-FCDD63AC4665

Sleep/Wake UUID:       9958D764-BDC2-4E1B-AB9C-7B0EADD57777

Time Awake Since Boot: 5900 seconds
Time Since Wake:       4029 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Notes:
Extracting libpas PGM metadata failed.

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes:        FS pagein error: 94 Bad message
Exception Codes:       0x000000000000000a, 0x00007ff920534370

Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 10 Bus error: 10
Terminating Process:   exc handler [465]

VM Region Info: 0x7ff920534370 is in 0x7ff920517000-0x7ff92053c000;  bytes after start: 119664  bytes before end: 31887
      REGION TYPE                    START - END         [ VSIZE] PRT/MAX SHRMOD  REGION DETAIL
      __TEXT                   7ff9204a6000-7ff920517000 [  452K] r-x/r-x SM=COW  /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AccessibilitySharedSupport.framework/Versions/A/AccessibilitySharedSupport
--->  __TEXT                   7ff920517000-7ff92053c000 [  148K] r-x/r-x SM=COW  /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SidecarCore.framework/Versions/A/SidecarCore
      __TEXT                   7ff92053c000-7ff920540000 [   16K] r-x/r-x SM=COW  /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/QuickLookNonBaseSystem.framework/Versions/A/QuickLookNonBaseSystem

Error Formulating Crash Report:
Extracting libpas PGM metadata failed.

Kernel Triage:
APFS - (arg = 0x80000) Encountered a compressed data hash mismatch
VM - (arg = 0x0) Page has restart bit set
APFS - (arg = 0x80000) Encountered a compressed data hash mismatch
APFS - (arg = 0x200010) Pagein of compressed inode failed
VM - (arg = 0x0) Filesystem pagein returned an error in vnode_pagein

Edited by MacNB

12 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

@Extreme™ 

As mentioned in the release notes of OpenCore Patcher 1.4.0 and 1.4.1 maybe if you forget the network and rejoin to the WiFi it might solve the issue.

Yes, I have performed this step more than once: but the wifi automatically connects to the associated network only in the event of startup or restart but not in the other cases mentioned in my previous post.

25 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

@Extreme™ 

As mentioned in the release notes of OpenCore Patcher 1.4.0 and 1.4.1 maybe if you forget the network and rejoin to the WiFi it might solve the issue.

That fixed the issue. Now it auto reconnects after waking from sleep and after switching WiFi OFF and then ON.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, MacNB said:

But a bigger problem is Safari occasionally just crashes...safari window simply disappears !

Also, sometimes, right-clicking a word on a web page crashes safari in the same way. Only solution is reboot:

I'm not sure, so try this but no guarantees.  Use RestrictEvents.kext FeatureUnlock.kext with boot-arg -disable_sidecar_mac.

Correction: FeatureUnlock.kext, not RestrictEvents.kext

Edited by deeveedee

15 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

I'm not sure, so try this but no guarantees.  Use RestrictEvents.kext FeatureUnlock.kext with boot-arg -disable_sidecar_mac.

Correction: FeatureUnlock.kext, not RestrictEvents.kext

Thanks. Will try that if I see it again.

As for now, forgetting the WiFi AP and reconnecting to it afresh seems to have solved the safari crash issue.

BTW, Camera continuity with iPhone camera now works.

In Sonoma, start FaceTime and from the menu bar select your iPhone's camera and it will now show properly in FaceTime's video screen.

Before the update it was a black screen after selecting the iPhone.

Resolved. The problem is my wifi extender. As soon as I turned it off and left only the router's wifi signal running, the reconnection works again.

• Like 1