[Release] macOS Sonoma 14.4

103 posts in this topic

Hi guys , sorry for the off topic, but yesterday I put the icon of my monitor in menu I don't know how, but today I want to remove ir and don't know how to do it.

Fill free to move my post to a more suitable topic and sorry one more time.

Thanks

Captura de ecrã 2024-03-15, às 12.48.08.png

A bit of useless trivia that fascinates me (I'm easily fascinated)... Even though I don't use OCLP for any production use, playing with it is still fun for me.  Against all advice and reason, I upgraded (via OTA) my Dell Latitude E6410 (SMBIOS MBP6,2, non-metal Nvidia Tesla graphics) from Sonoma 14.3 to 14.4 (I did this in a test volume that I was prepared to delete).  The upgrade and subsequent post-install patches (with OCLP 1.4.2) resulted in all of the problems reported here.  I reverted OCLP post-install patches (using OCLP 1.4.2) and lost Wi-Fi (as expected), but I'm surprised that my Nvidia graphics still work so well.  Youtube videos play perfectly in Safari.  I confirmed that GeForce patches are gone from /System/Library/Extensions.

I'm typing this in Safari 17.4 on my HackBookPro6,2 running Sonoma 14.4 (Ethernet connection).  If I didn't know better, I'd think my hack still had the Nvidia graphics patches.

Ok, that's enough of my excursion into useless but interesting trivia.  Carry on.

About This Hack: Sonoma 14.4

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-03-15at12_58_09PM.png.f6e2fe6db227f8c058f24e2b51d5f91d.png

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 3

ok - correction... if you start posting the announcement now, you might just be able to beat Antonuccio. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just As Well, I'm Steering Away From Sonoma AS I CAN'T Install, It. Its Monterey For Me

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, deeveedee said:

if you start posting the announcement now, you might just be able to beat Antonuccio. 😂

You'll have to get up earlier than that to beat my Bro Antonuccio. :hysterical:

He gets all the inside Scoops.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, STLVNUB said:

I'm Steering Away From Sonoma AS I CAN'T Install

I am surprise at this part of your post.

Have you seen this example in GitHub - https://github.com/hackintosh-club/MSI-MAG-B560M-MORTAR-OpenCore -?

I wager a bet with a few tweaks and making sure OC files and kexts within the example EFI Folder posted are updated to the latest versions, you would be up and running in no time.

Edited by eSaF

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

I am surprise at this part of your post.

Have you seen this example in GitHub - https://github.com/hackintosh-club/MSI-MAG-B560M-MORTAR-OpenCore -?

I wager a bet with a few tweaks and making sure OC files and kexts within the example EFI Folder posted are updated to the latest versions, you would be up and running in no time.

I've Installed Using Clover Before But This 14.4 Is A Different Kettle Of Fish,

I Can't Even Run The Installer I Have On USB

Edit1: The EFI File In The Link Results In reboot, Bangs Head Against Wall

Edited by STLVNUB
  • Sad 1

As A Side Note It Installs Fine On My Early 2013 Retina 15Inch MacBook Pro

Oh Well At Least It Runs Somewhere

• Like 1

2 hours ago, STLVNUB said:

I Can't Even Run The Installer I Have On USB

That is so crazy you're in that predicament.

I know it is widely said/thought that MSI Boards (some???) are not ideally suited for Hackintosh.

Gigabyte and ASUS are usually at the forefront but after years of using Gigabyte, I thought to give MSI a chance and bought a Z490 Mag.

I must say I am pleasantly surprise with it's performance, it exceeded all my expectations and more!

IMHO far better than the Z590 Gigabyte Pro I replaced it with.

The one thing I learned, the MSI BIOS has to be absolutely spot on to get a successful Hackintosh install leading up to booting.

I am frustrated reading your failure to success on this Board hence the reason I went hunting around the GitHub Club for installs on this Board.

One would think if Monterey is running OK then why Sonoma is such a pig on the same??!!

I don't know if I am clutching at straws here, but there is a new BIOS version for my MSI Z490 and I thought why not but for some reason even with meticulous setup, macOS proved unworkable with the new BIOS update and only good for Windows.

I had to revert to the prior BIOS version to get back to a working Hack.

There has to be a plausible explanation why your MSI is with Sonoma is proving so elusive.

Why should you miss the Sonoma (Joy) ride just to forever limp along with Monterey (written in jest), here's to hoping one day you'll figure it out and join the rest of us enjoying the Ups and Downs of Sonoma. :)

1 hour ago, STLVNUB said:

Ah The Clowns Are At It Again

Yes, ever so often they come over the wall. :hysterical:

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, STLVNUB said:

Just As Well, I'm Steering Away From Sonoma AS I CAN'T Install, It. Its Monterey For Me

Have you posted your EFI with requests for help?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, STLVNUB said:

My Clover EFI

Loads Monterey/Ventura OK

Loded Sonoma pre 14.4 ok

Hates 14.4

The last time I looked at a CLOVER EFI was r5122, so I am terribly out of practice.  It's not that I don't like CLOVER, I just haven't used it.   Hopefully someone using CLOVER to boot 14.4 can help.

• Like 1

Just now, deeveedee said:

The last time I looked at a CLOVER EFI was r5122, so I am terribly out of practice.  It's not that I don't like CLOVER, I just haven't used it.   Hopefully someone using CLOVER to boot 14.4 can help.

Ahaa!!! some else not just me, I thought I was the only one. I left Clover in the early days of OpenCore and have forgotten all I learnt about Clover in the process.

I keep having the notion to familiarize my self again with Clover but either too lazy or afraid messing up my setup.

One day I will take the plunge and make an EFI with Clover and see.

2 minutes ago, STLVNUB said:

Can I Have Your OC EFI Please

My work is publicly available for everyone here.  Since your SMBIOS model is MM8,1, maybe you need to tinker with SecureBootModel as I have here?  Does CLOVER employ a SecureBootModel analogy?

• Like 1

Just now, eSaF said:

What about the one and others I pointed you to on GitHub?

Doesn't Work, Reboots

• Sad 1

Just now, STLVNUB said:

Doesn't Work, Reboots

Ok, sorry to hear but keep at it Bro you'll get there.

I bet it's something simple.

• Like 1