[Release] macOS Sonoma 14.4

103 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, Antonuccio said:

Thanks. :)

7 minutes ago, Antonuccio said:

Thanks. :)

• Like 4

Hi all my friends, a little question, im get update yesterday, and im not know that was the definitive version, and im not need change my beta AirportItlwm.kext intel, is all right ? Is this ? Hehehe!! That Kext works nice!! 

Thanks a lot!!

:D

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 3

For users having issues to update from 14.3.1 to 14.4: create a USB installer with OCLP and install 14.4 on a new Volume. For some reason updating via System Update results in the Installer crashing early so the update never gets applied and a corrupted installer patition will be left behind on the system. I had this issue on my Lenovo T490 as well as my Gigabyte Z490 Desktop. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@cankiulascmnfye My HackMini8,1 (OC 0.9.8, no OCLP, SIP fully enabled) also needed a full Sonoma 14.4 installer to upgrade from 14.3.1 to 14.4.

EDIT: I claimed to have upgraded from 14.3.1 to 14.4.  I had performed my Sonoma upgrade "unattended" and I just noticed that I'm still on 14.3.1 (the upgrade did not happen).  I will need to test the 14.3.1 -> 14.4 upgrade again when I get time.

EDIT2: In order to install 14.4, I needed to change Open Core's SecureBootModel from 'Default' to 'Disabled.'

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 4

I just tried 14.3.1 -> 14.4 and now get boot loop. No KP that I can see. I am using Clover 5157 on my test box.

Downloading full 14.4 full installer now. I’ll create a USB installer and try again. I’ll post back later.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, clarktim said:

I just tried 14.3.1 -> 14.4 and now get boot loop. No KP that I can see. I am using Clover 5157 on my test box.

Downloading full 14.4 full installer now. I’ll create a USB installer and try again. I’ll post back later.

I have the same problem . I don’t see any panic, and a constant reboot.

• Like 1

Before you upgrade to 14.4...

I would recommend performing your 14.4 test with a new APFS volume (leave your working Sonoma 14.3.1 untouched and migrate to the 14.4).

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

I have had no luck, reboot without kernel panic, particularly shut down all disks before rebooting...

EDIT... use SecureBootModel = Disabled

image.png.7b7014e34e5726e986855cd95f8a057d.png

Edited by Derty
  • Like 2

I do not use OCLP nor do I use any itlwm/Open Wireless kexts on my HackMini8,1.  Initially, I was not able to upgrade from 14.3.1 to 14.4.  The solution for me was to change Open Core's SecureBootModel from 'Default' to 'Disabled.'  Those using OCLP probably already have it Disabled.

• Like 1

@cankiulascmnfye I should have combined these two posts into one: this and this.  Installing 14.4. in a new APFS volume (with SecureBootModel = Disabled) and migrating from the 14.3.1 volume worked perfectly for me.

About This Hack: Sonoma 14.4, HackMini8,1, OC 0.9.8

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-03-08at5_47_55PM.png.5d6fa6b17a635ce9efb320495015d799.png

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 3

Made USB But Installer Kernel Panics, AnyBody Else Have Same Problem

• Like 1

On 3/8/2024 at 8:23 AM, ichelash said:

Is this the skylake rig?

Yes, it is. I found no problem with 14.4.

• Like 4

*** Leaving this post for historical reasons, but so far, SecureBootModel="Disabled" is required for installation of Sonoma 14.4 on my hack with SMBIOS = MacMini8,1. ***

I haven't paid attention to Open Core's SecureBootModel (documented here), but it appears that I may be setting it incorrectly with a value of "Default."  I haven't tested further, but for my hack with SMBIOS MacMini8,1, it appears that I should be using SecureBootModel = "j174" instead (and maybe I've just been lucky up until and including Sonoma 14.3.1 with "Default")?  Not sure.

EDIT: I'm currently testing a Sonoma 14.4. installation/upgrade for my hack with the SecureBootModel for SMBIOS MacMini8,1 from here.  For those who installed 14.4 without issues, is it possible that you are using an SMBIOS that does not have T2, you are already using SecureBootModel = "Disabled" (e.g., you are using OCLP) or you already have set SecureBootModel as per this document?

EDIT2: I tested installation of Sonoma 14.4 on my hack (MacMini8,1) with SecureBootModel = "j174."  It does not work.  The only way I have found to install 14.4 on my hack is with SecureBootModel = "Disabled".  After installation of 14.4, I can restore the original value of SecureBootModel for normal operation.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 4

All fine here with Clover r5157, run smooth and fast with New Sonoma 14.4 and now with new commits from Airportintel kext is working sleep and wake, with some patches 

God bless you all guys!!  Is so fast than never, only 6 seconds boot that GUI to Desktop!!!

I recommend use fresh install, to me I feel its more faster than update OTA beta to new 14.4 

Captura de Tela 2024-03-09 às 10.18.51.png

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 6

24 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

God bless you all guys!!  Is so fast than never, only 6 seconds boot that GUI to Desktop!!!

Your hack is just a little faster than my Dell Latitude E6410 (Arrandale CPU) which boots to desktop in about 40 seconds. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3