ATI mouse tearing - a new and better solution

L_X

81 posts in this topic

Hello, I need help. How do I install this app? i don't know what to do with the archive. It doesn't have an installer or instruction. PLease help

Just double click the installer. It's the box with the mouse in it.

You can then access the program via preferences panel.

hecker

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does this clear up the issue where the mouse suddently barely wants to move at all?

I installd 10.4.8, all was fine and dandy - no issues with the mouse at all (Logitech Click Optical). I shutdown my laptop (Dell D600 1.4ghz, 1GB ram) for the night, and then in the morning, my house barely wanted to move at all. Took a couple moves to actually move it to the upper left corner to activate the menu.

If someone could confirm this will fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Works some not 100% on my machine. When scrolling on webpages it still has tearing. I dont know how to setup smooth scrolling, i went where everybody says and theres no option for it. Running JaS 10.4.8 AMD sse2 patch.

Also i would like to know if anybody has found the main cause of this problem. Seems to be a problem with all the OSX86 users. You would think someone would fix this problem since its the most common.

~FurmanSK~

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I downloaded the file and unzipped it, then i get the following error

"There is no default application specified to open the document "AntiTearMightyMouse"

What program do i use?

Grtz and thx

• 3 weeks later...
I downloaded the file and unzipped it, then i get the following error

"There is no default application specified to open the document "AntiTearMightyMouse"

What program do i use?

Grtz and thx

XanthraX helped me out with this:

Download and register Mighty Mouse from http://www.unsanity.com/haxies/mightymouse

Use that file (Mighty Mouse Antitear) to chose your real Mac cursors. Enjoy!

Thx again and grtz

• 2 weeks later...

dude this is frickin' AMAZING!!! no mo' artifacts!!!! no mo' tearing!!! X3 wheee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg YAY!!!

whoa... it like, turned itself off..... bummer... it says im registered but it still turns off after awhile... what gives?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does this really doesn't work under Leo? Oh my God, such a disapointment. Btw, PLEASE anyone help!!

I have Radeon X1600 PCIe card (in a laptop with the ASMobile S96Jm chasis), which is recongnized, the memory size is correctly recognized = 256 MB, QE / CI is WORKING, but I'm stuck on 1024x768. I have a 15.4" LCD panel with 1280x800 native resolution. And those freakin' artifacts!!

PLEASE ANY HELP WOULD BE REALLY HIGH APPRECIATED ! ! !

• 1 month later...