x1650 agp and pcie

modbin

167 posts in this topic

Worked with my Radeon x1650 512mb PCIE but weird thing i CANT preview my screensavers..why <_<

Dude, I have a plate equal to yours, you could help me how to install?

my English is poor.

My email is omega-j@hotmail.com

So I've installed 10.5.2, updated to 10.5.3 then to .4, I kept kernel 9.2.0 and didn't opt to 9.3.0

Downloaded Modbin's 9.2.0 kernel, installed and rebooted. Downloaded your kext's and installed them. I can't change my resolution and can't even open system profiler.

On a previous install of iAtkos 10.5.1 I was able to find that my device ID is 07c1.

Any advice? Tried several install methods and have read through the majority of this thread.

Fully working ATi Radeon X1650 PCIe (0x71C7) for Leopard 10.5.2, confirmed.

Thanks again, I'm sure lots of people will ask you for it

Koslowski, when you said that did you mean with working dual output and at maximum resolution? I need both and will buy a new card if I can't get both with my x1650. Any card recommendations? (I will be checking the HCL also.)

Koslowski, when you said that did you mean with working dual output and at maximum resolution? I need both and will buy a new card if I can't get both with my x1650. Any card recommendations? (I will be checking the HCL also.)

Nope, i'm sorry, you are right. I just mean one output, and I always specify my resolution through SwitchResX (so yeah i guess you can have any resolution).

My recommendation would be the ATi HD series (2400 or 2600) would do fine, I think they have the easiest installation methods (read more about them).

Afflicted for my bad English!.

With my X1650pro 512 pcie

With update 10.5.3 + 10.5.3/4 - 9.3.0/9.4.0 = OK. :D

With update 10.5.4 + 10.5.3/4 - 9.3.0/9.4.0 = NO. :(

Why? and what do I have to make, PLEASE?

Thank you very much…

J1944 :angel:

• 2 weeks later...
With my X1650pro 512 pcie

With update 10.5.3 + 10.5.3/4 - 9.3.0/9.4.0 = OK. :D

With update 10.5.4 + 10.5.3/4 - 9.3.0/9.4.0 = NO. :unsure:

Hhmmm, I would personally just stick with the working setup.

Can you message me how to make the PCI-E version work?

I haven't been on since I last tried (and failed) to make my video card work.

The help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

10.5.4 Jas with a x1600 512mb agp 71c2. It worked great on Leo4all v2 10.5.2 with AGPGart.kext/ATIinject.kext

and moded ATINDRV.kext/ATIRadeonX1000.kext/ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin & IONDRVSupport.kext. The Jas x1600agp.pkg crash the OS after about 2 sec of the finder loading. My Card bios is the 5v530 Raito test bios SSiD 030b. Anyone with the same problem?

P4 intel 4ghz

P4i65G agp

I've got an ATI x1650 SE PCIe (0x7181).

I added the manufacturer/device info (0x71811002) but only a persistent blue screen appeared after rebooting, with no mouse cursor. I had to reverse, moving the kext to .bak at Darwin's.

Is my graphics card QE+CI compatible with a properly configured kext?

Can I do anything other than buying a new card?

Any help will be very appreciated :thumbsup_anim:

Ricardo

Edit:

more info -> Hackintosh OS X 10.5.2 (kalyway) updated to 10.5.3 (Kalywway's combo) and then to 10.5.4 (via Apple's software update). Vanilla kernel. System profiler's data indicate CI compatibility via software, and QE incompatibility. OSX tools permit QuartzGL enabling, but it's not enough for DVD playing.

Hello again,

I recently updated to 10.5.3, along with kernel 9.3.0, and now my X1650 does not have QE/CI enabled. If anyone has it working with my same configuration (and Device ID 71c7), please let me know.

Hi, runing 10.5.3 vs ATI Radeon X1650 PRO 512MB GDDR2 Dual DVI (but using CRT monitor with VGA convertor) upgraded from iATKOS 10.5.1 with kalyway comboupgrades 10.5.2 + kernel 9.2.0vanilla after kalyway comboupgrades 10.5.3 + kernel 9.3.0 vanilla.

10.5.1 to 10.5.2 -

need to use previos AppleSMBIOS.kext (to get correct info displayed in system profiler) + AppleACPIPS2Nub_b5 (to get my ps2 mouse & keyboard working)

10.5.2 to 10.5.3 -

need just update graphic drivers - I followed instalation instruction of Modbis's 10.5.3 package

- Install without ATIinject.kext

- remove old ATIinject.kext

- In ATIRadeonX1000.kext/Content/info.plist

replace 71C6 ID with my device ID ( 71C7 )

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x71C61002 0x71871002 0x72101002 .......

^^^^^^^

0x71C71002

- used Extension-Repair to repare permitions

- Reboot

Now i have this in my System Profiler

Display:

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x71c7

Revision ID: 0x009e

Displays:

HP P4815:

Resolution: 1600 x 1200 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Great job guys smile.gif Special thanks to Modbin for his pkg, Bronya, Chico_stang, Kozlowski

All aps looks working. just did it now. Need more time to test.

But first of all I go for 10.5.4 update. Let you know guys. see ya

pp-blank-thumb.pngrating_0_mini.gifgender_mystery.pngView Member Profile friend_add_small.pngAdd as Friend send_pm_small.pngSend Message find_posts.pngFind Member's Topics find_posts.pngFind Member's Posts ipsmenu.register( "post-member-803211", '', 'popmenubutton-new', 'popmenubutton-new-out' );

So just update thru mac update and everithing looks ok. just had strange white screen after few minutes I boot to 10.5.4, so hed to restart. dont know what it was. but system profiler shows same thing as before in 10.5.3

I keep on testing.

I added the manufacturer/device info (0x71811002) but only a persistent blue screen appeared after rebooting, with no mouse cursor. I had to reverse, moving the kext to .bak at Darwin's.

Any help will be very appreciated :(

Ricardo

Edit:

more info -> Hackintosh OS X 10.5.2 (kalyway) updated to 10.5.3 (Kalywway's combo) and then to 10.5.4 (via Apple's software update). Vanilla kernel. System profiler's data indicate CI compatibility via software, and QE incompatibility. OSX tools permit QuartzGL enabling, but it's not enough for DVD playing.

Bump

Does anybody notice problem when waking up? It seems to work for me, it go to sleep nicely, but when i wake up system, display stay off. You can see hard drive working, funs start spinning, but display off. Restart working for me as well as shutdown. I have look around, but didn't find any solution. I event can't put display to sleep. Mouse cursor hide it self, but monitor stay on. Anybody any solution?

Any help will be very appreciated :D

Ricardo

Edit:

2nd (and last) bump.

• 2 weeks later...

For / tested Mac OS X 10.5.5 (Build 9F29) !!!! only for Device ID 0x71c6

Tested with MSI RX1650 Pro 256MB DDR2 PCIe !

No Installer version!! Manual installed the .kext!

Based on modbin´s 10.5.3/4 - 9.3.0/9.4.0 Driver!

SRY for my English!^^

Für und getestet auf Mac OS X 10.5.5 (Build 9F29) !!! Ich hab mal nur die Device ID 0x71c6 eingebaut!

(vieleicht geht ja der treiber final version von 10.5.5)

Ich hab das ganze mit meiner MSI RX1650 Pro 256MB DDR2 PCIe getestet!

Die ganzen .kext datein müsst ihr mit OSX86Tools installieren da ich nicht wies wie man ein installer für OSX macht ! ^^

Das ganze basiert natürlich auf der version von modbin´s 10.5.3/4 - 9.3.0/9.4.0 treiber!

(musst ja irgend wo schauen was man verändern muss!)

Die Rechtschreibfehler dürft ihr behalten! ^^

Bild1.png

I'm new at this and am wondering how do I go about editing the info.plist?

Double click on it and open with Text Edit.

Is there a way to roll back my changes or do I have to re-install?

Well, if you have MacDrive on Windows, you can browse through your OS X hard disk and delete all the ATI kexts you installed. Or, you can try booting in safe mode (-x at boot prompt), or force reloading of kexts (-f at boot prompt). Also you can restore using TimeMachine (if you have it activated).

Thanks for the quick response chico_stang but...

booting into safe mode (-x) doesn't seem to do anything for me. It just boots the same. So after my last re-install I tried text editing the ati file as described in another post and that caused a "Chain boot error". I had turned on Time Machine just incase of something like this but I can't seem to get to the backed up info. Even tried restoring from timemachine file from disk utility with no results. After another erase and install I still go the same error. So no trying a zero out erase and install I'm hopeing it will work again. Everything worked the first time except the resolution being so low. Not sure its worth giving it another try unless someone could tell me something that should work for getting a ATI x1650 card to work on a 10.5.4 install. All I care about is getting a higher resolution.