x1650 agp and pcie

modbin

167 posts in this topic

Thanks for the quick response chico_stang but...

booting into safe mode (-x) doesn't seem to do anything for me. It just boots the same. So after my last re-install I tried text editing the ati file as described in another post and that caused a "Chain boot error". I had turned on Time Machine just incase of something like this but I can't seem to get to the backed up info. Even tried restoring from timemachine file from disk utility with no results. After another erase and install I still go the same error. So no trying a zero out erase and install I'm hopeing it will work again. Everything worked the first time except the resolution being so low. Not sure its worth giving it another try unless someone could tell me something that should work for getting a ATI x1650 card to work on a 10.5.4 install. All I care about is getting a higher resolution.

For 10.5.4 you can use Modbin's 10.5.3 kext (and it works).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Distrib: Ideneb 10.5.5

Videocard: Gigabyte x1650 (GV-RX165256D-RH) 256 Мб PCI-e VEN_1002 DEV_71C7 SUBSYS_21601458 REV_9E

Kexts were tryed:

MacLovin_ATi__71c7__Installer_OSX86_10.5.zip

Modbins_X1650_71c7_Working_Fix!.zip

DarkUser89_10.5.5_9f33.zip

Result:

Core Image: Software

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

or Kernel Panic Restart

please anybody help!

Hi there!

I installed the modbin's package for OS 10.5.2...

Everything seems to be OK (QE, Rotation, etc.), but except one thing: I have two monitors and they're showing the same image (like "mirrors").

In SYSTEM PREFERENCES >> DISPLAYS, the option "Arrangement" isn't there... I try clicking on "Detect Displays", but nothing happens.

How can I fix this (if there's any fix...)???

My config: ASUS P5W DH DELUXE, CORE2DUO 2.4, ATI RADEON X1650 PRO 256mb (PCIe) devide id 0x71c6

Thanks and sorry for the bad english!

• 4 weeks later...
i've downloaded your kexts for Ati x1650 71c6 but unfortunatelly they do not work for me ...

do you use natit or atiinject with them ? or nothing at all ?

thanks

I managed to solve my QE/CI problem on my Sapphire ATI X1650 256MB (71c6) this way :

- Installed Kalyway from scratch and checked the Natit X1000 Installer is selected

- Upgraded with Apple Graphics Update

At this level everything was working fine ... resolutions and everything without ATIinject or Natit or EFI strings ...

Took those kexts to my 10.5.5 installation and damn ... they do not work.... scratched my head for a few hours and had a bunch of reboots ... till i remembered the OpenGL framework .... so i copied it over my 10.5.2 installation and BOOM !!!! it works ....

Something must have changed in newer OpenGL framework that messes up the support for this card ! So go grub your self all drivers for 71c6 and Framebuffer from here :

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=810792c...2c067d49a7c5fe8

Extract files

copy Open* to /System/Library/Frameworks

copy the kexts to your /System/Library/Extensions directory

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions

rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

I've got ATIinject and Natit installed both at the same time but i dont thing this helps anyway ...

Enjoy...

Just update to 10.5.6 - got QE & Rotation supported.

zip.gif ATI_Radeon_X1650_Pro_512____71c7____OSX86_10.5.6.zip ( 1.99MB )

Copy & replace files in /System/Library/Extensions/ use Extensions-Repair.app in zip to repair permitions, reboot.

need to send BIG REGARDS to Modbis, Kozlowski, Blackb and many more who showed me how to do this.

Got 1 Q? does any body can wake from sleep? It seems to work for me, but monitor stays off. Will this be a problem with my graphic card drivers? Please send me msg. THANKS

Fixed, just plug monitor to the 2. port. everything working now. Merry christmazzzzzzz.

has anyone been able to get this card working on a machine using the boot -132 method? It's the only thing I need and then Im done.

I don't see a problem why it should not work with boot-123, but didn't test it. Do you have any problems at boot?

Thanks for the extensions!

I've managed to get QE/CI/OpenGL/Rotation on 10.5.5 and 10.5.6. Couldn't be happier ;)

Sherry Haibara

Sherry,

I've been having a hellish time getting my x1650 to work properly. I would deeply appreciate it if you (and anyone else) could take a few moments and detail your system and your install process. I've been editing kexts, trying different install disks and versions. To be honest, I'm at my wits end. I've stopped playing games and have been playing "watch the x1650 destroy your install again" every night.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

My system - AMD X2 5000+, GA-MA770-DS3 mobo, 4gb of 800mhz patriot ram and an MSI x1650 (71c7)

Installing iDeneb 1.3 and Leo4all 4.1....or anything that will work. Just want to get some editing done at home.

I have tried EVERYTHING! I even just took ALL the ati kexts and natit and throwing that on the boot-132 disc. Is there anyway you could upload kexts for me? my dev id is 71c1. 1650 sapphire pro 512 pcie. I took all the ati kexts from my kalyway HDD and put them in the boot-132 disc. it's rather frustrating at this point. anyway any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

@Seepositive: you have to download the drivers linked before for 71C7, then open terminal and type

sudo -s
(insert password here and press enter)
cd /location_of_the_kext/ATIRadeonX1000.kext/Contents
nano Info.plist

Then you have to find the id 0x71C71002 and replace it with yours, i.e. if you have 71C6 you must use 0x71C61002. If your card is already a 71C7, then leave the file as is.

Save with ctrl+w, exit with ctrl+x and then type as follows:

rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/ATINDRV.kext
rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000.kext
cp -R /location_of_the_kext/ATINDRV.kext /System/Library/Extensions/ATINDRV.kext
cp -R /location_of_the_kext/ATIRadeonX1000.kext /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000.kext
chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions
chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions
rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions

If you want, you can bring up Disk Utility and repair permissions on the disk.

Reboot, it should work on the go. I'm still investigating on some troubles about what I call the "white screen of death", which can occur randomly at boot.

Sherry Haibara

Hey guys, I need some help.

Im a n00b, and every time I install this, it messes up my hackintosh. I need step by step instructions if anyone is willing to help. My specs follow-

(p.s my graphics are stuck at 1024 768 and laggy, ineed them clear and smooth)

(Sapphire) Radeon X1650 PRO 512MB DDR2 dev id 0x71c6

JaS Leopard 10.5.4

Sherry, thanks for the info...though that was exactly what I was doing. I was asking more about the distro that you use.

It was time to upgrade video cards anyway, so I've got a shiny new GeForce 9600 and no more x1650 woes.

Cheers to everyone that contributed in this and the other 1650 threads.

• 3 weeks later...

after a lot of searching i think i have a idea about making the x1650 fully working (dual screen, dvi etc.). it seems that for each port there is a different device id. for example if the the VGA output is Device ID 0x71c6 then for DVI it should be Device ID 0x71e. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to add bouth id's to modbin's pack, but since i'm a noob, it's gona be a while. That's why i'm posting here. Maby someone more experienced than me can make these tweaks. anyway.. i'll work on it, and gonna post bak as soona as i got something new.

cheers.

Please go easy on a first post here.

ATI 1650 w/ 256mb (71c1)

Leopard 10.5.6

I need DVI. I want QE/GL.

I'm getting lost in threads detailing similar cards with different c#'s, similar c#'s and different Leopard versions. I'm feeling defeated and sad which is frustrating since everything else (sound, SATA, eth0) has been a cakewalk on my Hackintosh. Could someone please help me? Is there a kext already for 71c1 @ 10.5.6? I'll give up with QE if it means an easy DVI solution.

Humbly,

Neil