Apple Seeds 10.4.3 Intel to Developers

sHARD>>

117 posts in this topic

No, I installed Darwin, and I installed 10.4.3 in pearPC and I copied it over onto Darwin. Maybe they've implemented something new so we can't get it to work via that method o.o

Also, it doesn't smell like a dongle because VMware wouldn't error and there's already the TPM chip it'd be REALLY REALLY odd to ship a dongle when the TPM chip does the same thing, but better.

Oh, so you are trying to create a pre-installed version. Wouldn't that have an inherit problem that nothing will work, because Darwin was not compiled on the same level as 10.4.3 so there's no way they'll work together?

I still wonder why not release the install DVD of 10.4.3 (if it's available) and let the community have a go at it, just like it happened with 10.4.1. If you remember a few "distributions" sprung out of it and at the end we had a working release install.

I still wonder why not release the install DVD of 10.4.3 (if it's available) and let the community have a go at it, just like it happened with 10.4.1. If you remember a few "distributions" sprung out of it and at the end we had a working release install.

Omni, 10.4.3 release holders simply do not dare seeding it to the community... Read pages 4-5 of the branch.

No, I installed Darwin, and I installed 10.4.3 in pearPC and I copied it over onto Darwin. Maybe they've implemented something new so we can't get it to work via that method o.o

Also, it doesn't smell like a dongle because VMware wouldn't error and there's already the TPM chip it'd be REALLY REALLY odd to ship a dongle when the TPM chip does the same thing, but better.

it's the kernel crashing vmware , if you copy the 10.4.3 mach kernel over a 10.4.1 patched dvd vmware crashes in the same way at the same point i've just tried

Oct 28 21:33:39: vcpu-0| NOT_IMPLEMENTED C:/ob/bora-16958/bora/devices/misc/flashram.c:502

it's the kernel crashing vmware , if you copy the 10.4.3 mach kernel over a 10.4.1 patched dvd vmware crashes in the same way at the same point i've just tried

Oct 28 21:33:39: vcpu-0| NOT_IMPLEMENTED C:/ob/bora-16958/bora/devices/misc/flashram.c:502

Sounds a lot like the existing pram used on PPC macs. That probably isn't correct though since the developers are using the same systems as before w/ the new version os OSX and no one mention any non-volatile ram being on the intel dev boards.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I can see how this prevents a vmware install, but what does this have to do with the delay in getting 10.4.3 released?
Do you mean that it has been confirmed that these aren't watermarked? Because I was under the impression that this was the thing that held back seeding this release.

I just need to wait for my bandwidth to be restored.

ANYWAY the reason for installing it via VMWare is so much testing can be done. It's possible that it screws up because of some missing files not being copied over properly but I don't think so. Will have to try again.

I just need to wait for my bandwidth to be restored.

ANYWAY the reason for installing it via VMWare is so much testing can be done. It's possible that it screws up because of some missing files not being copied over properly but I don't think so. Will have to try again.

you don't get it it's the kernel not some files not being copied, 10.4.3 mach kernel crashes vmware plain and simple . it's not prolly related to some cospiracy theory but it's just something not implemented in vmware. vmware 4.5 used to crash in the sameway with 10.4.1.

did you try booting with a real pc does it hang at the same point ?

you don't get it it's the kernel not some files not being copied, 10.4.3 mach kernel crashes vmware plain and simple . it's not prolly related to some cospiracy theory but it's just something not implemented in vmware. vmware 4.5 used to crash in the sameway with 10.4.1.

did you try booting with a real pc does it hang at the same point ?

Ah, I cannot install Darwin on my PC (915 Motherboard with SATA HDD's) as Darwin doesn't support SATA drives so Darwin fails to load. That sucks as I don't have any spare IDE HDD's around to test with, but with 10.4.3 the DVD automatically restarts the comp when it gets to loading the kernel so I assume that is something that is implemented in the kernel, but no one has bothered looking at it so..

EDIT: And this is probably what is happening in VMWare, except VMWare doesn't understand what the kernel is saying to do possibly..hmm

Personally, I'm wondering if Maxxxus has access to the new 10.4.3 kernel, and if so, why there's been nary a peep out of him.
Yeah patching-god Maxxuss seems to have vanished from the boards...no updates on his website either...you start to wonder if evil Apple lawyers got to him?

Yeah patching-god Maxxuss seems to have vanished from the boards...no updates on his website either...you start to wonder if evil Apple lawyers got to him?

It makes me curious about that, and also why other hackers haven't risen to the challenge. Perhaps their knowledge base is centered around hacking PC programs, and not Unix OS's??? Interesting stuff to ponder.

/blkblt

Sorry guys for no work here from me. I'm currently busy in a non-MacX86 project which needs full focus. I hope that I can start helping with 10.4.3. end of week. In the meantime I'm getting up-to-date as my time allows and see what has happened. From what I saw in 10.4.2, security has changed quite a bit and the work on 10.4.3. certainly is a couple of day's full work again...

Sorry guys for no work here from me. I'm currently busy in a non-MacX86 project which needs full focus. I hope that I can start helping with 10.4.3. end of week. In the meantime I'm getting up-to-date as my time allows and see what has happened. From what I saw in 10.4.2, security has changed quite a bit and the work on 10.4.3. certainly is a couple of day's full work again...

I think there is no need for you to be sorry, because you already did a lot, and RL goes first :D

Stay gold.