[pre-release] macOS Sonoma

1,844 posts in this topic

Curious to see if Kaby Lake and AMD Polaris graphics drivers have been removed from macOS Sonoma. 🤔

Update:

- Kaby Lake drivers are still there.

- IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext has been removed (and that's probably why my Broadcom Wi-Fi does not work).

Edited by Austere.J
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 6/5/2023 at 11:24 PM, Austere.J said:

Curious to see if Kaby Lake and AMD Polaris graphics drivers have been removed from macOS Sonoma. 🤔

I don't think they drop support for AMD Polaris GPUs because the base model of 2019 MacPro (MacPro7,1) uses AMD Radeon Pro 580X GPU but iGPU support for KabyLake will be gone for sure.

P.S.

Also 27" 2019 iMac uses the AMD RX580X GPU.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, PoMpIs said:

In my 13600k it starts perfectly from the flash drive, but when it should load the graphical environment the screen stays black. It doesn't like my 6800xt 😐

You have installed? Any glitch during the installation, apart from black screen at the end?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PoMpIs said:

No meu 13600k ele inicia perfeitamente pelo pendrive, mas quando deveria carregar o ambiente gráfico a tela fica preta. Não gosta do meu 6800xt  😐

Use boot args lilubetaall friend! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Lucas_FBS said:

Use boot args lilubetaall friend! 

I'll try it in a moment, thank you very much...

now i was testing on the i3 6100... seems to be doing great changing smbios to iMac19,2

IMG_0744.thumb.jpeg.644a0c69a3c259739797bb340e0055cf.jpeg

• Like 1

I know we have the full installer, but is anyone else getting "The update cannot be installed on this computer. Une erreur est survenue lors du téléchargement des mises à jour sélectionnées. Vérifiez votre connexion à Internet puis réessayez." on selecting the Sonoma branch in software update? Wonder if it's just their servers. It's saying check my internet connection.

28 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

You have installed? Any glitch during the installation, apart from black screen at the end?

No no, I don't get to the installation screen, it stays black... probably because I didn't use lilubetaall... now I'm installing on the i3 6100... when I'm done I'll try on the 13600k again 👍

• Like 3