Intel HD 530 Monterey

Alan Sojan

234 posts in this topic

I found a post in "the forum that shall not be mentioned" that claimed that a working Skylake solution includes the following:

• Change connector pipes to 0x12

Can anyone confirm that these changes make sense for Skylake?

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

@deeveedee First, I want to say I really appreciate your effort; you must be a really good person. Well, I do have an Intel HD 530 on my Dell Optiplex 7050. macOS Ventura install with full GPU acceleration AAPL,ig-platform-id 00001259 without any patches

Screenshot 2023-04-18 at 03.24.38.png

Screenshot 2023-04-18 at 03.25.39.png

boot - args -v alcid=11 watchdog=0 igfxonln=1 igfxagdc=0 agdpmod=vit9696

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Rocky12  That's awesome!  What video ports do you use on your PC and are you using any video adapters (e.g., HDMI -> VGA)?

EDIT: @Rocky12 I'm impressed that you were able to find a working solution without WhateverGreen.kext.  I tried to patch my CoffeeLake graphics without WhateverGreen and failed (see here).  Thanks for posting this!  I see that your spoofing another device-id for Ventura - that makes sense.

EDIT2: Reading this more carefully implies that agdpmod=vit9696 is for AMD graphics.  @Rocky12  do you have this boot-arg left in your config.plist for an AMD graphics card, or did you require this for working iGPU HD530?

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 2

@deeveedeeYes of course I have monitor big enough 39 inches, and it is connected through HDMI cable all the magic happen because of WhateverGreen.kext

and lastly to be honest I really didn't care about it what it does on intel GPUs agdpmod=vit9696 

Yes we have to use kabylake Device ID Because Apple drop support for skylake

Edited by Rocky12
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Alan Sojan I've never used boot-arg agdpmod=vit9696, but it's worth a try.  The attached config.plist includes boot-arg agdpmod=vit9696.  If your graphics wasn't working with the previous config.plist, please try the attached and report your results.

config.plist.zip

EDIT: Note that this documentation indicates that agdpmod=vit9696 boot-arg is for AMD and NVidia graphics, but doesn't mention it as a solution for Intel iGPU.  If agdpmod=vit9696 fixes this Skylake issue, then I believe that the Dortania docs will need to be revised.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 2

@Alan Sojan - Very happy you got sorted, just one query, is that correct that in Device Properties you have for audio the lay-id value is 42 but in boot-arg alcid=66?

Shouldn't it be just one ideally just in Device Properties opposed to in boot-arg? But if all is working well, no worries.

PS - On further scrutiny of this working EFI, I suspect the credit should go to @MaLd0n or at least some as I see his foot prints all over this EFI folder (Those in the know will know) but never mind the musings of an old codger.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, eSaF said:

@Alan Sojan - Very happy you got sorted, just one query, is that correct that in Device Properties you have for audio the lay-id value is 42 but in boot-arg alcid=66?

Shouldn't it be just one ideally just in Device Properties opposed to in boot-arg? But if all is working well, no worries.

PS - On further scrutiny of this working EFI, I suspect the credit should go to @MaLd0n or at least some as I see his foot prints all over this EFI folder (Those in the know will know) but never mind the musings of an old codger.

I'm not sure if that will cause any problems later but my speakers are working and hope it won't cause any issues later.

• Like 2

It must have been entertaining for the masters to watch this thread 😂.  I'll review the EFI and learn later.  The boot-arg overrides the DeviceProperty, so if both are defined, the boot-arg is used.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

After a quick review, this looks like the difference:

1388499532_ScreenShot2023-04-18at6_51_16PM.png.60d07a60aac109234773e6f1ee87c351.png

I wonder why the device-id (which is natively 0x1912, a supported device-id according to the acidanthera guide), needs to be spoofed to 0x191B?  I never would have guessed it.  

Thanks for posting the solution, @Alan Sojan and thank you @MaLd0n and @ichelash.

EDIT: This indicates that device-id 0x191B must be used for P530.  Maybe there's something about the Skylake i3 that's different from i5 and i7?

EDIT2: @Alan Sojan I hadn't noticed this until just now... In your original post here, you claimed to have an i3-6100, but your screen shot shows i5.  With the new EFI, does "About this Mac" indicate that you have an i3?

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 4

@eSaF

Good night. Indeed, audio layout-id must be in a single side, boot arg or deviceproperties but, as @deeveedee says, boot arg always take precedence over deviceproperties so, in this case, macOS is using 66. No harm keeping the other layout-id (unused).

@Alan Sojan

I don't think that you think that your thread is short and that it has generated little attention 😂

Now, enjoy your newly acquired graphics acceleration.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, eSaF said:

I didn't say i own the EFI...i just help since it was working for me.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, ichelash said:

I didn't say i own the EFI...i just help since it was working for me.

If I remembered correctly, no one accused you of ownership or claiming as such. I made the aside to acknowledge credit should also go to @MaLd0n and I did insert 'Those in the know will Know'.

If our friend @Alan Sojan was aware of the fact I am sure he would have also included the original builder of the EFI Folder so don't get it twisted at the end of the day it is great that someone came to the rescue after a lot of trials and errors. :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

@Alan Sojan In your original post, you claim to have an i3-6100, but your screen shot shows i5.  With your new EFI (with spoofed device-id 0x191B), does About This Mac now indicate that you have an i3?

No. for some reason it still shows as an i5 even though I 100% have an Intel i31534951764_Screenshot2023-04-19at16_22_12.thumb.png.5d6c0882a30d019624075558e9ae0c75.png

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the reply.  I can only suspect that there is something about the Skylake i3 that is different from the i5 and i7 (requiring the spoofed device-id).  If someone understands the need for the spoofed device-id, hopefully they can post the explanation here.

• Thanks 1

Not to confuse or cause you unnecessary concern as I suspect you're taking baby steps to get your machine running as perfect as a Hack will allow and this is not especially urgent, but in the pic above the Icon on the Desktop is depicted as External (Yellow Icon).

If this is an internal Drive and not 'Hot Plugged' but connected internally, it should be the default colour (Grey), it is of no consequence at this stage but you should consider fixing this glitch at some point.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Not to confuse or cause you unnecessary concern as I suspect you're taking baby steps to get your machine running as perfect as a Hack will allow and this is not especially urgent, but in the pic above the Icon on the Desktop is depicted as External (Yellow Icon).

If this is an internal Drive and not 'Hot Plugged' but connected internally, it should be the default colour (Grey), it is of no consequence at this stage but you should consider fixing this glitch at some point.

Hi, the reason for this is because I installed macOS on an external SSD