Intel HD 530 Monterey

Alan Sojan

234 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Alan Sojan said:

Hi, the reason for this is because I installed macOS on an external SSD

Ok understood, if or when you decide to connect it internally, it should automatically display as an internal drive.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I used the EFI uploaded by the thread founder, everything seems to work for me except for one thing and that is the sound, the system does not even detect the sound card, I have a dell optiplex 7050 i5 6500 Intel HD 530, do you have any advice on how to make the sound work? Thank you

6 hours ago, Rocky12 said:

@Peckamal From my OptiHack 7050 Fully Working Audio +HD530  GPU DP1 DP2 HDMI 

macOS Ventura Version 13.4 Beta  

OpenCore-0.9.2

Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 23.00.08.png

Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 23.00.55.png

Hi, thanks for the quick reply, could you share your EFI? I'm new to this, the type of sound card is not shown either Thank you very much for your help

Edited by Peckamal
  • Like 1

I afraid ALC3234 has non-standard interface. Hackintool can't show you device until it will work. Moreover it can't show audio device when it works with VoodooHDA.

Try to get more information in Windows with AIDA64 program.

• Like 3

The reason it is not displayed is that you need to put in the config plist the following info. The device-id (from what i see on your screenshot i assume that to be 54010000 (it looks like your using a DELL PC btw. So just add that along with your layout-id and you can also add the aapl slot-name, and other things if you like but the device-id will get it to show up and the layout id i have used 0x0B, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 for 300 Series and 0x0D,0x00, 0x00, 0x00 for 100 series. To find your available CODECS FOR THE ALC3234 you can check here and there should be a list of usable Layout IDs, you have to try them one at a time until one works. I normally start at the beginning and work my way up till one works. https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/wiki/Supported-codecs    You may also require to have the HPET configured correctly as well, hope this helps

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Peckamal said:

Thanks, I'll try and let you know

I know this is quite obvious but have you checked that the Audio driver is in the Drivers folder, also in the config.plist and enabled? Can be easily overlooked and worth checking.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@eSaF

AudioDxe je pro zvonění nebo jakýkoli zvuk před macOS,@Peckamal Zdá se, že problém souvisí s audio čipovou sadou na základní desce, aby fungoval s AppleALC nebo VoodooHDA.

I am sharing my EFI, maybe someone will figure it out, Thank you https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fYWYkwVfU7_CW6FoWNkh-XuBbzxK7HLV/view?usp=sharing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

I know this is quite obvious but have you checked that the Audio driver is in the Drivers folder, also in the config.plist and enabled? Can be easily overlooked and worth checking.

Yes it is there and I checked everything, I shared my EFI maybe someone will come up with it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peckamal said:

Yes it is there and I checked everything, I shared my EFI maybe someone will come up with it

You have in Device Properties...layout_id=11 for audio, and in Boot-args you have alcid=17, choose one. 11 or 17.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rocky12 said:

Snímek obrazovky 2023-05-19 v 23.47.55.png

Snímek obrazovky 2023-05-19 v 23.50.22.png

Snímek obrazovky 2023-05-20 v 00.06.36.png

Hello, Thank you, when I used your EFI, the pc did not start, I don't know what to do, with my EFI, the pc starts but there is no sound, I really don't know how to proceed,  For example, I don't have the DSDT.aml in EFI and I don't even know what to edit it in, Thank you for your help, I appreciate it you for any help

2 hours ago, Peckamal said:

Hello, Thank you, when I used your EFI, the pc did not start, I don't know what to do, with my EFI, the pc starts but there is no sound, I really don't know how to proceed,  For example, I don't have the DSDT.aml in EFI and I don't even know what to edit it in, Thank you for your help, I appreciate it you for any help

In simple term what @Rocky12 is saying..is open config.plist of your  EFI  using Opencore configurator "i know you got one"..then on your ACPI-->Patch--> list patches

JrS3ewI.png

Then on the drop down of the list of patches choose Rename HDAS TO HDEF as show in the image below 👇

J8wuUUh.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ichelash said:

In simple term what @Rocky12 is saying..is open config.plist of your  EFI  using Opencore configurator "i know you got one"..then on your ACPI-->Patch--> list patches

JrS3ewI.png

Then on the drop down of the list of patches choose Rename HDAS TO HDEF as show in the image below 👇

J8wuUUh.png

Hi, I followed the instructions but the audio is still nowhere 😞