Intel HD 530 Monterey

Alan Sojan

234 posts in this topic

Ok try this EFI and let me know any progress.

To clear the NvRAM, if you don't see it at the Boot Menu, hit the Space Bar and you will see the Icon, just move the cursor on it and hit enter which will induce a reboot and you should be good from there on.

EFI.zip

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alan Sojan said:

Yes it's booting, but there is still no graphics acceleration working 

Sorry man I am fresh out of ideas, hopefully someone else can offer a solution to fix the graphics problem.

• Thanks 1

@Alan Sojan

Working over the last EFI uploaded by @eSaF, replacing only config.plist, here you have 2 files, config1.plist and config2.plist.

Try first config1.plist, replacing the current config.plist (don't forget to rename config1.plist >> config.plist). Comment if it's working well.

If config1.plist fails, try config2.plist in the same way (replacing current config.plist and renaming config1.plist to config.plist).

• config1.plist has framebuffer for mobile Intel 530.
  • config2.plist has framebuffer for NUC Intel 530.

Uploaded files deleted.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, miliuco said:

@Alan Sojan

Working over the last EFI uploaded by @eSaF, replacing only config.plist, here you have 2 files, config1.plist and config2.plist.

Try first config1.plist, replacing the current config.plist (don't forget to rename config1.plist >> config.plist). Comment if it's working well.

If config1.plist fails, try config2.plist in the same way (replacing current config.plist and renaming config1.plist to config.plist).

• config1.plist has framebuffer for mobile Intel 530.
  • config2.plist has framebuffer for NUC Intel 530.

config1.plist 18.45 kB · 1 download config2.plist 18.45 kB · 1 download

I tried both but both arent working? Im not sure if I'm doing something wrong.  I have windows installed on this machine as well if that can maybe help with this problem.

8 minutes ago, Alan Sojan said:

I tried both but both arent working? Im not sure if I'm doing something wrong.  I have windows installed on this machine as well if that can maybe help with this problem.

probably because of this boot argument:

-igfxvesa

@feartech

What a mistake! I hadn't noticed this boot arg. Of course @Alan Sojan has to remove it, as long as you have it on there will be no graphic acceleration regardless of the framebuffer.

@Alan Sojan

These are the 2 config.plist previously uploaded, with -igfxvesa removed.

config1.plist config2.plist

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@feartech

What a mistake! I hadn't noticed this boot arg. Of course @Alan Sojan has to remove it, as long as you have it on there will be no graphic acceleration regardless of the framebuffer.

I have tried both and removed the boot argument on both of them it's still not working. 

32 minutes ago, eSaF said:

I know this maybe a bit of stretch but is the BIOS the latest version for the motherboard? With all the tips/fixes offered, at least one should have cured the problem in my opinion.

Yes, I am on the latest BIOS version. I'm not sure if this affects anything but, I am using a VGA monitor with a HDMI adaptor.

@Alan Sojan For properly working VGA with HD530, you may need boot-arg igfxagdc=0 (same as DeviceProperty disable-agdc).

Also, I did a quick scan of the various config.plists posted in this thread: config.plist is missing framebuffer-patch-enable (so video patches are not applied) and it specifies a frame buffer with zero connectors (see here), config1.plist and config2.plist have incorrect framebuffers (needs to be Little Endian).

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 2

Thanks @deeveedee for your notes. I change the framebuffer of both config.plist to little endian (19160002 >> 02001619 and 19160000 >> 00001619, right?). Also adding igfxagdc=0 boot arg. About framebuffer-patch-enable, both files have it with data value of 01000000, must be 00000001?  Other config.plist files are missing framebuffer-patch-enable, as you say.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 2