Intel HD 530 Monterey

Alan Sojan

234 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Peckamal said:

I will ask another question, if it doesn't work, what Intel CPU and board would you recommend for the best possible and functional installation? Thank you

What's the issue here again..? what are we looking at? Intel HD 530, Audio or Display port?

@Peckamal It's very difficult to diagnose your issue without seeing your most current EFI.  Each time you test a recommended solution, post your current EFI with your test report.  It's not that we don't trust you - it's just because we all know how error-prone the EFI creation process can be.  It is not helpful for you to post "It doesn't work" if we can't see the actual EFI you used.

Also, I would suggest that you use your originally posted HP 600 EFI as your baseline and only make changes to the graphics DeviceProperties.  This is just my opinion.  You know that your rig boots and runs macOS with that EFI.  There may be other issues, but the only issue we're trying to solve at this time is your graphics (only one DP working).  If there are other elements of the EFI that are changing while we're trying to diagnose and solve graphics, those changes introduce new variables and unknowns.

If I were hacking your PC, this is the approach that I would take:

• Keep your original EFI as my baseline
  • Make changes only to graphics DeviceProperties
  • Read this
  • Read this
  • Experiment with each 3-connector Skylake framebuffer (AAPL,ig-platform-id) to see if there is one that works without any further patching.  You'll find the Skylake AAPL,ig-platform-id in this document (see Slice's post here)
  • If none of the Skylake framebuffers worked without additional patching, ask for more help

Also, I would like to see the EFI that you created based on my post here.  The reason I would like to see that EFI is that I want to confirm that you understood the instructions and correctly modified your EFI.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys...☺️

Two days ago I installed MacOS on an i3 6100 and an MSI z170a Gaming M3...

Everything works fine, but I have screen flickering on the HD530, both for DVI and HDMI..

I have tried many combinations, but the one that has worked best for me has been that of the user @Niko NDP, who has in this post

The problem is that if something uses the iGPU intensely the screen flickers... even on YouTube with videos at more than 1080p...

I leave you a video of what happens:

https://trazo.duckdns.org/s/B7Z3sMbjFwCb653

It's the only problem I have in this hackintosh... and as I said, it only happens if some program uses the iGPU a lot, otherwise it doesn't flicker.

Does anyone know why this can happen? 

Thank you so much

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PoMpIs said:

Hi guys...☺️

Two days ago I installed MacOS on an i3 6100 and an MSI z170a Gaming M3...

Everything works fine, but I have screen flickering on the HD530, both for DVI and HDMI..

I have tried many combinations, but the one that has worked best for me has been that of the user @Niko NDP, who has in this post

The problem is that if something uses the iGPU intensely the screen flickers... even on YouTube with videos at more than 1080p...

I leave you a video of what happens:

https://trazo.duckdns.org/s/B7Z3sMbjFwCb653

It's the only problem I have in this hackintosh... and as I said, it only happens if some program uses the iGPU a lot, otherwise it doesn't flicker.

Does anyone know why this can happen? 

Thank you so much

Even me, this flickering gave me headache...even asked for help..in this post  but didn't find any solution..My only solution was to drop back to Monterey. I think it's compatibility issue with intel 530 and ventura...i don't maybe someone can decode this for us.

Edited by ichelash
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PoMpIs said:

Maybe I am talking rot here, but could it be the amount of memory allocation allowed for the graphics? (This setting is in the BIOS). I maybe way off track here about the problem so forgive me if I am.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, ichelash said:

Even me, this flickering gave me headache...even asked for help..in this post  but didn't find any solution..My only solution was to drop back to Monterey. I think it's compatibility issue with intel 530 and ventura...i don't maybe someone can decode this for us.

But yes, HD530 is not supported in Ventura. I know this as I have HD530.

May be some hack will help you while I prefer to use discrete card RX570.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Slice said:

But yes, HD530 is not supported in Ventura. I know this as I have HD530.

May be some hack will help you while I prefer to use discrete card RX570.

Exactly, preparing to get myself RX580..

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

@PoMpIs

• Add this property to your HD 530 framebuffer:
    • Key: AAPL,GfxYTile   Value: 01000000 (Type: Date)
  •  Add boot-arg -igfxsklaskbl
  • Apply Post-Install Root Patches with OCLP.

Sadly, it won't fix the flickering...Adding boot-arg -igfxsklaskbl..is useless, since the latest version Whatevergreen  has included the use of the of that boot-arg. OCPL same, but you'll also lost the HEVC in hardware/video processing and hardware encoder. That's my opinion since have tried them all with no success.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ichelash said:

Adding boot-arg -igfxsklaskbl is useless, since the latest version Whatevergreen has included the use of the of that boot-arg.

Where is this documented? The boot-arg is still listed on the repo. Wouldn't it be mentioned somewhere if it was enabled in WEG by default? And wouldn't they have removed the boot-arg from the list then?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

Where is this documented? The boot-arg is still listed on the repo. Wouldn't it be mentioned somewhere if it was enabled in WEG by default? And wouldn't they have removed the boot-arg from the list then?

the boot argument is required when you are spoofing a skylake as a kabylake when using Monterey

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

Read carefully https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen I am sure we are talking about Ventura (13) in this case of @PoMplsimage.png.aae04f99a1a506dffe1ac414ea4844a6.png

Edited by ichelash
  • Like 4

Thank you very much everyone for the answers 🙇‍♂️ ..

I've been doing tests and for today I'll leave it because I'm going crazy with so many tests without positive results 🤪 

What I have discovered is that if I connect two monitors it works almost perfectly, even the hot connection of both monitors (HDMI and DVI) 🤷‍♂️..

Tomorrow I'll attach a screenshot of what I have in the config.plist for the iGPU, now I'm not with that computer. 

The problem is when using a single monitor, when trying VideoProc the image shakes, but not as much as with the configuration it had yesterday

Thank you very much to all.

• Like 2