GA-Z690 Aorus Master Intel Core i9 12900K Hackintosh

Cyberdevs

127 posts in this topic

image.png

Hi guys, here is my EFI folder for Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master rig with Intel Core i9 12900K.

Specs are:
GA-Z690 Aorus Master
Intel Core i9 12900K
32GB CorsAir 6200 MHz Dominator DDR5 (2x16GB) (Currently running at 4800MHz due to some Gigabyte BIOS issues.)
CoolerMaster ML360 Illusion Liquid Cooler
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVMe
Asus ROG Radeon RX 580 8GB
Fenvi T919 BT/WiFi
CoolerMaster C700P Black Edition Case
CorsAir RM750X Power Supply

image.png

I'm currently running macOS Monterey 12.4, macOS Big Sur 11.6.6 and Windows 11 Pro

My EFI folder is based on kreactnative's EFI which I made some changes to. The EFI folder hasn't been fully optimized yet but it's good for a start for people with the same components.

You might need to remap USB ports based on your setup I had to sacrifice one of the USB Type-C ports on the rear IO to activate my USB Type-C port on the case header because of the 15 ports limit my total USB port count is 16 ports.

I have two issues so far which are:

1. System looses USB connectivity every once in a while so I have to reset the system I haven't found out why yet :(

2. Haven't found the best layout-id for Audio so the audio devices not showing correctly although they work perfectly fine.

Notes:

Remember to regenerate the SMBIOS settings before using the current config.plist

GA-Z690 Aorus Master OC 0.8.0.zip

macOS Ventura Support

AlderLake OC 0.8.2 GA-Z690 Aorus Master EFI.zip

Note:

Just remember to regenerate the SMBIOS section and use your own USB ports map if necessary.

Also remember that I have disabled my Intel BT/WiFi by removing the USB port map and there are no kexts in this EFI folder for Intel BT/WiFI because I don't use them.

I hope you find it useful.

Cheers

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Cyberdevs said:

Hi guys, here is my EFI folder for Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master rig with Intel Core i9 12900K.

I only have one thing to say - I am jealous!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

I don't know how to respond to that 😅

How about - 'Oh for Shame'. :hysterical: Nice rig though Bro, wish I could go that route, my rig is beginning to show it's age now compared with all the new stuff available.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Thanks man 😁. I hope you get your hands on your new rig soon too 🙂

There are lots of affordable Z690 mainboards and the i5 and i7 processors are not that expensive to start with.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, eSaF said:

I only have one thing to say - I am jealous!!!

Your Drones have stolen your computer budget dude

14 hours ago, eSaF said:

I have to say you, @MaLd0n and @BALDY_MAN seems like the rich kids on the block rocking the Z690, alas I can only wish. Enjoy Bro.:thumbsup_anim:

IM Changing the name of my pc to the money pit. as I now have nile capitals. lol

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, BALDY_MAN said:

Your Drones have stolen your computer budget dude

Bro you sound just like the wife, her exact words are....'It's one or the other not both' :hysterical:.

Being single has so many good strong points and is looking pretty tempting at the moment from where I am standing but winter nights can be a bit harsh at my age and maybe too late for me now so the Z390 is my mark for the time being.:hysterical: 

• Haha 1

Guys we're getting off track here but as we all know these are real dark times for computer enthusiast and we all have to deal with all the shortages and the insane prices.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

Guys we're getting off track here but as we all know these are real dark times for computer enthusiast and we all have to deal with all the shortages and the insane prices.

Very nice build bro.

And thanks for shearing your. EFI with the community

just  run  Geek bench  on my hack it overclocked to 5Ghz 

image.thumb.png.90d8d89f88673153484b42bfeb004b58.png

• Like 4

Thanks @MaLd0n I will check your EFI folder and I will get back to you.

I don't use the SSDT-RHUB-Reset it's just there in the ACPI folder i don't use it at all. The method i used to remap the USB ports was using USBToolBox under windows and the reason i had to use that method was simply because i couldn't use hackintool to map the USBs it doesn't detect my ports at all.

6 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

i couldn't use hackintool to map the USBs it doesn't detect my ports at all.

Just need remap HSxx ports first with one USB2 device, after first reboot SSxx ports start appear

• Like 1

Hi all! I have an z690 Aorus Master + i9 9900k from some time now. Incredible machine with all mac features working and very good benchmarks. But after update to Monterey 12.4 I totally lost sleep. Culprit is the ethernet Aquatia AQC113C. If I unplug the network cable it sleep like a baby. I tried everything, also the SSDT @MaLd0n provided. No result. Maybe you can give me a hint. Thank you!

7 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

Hi all! I have an z690 Aorus Master + i9 9900k from some time now. Incredible machine with all mac features working and very good benchmarks. But after update to Monterey 12.4 I totally lost sleep. Culprit is the ethernet Aquatia AQC113C. If I unplug the network cable it sleep like a baby. I tried everything, also the SSDT @MaLd0n provided. No result. Maybe you can give me a hint. Thank you!

I think you made mistake with the CPU. The 9900K isn't compatible with the Z690 mainboards.

Have you tried my EFI efi folder?

57 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

I think you made mistake with the CPU. The 9900K isn't compatible with the Z690 mainboards.

Have you tried my EFI efi folder?

I have tried your EFI, but same, no sleep. Tell me why SSDT-XH_ADLS3.aml is broken? I have no issue with it. BTW, you have 2 tables not loading in ACPI. You have to use (if you want) this modification: 1. TPL error -> use the attached SSDT and block the original. 2. ADBG error -> see below:

1.png

2.png

3.png

TPL.aml

On 5/21/2022 at 8:13 PM, Cyberdevs said:

2. Haven't found the best layout-id for Audio so the audio devices not showing correctly although they work perfectly fine.

image.thumb.png.7188401b1410a26d908224e48d4f9c7a.png

@Stefanalmare

The comments under the ACPI tables are from the original EFI folder. I don't know why kreactnative made that remark. Maybe it was on earlier BIOS version or something.

What does the TPL error do exactly?

and when I use the either 1 or 7 for audio layout-id the  output names are not correctly shown under the audio menu, for instance when the headphone jack is connected the system doesn't show the headphone it only show's "Internal Speaker" and that's not all it simply doesn't work i have to choose "Lineout" for speakers to work.

What is the complete value for OemTableId for "Change ADGB to XDGB"?

4 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

The comments under the ACPI tables are from the original EFI folder. I don't know why kreactnative made that remark. Maybe it was on earlier BIOS version or something.

I never had problems with this table and I have this hackintosh from first bios.

What does the TPL error do exactly?

The original table doesn't load in hack correctly. The table I sent is doing the right job.

and when I use the either 1 or 7 for audio layout-id the  output names are not correctly shown under the audio menu, for instance when the headphone jack is connected the system doesn't show the headphone it only show's "Internal Speaker" and that's not all it simply doesn't work i have to choose "Lineout" for speakers to work.

The corect audio layout-id is decimal 16, hex 10.

What is the complete value for OemTableId for "Change ADGB to XDGB"?

Spoiler

1.png

Edited by Stefanalmare
  • Like 1

@MaLd0n

I tried your EFI folder and for some reason macOS can't recognize the Aquantia Ethernet. If I change the following section macOS recognizes the Ethernet but it can't assign the IP address, it either assigns APIPA address or it says the cable is not connected.

Original code:

Scope (_SB.PC00.RP01)
    {
        Scope (PXSX)
        {
            Name (_STA, Zero)  // _STA: Status
        }

to

Scope (\_SB.PC00.RP01)
    {
        Scope (PXSX)
        {
        }

and here is the original code for my current Aquantia Ethernet SSDT:

Scope (\_SB.PC00.RP01)
        {
            Scope (PXSX)
            {
            }

On another note I tried to map the USB ports as you instructed in your video guide HSxx ports first with a USB 2.0 flash drive and then exclude the unused ports and then map the SSxx ports and when it's done when I use the SSDT-UIAC some ports won't work.

38 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Quirk by Opencore with VT-d don't solve this card?

39 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

@MaLd0n some ports won't work.

if remap is correct ports work

have two ways

USBInjectAll + XHCI-unsupported + SSDT-UIAC

or

USBPorts + XHCI-unsupported

dwfrLsM.png

• Like 2