GA-Z690 Aorus Master Intel Core i9 12900K Hackintosh

Cyberdevs

127 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

Yeah I know, but usually the EFI folder will let you boot into macOS but when I use your EFI it reboots right after OC tries to load macOS.

Another thing that was interesting for me was that you don'y use BlueToolFixup.kext so my guess is that Fenvi T919 doesn't require BlueToolFixup.kext is that correct?

My card it's natively supported. Don't need any kext for Bluetooth or wifi. SSDT-Z690-ARPT give the card the same ioreg path as iMacPro.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

My card it's natively supported. Don't need any kext for Bluetooth or wifi. SSDT-Z690-ARPT give the card the same ioreg path as iMacPro.

Yeah that’s great because I have the same card. I’ll remove bluetoolfixup and use your SSDT. 
last night I tested sleep and system went to sleep, sort of which all the lights stayed on but when I moved the mouse it came back with no issues. Didn’t crash or give black screen.

22 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

@Cyberdevs Looks like it disables 2 things (PXSX and HRUS), injects Product Descriptions and some packets to fix wake issues (_PRW)

I’ll use it and see how it goes on my rig. Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

@Stefanalmare

I had to change RP04 to RP05 because my Fenvi seems to be connected to PR05 and it works fine otherwise macOS couldn't load. I also removed BluetoolFixup as well thanks for the reminder.

Another great thing about these Fenvi cards is that they work in BIOS/UEFI and OC picker with my Magic keyboard and mouse.

The down side is that sleep doesn't seem to work properly display goes to sleep but when system tries to power down it turns itself back on but the display stays off unless i move the mouse or hit a key on keyboard but as I mentioned earlier i never put the system to sleep at all so I don't care if it's not working on my rig.

22 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

I had to change RP04 to RP05 because my Fenvi seems to be connected to PR05 and it works fine otherwise macOS couldn't load. I also removed BluetoolFixup as well thanks for the reminder.

Another great thing about these Fenvi cards is that they work in BIOS/UEFI and OC picker with my Magic keyboard and mouse.

I removed the intel wifi original card and put the Fenvi. Thist is whay is RP04 in SSDT.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

I removed the intel wifi original card and put the Fenvi. Thist is whay is RP04 in SSDT.

Yeah that explains it. lol

I didn't remove mine and I'm using the PCIe version of Fenvi T919.

@Stefanalmare

One thing that I don't understand is why i get lower Geekbench score it's always below 2000 on multicore maybe it's silicon lottery or a misconfiguration on my part.

Can I trouble you to share some details on your BIOS/UEFI settings? If you could send me some screenshots i'll be grateful if that's not too much to trouble for you.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Yeah that explains it. lol

I didn't remove mine and I'm using the PCIe version of Fenvi T919.

@Stefanalmare

One thing that I don't understand is why i get lower Geekbench score it's always below 2000 on multicore maybe it's silicon lottery or a misconfiguration on my part.

Can I trouble you to share some details on your BIOS/UEFI settings? If you could send me some screenshots i'll be grateful if that's not too much to trouble for you.

Man, I use a slightly overclock. All P core 52 and E cores 41.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Gigabyte released a new BIOS for Z690 Aorus Master today F20a for support of upcoming Intel 13th gen (and probably other 600 Series) so I updated the BIOS. The good thing is that it fixed the XMP profile issue and now my memory runs at 6200MHz instead of 4800 but i couldn't boot into macOS with the same EFI folder.

After a while I realized i had to enable SetupVirtualMap quirk under Booter and I also had to update the OC and all the kexts to their latest versions.

image.png

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Gigabyte released a new BIOS for Z690 Aorus Master today F20a for support of upcoming Intel 13th gen (and probably other 600 Series) so I updated the BIOS. The good thing is that it fixed the XMP profile issue and now my memory runs at 6200MHz instead of 4800 but i couldn't boot into macOS with the same EFI folder.

After a while I realized i had to enable SetupVirtualMap quirk under Booter and I also had to update the OC and all the kexts to their latest versions.

Hm, I always think so

image.png

https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/wiki/OC-integration#quirks-

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, surenmunoo said:

Do you think there is anyway to get a RX6950XT to work on the Z690? My 6800XT is giving issues on HDMI so I got my self a new card. Since I could not find any new 6800xt or 6900xt I got the 6950.

You might be able to spoof the 6800 or 6900 device id but I’m not sure if that’s gonna work.

8 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

image.png

Same here. 2 hours to fix this little s......it. 🤮

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/28/2022 at 6:52 AM, Cyberdevs said:

You might be able to spoof the 6800 or 6900 device id but I’m not sure if that’s gonna work.

I just thought to give some feedback. The RX6950Xt works with my Gigabyte Aero D Z690 now thanks to Mald0n. He edited my EFI and now it works perfectly.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, surenmunoo said:

I just thought to give some feedback. The RX6950Xt works with my Gigabyte Aero D Z690 now thanks to Mald0n. He edited my EFI and now it works perfectly.

Nice!

Thanks for the feedback. Can you check something for me please?

Can you please check and see the Hyper-Threading Technology's status under System Report -> Hardware.

1 hour ago, Cyberdevs said:

Nice!

Thanks for the feedback. Can you check something for me please?

Can you please check and see the Hyper-Threading Technology's status under System Report -> Hardware.

But, like you see, I have no more the correct CPU. 

Spoiler

1.png

Edited by Stefanalmare

14 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

But, like you see, I have no more the correct CPU. 

How's yours enabled?

And the correct CPU name can be shown if you set the ProcessorType to 0 or just use these settings:

image.png

32 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

How's yours enabled?

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.40e2793ebf8b93136212916172099678.png

33 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

And the correct CPU name can be shown if you set the ProcessorType to 0 or just use these settings:

I know, but until few days ago I don't needed this solution.