GA-Z690 Aorus Master Intel Core i9 12900K Hackintosh

Cyberdevs

127 posts in this topic

On 4/12/2023 at 2:46 AM, valmeida29 said:

@Blu24 can you share your EFI . I just bought the same board and I’m trying to get Ventura working . I also have a Fenvi card but my CPU is a I9 13900K

Sorry about the late reply, I haven't been to this forum for a while. Would you still like my EFI?

On 12/20/2022 at 10:59 AM, Stefanalmare said:

Sleep not hibernation. And this is a known issue of AQC113c. I have the same...........

Hi,

Are you still having hibernation issues or have you found a fix?

Thanks

Edited by Blu24

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

Has anyone updated the BIOS to f24b and succeeded in booting macOS?

Today I tried to update the BIOS and no matter what I did I couldn't boot the macOS so I rolled back to f21

I don't know what was the issue but macOS couldn't boot, OpenCore was loading and when I tried to boot into macOS it just either crash or hang.

I configured the BIOS almost as same as F21.

9 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

it was disabled

Obvious question, have you tried booting stable OS's not Beta i.e Windows (unfortunately) and see if the result is the same?

Who knows maybe there is a bug in the new BIOS version.

Either way hope you get it sorted.

7 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Obvious question, have you tried booting stable OS's not Beta i.e Windows (unfortunately) and see if the result is the same?

Who knows maybe there is a bug in the new BIOS version.

Either way hope you get it sorted.

I tried once but it didn't boot either and crashed. :D

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

I tried once but it didn't boot either and crashed. :D

All things being equal, it doesn't make sense if you set up the new BIOS Version as the old one there's no logic for the crashes in my opinion.

I can only surmise two reasons, 1. A bug in the new version and 2. There is a new change in the BIOS settings you've missed or overlooked.

PS - Have you tried booting Windows at default settings?

Edited by eSaF

3 minutes ago, eSaF said:

All things being equal, it doesn't make sense if you set up the new BIOS Version as the old one there's no logic for the crashes in my opinion.

I can only surmise two reasons, 1. A bug in the new version and 2. There is a new change in the BIOS settings you've missed or overlooked.

PS - Have you tried booting Windows at default settings?

Well to be honest I didn't try that hard I checked several settings to be set as the same as the previous BIOS but when I couldn't make it work I rolled back to the previous BIOS. This rig is my main rig so I needed to get some work done. I will give it a try one more time later and see if I can make it work or if Windows boots normally.

8 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

This rig is my main rig so I needed to get some work done. I will give it a try one more time later and see if I can make it work or if Windows boots normally.

Understandable. :thumbsup_anim:

Another failed attempt with the new F24 (not F24b) BIOS.

Clearly something in my config is wrong, because I double checked the BIOS settings and they are almost the same as F21. macOS refuses to load.

CFGLock and Secure Boot are disabled so OC loads and tries to load macOS I guess I need to disable some SSDTs and test.

@Stefanalmare

I'm sorry to ask but you're my savior as always, can you save your BIOS settings as a profile and send it to me so I can load it without having to butcher my EFI folder?

And also can you pleas tel me if you've made any changes to your EFI folder before updating the BIOS to F24a? and if yes can you please tell me what?

On 6/10/2023 at 4:12 PM, Cyberdevs said:

Another failed attempt with the new F24 (not F24b) BIOS.

Clearly something in my config is wrong, because I double checked the BIOS settings and they are almost the same as F21. macOS refuses to load.

CFGLock and Secure Boot are disabled so OC loads and tries to load macOS I guess I need to disable some SSDTs and test.

@Stefanalmare

I'm sorry to ask but you're my savior as always, can you save your BIOS settings as a profile and send it to me so I can load it without having to butcher my EFI folder?

And also can you pleas tel me if you've made any changes to your EFI folder before updating the BIOS to F24a? and if yes can you please tell me what?

I'm really sorry, man! I just saw your post. I hope isn't to late. I updated to F24 and I have no problems. Here you have a normal set of settings and an Overclock mode.

Normal OverClock

Edited by Stefanalmare
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

I'm really sorry, man! I just saw your post. I hope isn't to late. I updated to F24 and I have no problems. Here you have a normal set of settings and an Overclock mode.

No worries man, it's ok I totally understand that my message could have been lost in all the posts and notifications and thanks a lot for your reply, I will try the F24 BIOS update again tomorrow and see if I can boot into macOS using your settings.

I really appreciate your help as always.

Cheers 

• Like 2

@Stefanalmare

I updated the BIOS to F24 and with your settings it boots just fine, so I cross checked everything against my own settings and I couldn't figure out what was the issue :hysterical:

For some reason the rig doesn't like my configuration but LOVES yours!

System is stable and I even replaced the thermal paste and deep cleaned the rig and the temps are normal (35 to 39 degrees idle or under light load) but from time to time it spikes to 60 degrees which is normal I guess, I just might need to do a clean install if I ever encounter the USB drops as I did with previous BIOSes.

So thanks again for your kind support as always.

P.S.

Something strange happened when once when I was playing with the F24 BIOS earlier, the first time I updated the BIOS i saw some settings about Thunderbolt and USB 4 support but I can't find it anymore :D

I don't remember exactly which BIOS it was, F24b or F24 but it's gone now.

I guess my mainboard likes to play tricks on me!!!

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

I'm glad it works! Is your machine sleeping well on Hackintosh?

No sleep doesn't work, it turns off the system and then i have to turn the system on as if it's just turning on after being shut down.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

I don't think the EFI folder is required but I can post the IOReg and the SSDT. I just need to boot into macOS with the SSDT enabled which I will do so later cuz I'm in the middle of something that just can't reboot right now.

EDIT: You probably know this, but your DTGP call is unnecessary.  You already have 

If ((Arg2 == Zero))
                    {
                        Return (Buffer (One)
                        {
                             0x03                                             // .
                        })
                    }

EDIT2: I think I found the problem.  Your _DSM is wrong:

Device (ARPT)
            {
                Name (_ADR, Zero)  // _ADR: Address
                Method (\_SB.PC00.RP05.PXSX._DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method

Should be Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized) since you're already inside of the ARPT scope.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

Ok - see my previous post for comments.  Assuming that your existing _SB.PC00.RP05.PXSX does not have an _STA method, the only problem with your SSDT should be the _DSM definition.

Edited by deeveedee

@Cyberdevs I'll take a look later.  After doing a quick scan, you can remove your SSDT-DTPG (which should be named SSDT-DTGP ;) ) and remove the DTGP call from your ARPT SSDT.

EDIT: @Cyberdevs Oh, wait.  You' are using DTGP in your Acquantia SSDT.  You can remove DTGP call from your Acquantia SSDT if you begin Method _DSM with

If ((Arg2 == Zero))
                {
                    Return (Buffer (One)
                    {
                         0x03                                             // .
                    })
                }

Just look at your other _DSM methods where you aren't using DTGP.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1