GA-Z690 Aorus Master Intel Core i9 12900K Hackintosh

Cyberdevs

127 posts in this topic

With the new BIOS GeekBench crashes my system in Monterey and Ventura. I'm really starting to regret updating the BIOS and if I use CpuTopologyRebuild.kext they system become more unstable.

22 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

With the new BIOS GeekBench crashes my system in Monterey and Ventura. I'm really starting to regret updating the BIOS and if I use CpuTopologyRebuild.kext they system become more unstable.

When computer crash doing benchmark first step is to raise the voltage a bit or lower cpu ratio. I have F20a and my computer is rock solid (not a single crash), apart from my single issue: I have no sleep because of aqc113c.

Edited by Stefanalmare
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

Hi, I was outside of home. I'll update the BIOS now and report.

Thanks for the reply, I updated mine but the update broke my XMP again and I can't enable XMP to use 6200 MHz, the XMP profile in the previous update (F20a) was ok tho!

• 3 months later...
On 5/21/2022 at 6:13 PM, Cyberdevs said:

image.png

Hi guys, here is my EFI folder for Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master rig with Intel Core i9 12900K.

Specs are:
GA-Z690 Aorus Master
Intel Core i9 12900K
32GB CorsAir 6200 MHz Dominator DDR5 (2x16GB) (Currently running at 4800MHz due to some Gigabyte BIOS issues.)
CoolerMaster ML360 Illusion Liquid Cooler
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVMe
Asus ROG Radeon RX 580 8GB
Fenvi T919 BT/WiFi
CoolerMaster C700P Black Edition Case
CorsAir RM750X Power Supply

image.png

I'm currently running macOS Monterey 12.4, macOS Big Sur 11.6.6 and Windows 11 Pro

My EFI folder is based on kreactnative's EFI which I made some changes to. The EFI folder hasn't been fully optimized yet but it's good for a start for people with the same components.

You might need to remap USB ports based on your setup I had to sacrifice one of the USB Type-C ports on the rear IO to activate my USB Type-C port on the case header because of the 15 ports limit my total USB port count is 16 ports.

I have two issues so far which are:

1. System looses USB connectivity every once in a while so I have to reset the system I haven't found out why yet :(

2. Haven't found the best layout-id for Audio so the audio devices not showing correctly although they work perfectly fine.

Notes:

Remember to regenerate the SMBIOS settings before using the current config.plist

GA-Z690 Aorus Master OC 0.8.0.zip 10.65 MB · 99 downloads

macOS Ventura Support

AlderLake OC 0.8.2 GA-Z690 Aorus Master EFI.zip 9.46 MB · 143 downloads

Note:

Just remember to regenerate the SMBIOS section and use your own USB ports map if necessary.

Also remember that I have disabled my Intel BT/WiFi by removing the USB port map and there are no kexts in this EFI folder for Intel BT/WiFI because I don't use them.

I hope you find it useful.

Cheers

How did you get the Fenvi T919 BT/WiFi to work. do you have it installed in the PCIEX4.1 slot. I have the same motherboard and Fenvi, only the BT is working.

PCIEX4_1

11 hours ago, Blu24 said:

How did you get the Fenvi T919 BT/WiFi to work. do you have it installed in the PCIEX4.1 slot. I have the same motherboard and Fenvi, only the BT is working.

PCIEX4_1

Yeah I installed it in the second PCIe slot and it works just fine and OOB.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, surenmunoo said:

Did you make any changes to config to make it work?

The only thing that I had to change was to enable SetupVirtualMap few months back when updated the BIOS to the F8 (I think) but no changes after that. Try this EFI:

1777446717_Z690AorusMasterOC0.8.6.zip

• Like 2

On 12/7/2022 at 5:59 AM, Cyberdevs said:

Yes with using the SSDT-Aquantia-AQC113C.aml and enabling the ForceAquantiaEthernet qurik under the Kernel section the 10GB ethernet works perfectly fine.

SSDT-Aquantia-AQC113C.aml.zip 832 B · 4 downloads

Thank you. For some reason I had to also add SSDT-DTPG.aml to get the ethernet working.

Edited by Blu24
  • Like 1

On 12/10/2022 at 10:59 AM, Blu24 said:

Thank you. For some reason I had to also add SSDT-DTPG.aml to get the ethernet working.

Now I have the 10GB ethernet & onboard wifi 6E working 😀

I know it's a tall order, does anyone know if it's possible to get the onboard BT working?

Edited by Blu24

1 hour ago, Blu24 said:

Now I have the 10GB ethernet & onboard wifi 6E working 😀

I know it's a tall order, does anyone know if it's possible to get the onboard BT working?

Use this: IntelBTPatcher.kext first, then IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext, last BlueToolFixup.kext.

BlueToolFixup.kext.zip IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext.zip IntelBTPatcher.kext.zip

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I  can only get the 10GB ethernet to work if I add SSDT-AQUANTIA-AQC113C.aml + SSDT-DTPG.aml but the downside to

adding SSDT-DTPG.aml , hibernation doesn’t work. The usb ports are mapped.

None of the fixes work. Any ideas how to solve hibernation issues?

Update: Hibernation doesn't work with the ethernet cable plugged in.

Edited by Blu24
Deleted

On 12/16/2022 at 1:33 AM, Blu24 said:

I  can only get the 10GB ethernet to work if I add SSDT-AQUANTIA-AQC113C.aml + SSDT-DTPG.aml but the downside to

adding SSDT-DTPG.aml , hibernation doesn’t work. The usb ports are mapped.

None of the fixes work. Any ideas how to solve hibernation issues?

Update: Hibernation doesn't work with the ethernet cable plugged in.

Sleep not hibernation. And this is a known issue of AQC113c. I have the same...........

• 3 months later...