59 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, LAbyOne said:

Hello little update,

found a typo into Cloverplistvalidator function which caused an error during checks,

in the mean time....

I reverted back the Quit behaviour to exit, I'm sorry probably some of you will not like

this but the logic why i did so reside in practical reasons.

I don't know how many among you, use the terminal in daily basis, and having such a kind of 

behaviour, becomes very unpractical for those who do use it very often.

So here we go latest release

in main thread, is now Clover Suite Builder 1.3r4

Thanks a lot @LAbyOne To increase lisibility, for the important indication, could you use bold  instead of black background. Please. :) I have to change my glasses :hysterical:

@LAbyOne What's the reasoning behind turning the app into a menulet? When I start an App, I expect the GUI to show and not hide behind an Icon in my menubar that I have to click to to actually bring the window to the forefront… it's rreally unintuitive.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jief_Machak said:

Open an issue on git hub ?

my typo not your :)

4 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Thanks a lot @LAbyOne To increase lisibility, for the important indication, could you use bold  instead of black background. Please. :) I have to change my glasses :hysterical:

sorry its not my choice, i use "dark reader" extension on browsers, and when copy/pasting  text it actually copy the black background as well, its not intentional at all... I should, but always forget to disable the extension when copy/pasting...

21 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

@LAbyOne What's the reasoning behind turning the app into a menulet? When I start an App, I expect the GUI to show and not hide behind an Icon in my menubar that I have to click to to actually bring the window to the forefront… it's rreally unintuitive.

So if I understand well, in your opinion also Date/Time, System Audio, bluetooth, esp manager pro, and all kind of other apps working as menulets are all unintuitive? 

Well i guess we are all different with different tastes, what to say, I instead like very much the way it works, i know it's there, and when i need it its ready

Edited by LAbyOne
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

@LAbyOne Theses things you mentioned are important system services. A little app to build Clover – while useful – is not an important system service which deseves a to live in the menu bar.

Edited by 5T33Z0
3 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

@LAbyOne Theses things you mentioned are important system services. A little app to build Clover – while useful – is not an important system service which deseves a to live in the menu bar.

While you state them as important, is also true that all those just sit there and even being system services are applications you rarely use (made exception for the clock ) all the rest once setup, just sit there for no real use, but its useless to open a debate about this.

Instead a menu for this, would become significant, especially someone at Clover's early stages of usage, to take the time to think and choose the right files he may need, having all the time the tool at hand, without being forced to swing around all open windows or other tools in use, for example.

Sure you'r an advanced user, and may not find relevant having it sitting there for you, but many are not, and this is made for them too.

Then as i imagine happens to all computer users, once done using an application, menulet or other bundle may be, you simply press Q and it's gone.

That's all.

Posted (edited)
On 5/28/2021 at 7:39 AM, 5T33Z0 said:

Just a suggestion for a minor GUI tweak for the next release: move the entry for point 6 further to the right, so it alligns with the rest of the entries in the right column:

1070096116_Bildschirmfoto2021-05-28um07_34_12.png.51476e7d8942f5dbf07adb1413a5a894.png

Hi @5T33Z0, going back to this

can you tell me what's the system you'r running this from?

Had little troubles this w/e and had to reinstall a machine

finally got what you showing. Has as we discovered nothing much to do with Terminal settings, but mostly with the "default shell in use" as i also tested with zsh and has no such glitches

Are you by chance still using bash?

if its the case, (and you don't want use zsh) may I suggest you to use this to solve that.

That's what came into my mind and I thought you might be interestd, if its not that either, i'm out of options (for now)

Edited by LAbyOne
added infos

Will Clover Suite Builder be able to auto update itself at any stage?

Also how do I build on AMD with CSB? When it build it fails on the drivers and the package is missing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Will Clover Suite Builder be able to auto update itself at any stage?

all updates till the stable version will be posted here, then once polished, you will normally not require any other update. unless Clover itself will totally change the way it now works.

15 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Also how do I build on AMD with CSB? When it build it fails on the drivers and the package is missing them.

Please, forgive my ignorance, as i do not have any experience with AMD machine, what would be the requirement to work smoothly on them?

This is odd, as CSB works the same way as buildme does, it's integrated into it, nothing has changed in the way of building Clover

Some failures given by previous version were solved.

What version are you using?, error generated?, or anything else to let me understand what could be the cause.

Then not to badmouth anyone, but another user, little time ago, also reported some errors given during build (he only forgot to specify he was using the very first pre-release when they occurred)

some more specific informations to understand. logs or anything else?

• Like 1