LAbyOne

146 posts in this topic

@oSxFr33k

ok i see.

The package was not created because, to do that you should have the toolchain build and ready

To do so, the fisrt option you should use is at least Build All (option 5) that will take care of preparing all you need to create

whatever clover build you like later on

Now since you need to be able to build for legacy boot also, to make the installer package would be preferable if you choose

8 - Developer builds

Snapshot_23-06-12_03-10-39.png.01255b2a40bf32720e52cf722d242029.png

Then build a Release

1 or 2

depending on what you prefer Gcc or Xcode

and you'r done

Snapshot_23-06-12_03-11-05.png.f0bfc03bedc42f20bd80b18b2dedd611.png

When the build is done

the folder containing all Clover files pkg, zip, iso, and so on will pop up itself

Edited by LAbyOne
  • Like 1

Thanks for sharing this great tool.  If I re-execute ‘Build all ‘ does it perform a clean before it re-compiles and installs?   Is Xcode choice my best bet if the latest Xcode is installed on MacOS Ventura.  

Edited by oSxFr33k

@oSxFr33k

any build (gcc - xcode) has its own directory and installed files are overwritten by last toolchain used,

Yes Xcode must be present and CLI too (latest 14.3.1 has been reported working fine, I did not tested it yet, as 14.3 was not good,  I rolled back to 14.2)

you can choose build all, but you still need to build a release to produce also the boot6 which is the one you will be needing, to install legacy

Edited by LAbyOne
  • Thanks 2

So it should be done in an orderly way choosing the earlier menus to create a build release then move forward with Build All etc etc.   Do you have to install CLI separately or does this get installed when you install the app?  Is there a menu in the App that will have the option to install CLI.  

36 minutes ago, oSxFr33k said:

So it should be done in an orderly way choosing the earlier menus to create a build release then move forward with Build All etc etc.   Do you have to install CLI separately or does this get installed when you install the app?  Is there a menu in the App that will have the option to install CLI.  

xcode-select --install

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Little heads-up guys

just noticed a typo into Themes Downloader

so I replaced now the previous 2.0.4 with a corrected one

all those who already downloaded the file before 2023/06/12 h16:02

should replace that

Sorry for the trouble

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

this app in my x570 hack doesn't produce the desired result in any macOS version from mojave to ventura, i just miss testing with sonoma. Same thing for runme.command or trying buildme downloaded from github.

On Z370 platform all ok on all macOS

On 7/13/2023 at 1:17 PM, iCanaro said:

this app in my x570 hack doesn't produce the desired result in any macOS version from mojave to ventura, i just miss testing with sonoma. Same thing for runme.command or trying buildme downloaded from github.

On Z370 platform all ok on all macOS

@iCanaro You should probably specify what would be the desired result in order to give you a possible answer

For what I can understand reading your post, the problem seem to be elsewhere, since you can't apparently have any result no matter what tool you'r using (runme.command, buildme ...)

I have no problem at all running it on all System you mentioned, and having a working copy of the bootloader...

10 hours ago, axonleo said:

Hi, can i use this tool to create a working clover efi folder based on my hardware to install and boot big sur, monterey and ventura and get working power management for my x79 + 3930k cpu ?

@axonleo Sure, it will produce a working clover folder

then to boot the systems you mentioned, you should follow the suggestions to have working config.plist able to boot the systems as the may need different configurations (quirks) in order to work

Clover btw, let you have multiple configs in place and you can choose them at boot stage by entering Options menu then choosing the config you wish to use on a particular system

45 minutes ago, LAbyOne said:

@axonleo Sure, it will produce a working clover folder

then to boot the systems you mentioned, you should follow the suggestions to have working config.plist able to boot the systems as the may need different configurations (quirks) in order to work

Clover btw, let you have multiple configs in place and you can choose them at boot stage by entering Options menu then choosing the config you wish to use on a particular system

What suggestions do you mean btw... i dont know what settings or what to choose between legacy or uefi driver when creating clover in order to get Ventura booting and enable pm for my x79 and 3930k cpu ?

Edited by axonleo

8 minutes ago, axonleo said:

Okay I am in El capitan 10.11.6 and just downloaded v2.0.4 but when i double click the app nothing happens ?

when d/clicking it will appear into Menu Item bar as explained

the using the menu you launch the app

8 minutes ago, axonleo said:

What suggestions do you mean btw... i dont know what settings or what to choose between legacy or uefi driver when creating clover in order to get Ventura booting and enable pm for my x79 and 3930k cpu ?

Those are well explained on Clover Changes explanations

there you will find all info you need to boot clover and the changes to be applied on particular systems.

Your boot should be UEFI based anyway

Using Ventura, depending on your Graphic Card, you may also need to use OC to enable support for legacy dGPUs, as clover do not provide those patches.

I meant compiling Clover. Error examples on big sur:

[UPDATE CLOVER]

Fetching origin

remote: Enumerating objects: 8, done.

remote: Counting objects: 100% (8/8), done.

remote: Total 8 (delta 7), reused 8 (delta 7), pack-reused 0

Unpacking objects: 100% (8/8), 1.92 KiB | 218.00 KiB/s, done.

From https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader

7bec54ee8..9c3e5436a  master     -> origin/master

Fetching submodule OpenCorePkg

hint: Pulling without specifying how to reconcile divergent branches is

hint: discouraged. You can squelch this message by running one of the following

hint: commands sometime before your next pull:

hint: 

hint:   git config pull.rebase false  # merge (the default strategy)

hint:   git config pull.rebase true   # rebase

hint:   git config pull.ff only       # fast-forward only

hint: 

hint: You can replace "git config" with "git config --global" to set a default

hint: preference for all repositories. You can also pass --rebase, --no-rebase,

hint: or --ff-only on the command line to override the configured default per

hint: invocation.

From https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader

* branch                master     -> FETCH_HEAD

Updating f63935320..9c3e5436a

error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge:

CloverPackage/package/Resources/background.tiff

CloverPackage/package/po/clover.pot

buildgettext.sh

buildmtoc.sh

buildnasm.sh

Please commit your changes or stash them before you merge.

Aborting

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

Deleting expired sessions...none found.

[Processo completato]

------------

Processing meta-data 

.Architecture(s)  = X64

Build target     = RELEASE

Toolchain        = GCC131

Active Platform          = /Users/utente/Clover/CloverBootloader/Clover.dsc

.... done!

[CC] Acpi

[CC] DriverEntryPoint

[CC] DevicePathFromText

/Users/utente/Clover/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Library/UefiLib/Acpi.c: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault: 11

/Users/utente/Clover/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Library/UefiDriverEntryPoint/DriverEntryPoint.c: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault: 11

Please submit a full bug report, with preprocessed source (by using -freport-bug).

See <https://gcc.gnu.org/bugs/> for instructions.

Please submit a full bug report, with preprocessed source (by using -freport-bug).

See <https://gcc.gnu.org/bugs/> for instructions.

make: *** [/Users/utente/Clover/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC131/X64/MdePkg/Library/UefiDriverEntryPoint/UefiDriverEntryPoint/OUTPUT/DriverEntryPoint.obj] Error 1

make: *** [/Users/utente/Clover/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC131/X64/MdePkg/Library/UefiLib/UefiLib/OUTPUT/Acpi.obj] Error 1

build.py...

: error 7000: Failed to execute command

make tbuild [/Users/utente/Clover/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC131/X64/MdePkg/Library/UefiDriverEntryPoint/UefiDriverEntryPoint]

build.py...

make tbuild [/Users/utente/Clover/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC131/X64/MdePkg/Library/UefiLib/UefiLib]

build.py...

make tbuild [/Users/utente/Clover/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC131/X64/MdePkg/Library/UefiDevicePathLib/UefiDevicePathLib]

build.py...

make tbuild [/Users/utente/Clover/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC131/X64/MdePkg/Library/UefiRuntimeServicesTableLib/UefiRuntimeServicesTableLib]

build.py...

: error F002: Failed to build module

/Users/utente/Clover/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Library/UefiDriverEntryPoint/UefiDriverEntryPoint.inf [X64, GCC131, RELEASE]

- Failed -

Build end time: 16:01:07, Jul.09 2023

Build total time: 00:00:05

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Processo completato]

3 hours ago, LAbyOne said:

when d/clicking it will appear into Menu Item bar as explained

the using the menu you launch the app

Those are well explained on Clover Changes explanations

there you will find all info you need to boot clover and the changes to be applied on particular systems.

Your boot should be UEFI based anyway

Using Ventura, depending on your Graphic Card, you may also need to use OC to enable support for legacy dGPUs, as clover do not provide those patches.

i dont think i understand much from the clover change explanations info to be honest :( its too much and overwhelming for me😕

Could you make a clover efi folder based on my hardware that can boot ventura 13.4 so i can try and report back if the efi folder work or not ?

Maybe i can make some changes to the efi folder afterward if it doesnt work.

I tried to create something with you software/ script but its also complicated to understand and the xcode is not working properly in my el capitan so im not getting anywhere.

• 6 months later...

Thanks @LAbyOne im follow your GUID and using your Clover Suite Builder and my kexts and SSDTS and could install from USB installer Sonoma Beta 14.4 b2

Sleep with Intel Wireless im not sure if is possible. 

Thanks a lot to all and @MaLd0n for parameters from Olarila EFI folders. 

:D

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.cb086dc03eb28fa3104edb64c18d6b44.png

Spoiler

image.png.2daddb22d846df2bee56986c022a5370.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.35bb92591d15a56a31b4c3ce1d5c1ff0.png

Spoiler

image.png.a6cbfbee33a98e8fc13941c9a15f2304.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.097d290513452e293a1d55d2779fcd8f.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.4617f557fbde97d1700621e19ead29f8.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d8955a972021e7f50b0274ea8604ddba.png

2 hours ago, LAbyOne said:

@Max.1974

Glad everything worked out fine

Hi my dear friends @LAbyOne and @Slice 

Few words translated by Google:

"Thank you for all your efforts here, especially yours and Slice's, as well as others that I don't see much of, who are certainly behind all the magnificent evolution I've witnessed from Clover. Speaking with a good developer friend in Brazil, he was also surprised by the GIT HUB page that we didn't have much contact with, it was almost unknown. I see how proud you are to have participated here for over 2 decades and see how you go to great lengths to improve and evolve, and all in good spirits. I really thank everyone, and what a shame that there is no way to help the insanely website with more donations, but if there is a way to support Clover I will do so with greater pleasure. I know that Hackintosh is for a few brilliant souls, who stand out, I don't even know if they are even human hehehehe, but anyway they are wonderful and make millions of hard-headed people happy with me. Thanking is not enough, there are no more words. A Discord community is already populated by the news. Please share how much easier it is to deal with Clover. I still have a lot of configuration questions, but I'll definitely read everything I can, and ask for help here if I need it. I wanted to say that the Sonma 14.4 beta is without any defects, I didn't even see a crash, unlike when using Opencore. I can only ask that God bless everyone here, and long live Clover, Opencore, all of you, and Insanely. I apologize if my English is not translated well, but I know that you and your programs go far beyond expectations, they provide everything we need. Thank you forever!!!"

Christian Max PIcelli Correa from Brazil (Max.1974) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Can You Please Supply A Zipped Version As All The Apps I've Tried Result In Damaged File

• Like 1