Help to boot with Opencore

kali2000

19 posts in this topic

Hi again my friends...

I want migrate to Opencore bootloader but I can't boot with it.
With clover I haven't any problem.
@MaLd0nor another member... I need help with Opencore bootloader.
Can anyone see my EFI Folder and test it please?
Tranks in advance...

EFI.zip

Edited by kali2000

Maldon or other users do not have a magic ball to recognize what hardware it is from what you have uploaded. You should be familiar with the forum rules, so enter your hardware specification in your signature

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spakk said:

Maldon or other users do not have a magic ball to recognize what hardware it is from what you have uploaded. You should be familiar with the forum rules, so enter your hardware specification in your signature

Sorry... I updated it...

1 hour ago, Hervé said:

@kali2000 Seriously! Please! Signature, not Interests! And avoid comments, just stick to main specs. When you post full specs, do so once, in your opening post. You've been a member for 8 years, so a bit of common sense would be appreciated and is expected...

I can't send a full report because I can't boot with OpenCore, also, when I try to boot with OpenCore, all my boots entries are erased from the BIOS and I have to reset my BIOS to recover them.

please also post your working clover EFI so that I have a comparison.  since I have not worked with your laptop I am unable to assist without a working boot loader to compare settings with.  as your system is a laptop, there may also be some configuration needed in the firmware.

HBP

• Like 1

Ok... Send me file are my files from Clover and EFI file are my OpenCore files.
Also, after update to 10.15.7, my laptop have a new issue with Clover. My laptop restart when exit from sleep.

I ned help to fix sleep issue and help to boot with OpenCore.

Thanks in avance.

EFI

Send me MacBook-Pro-de-Kali.zip

Edited by kali2000

6 hours ago, BALDY_MAN said:

I believe  Yosemite 10.10.4 (14E46). was the last time your GPU was supported in Mac OS

Forgives? Until 10.15.4 I have had full work with my HD 4600 iGPU (QE/CI & HDMI), but since then, not even directly patching the framebuffer from the kext, I have had any luck.
I'm out of the picture for some time and I thought that now with OpenCore there might have been a way.
However, thank you for your comment.

1 hour ago, kali2000 said:

Forgives? Until 10.15.4 I have had full work with my HD 4600 iGPU (QE/CI & HDMI), but since then, not even directly patching the framebuffer from the kext, I have had any luck.
I'm out of the picture for some time and I thought that now with OpenCore there might have been a way.
However, thank you for your comment.

I Did not mention your CPU built in graphics (iGPU) The GPU. Your GeForce 820M. Driver support up to.Yosemite 10.10.4 (14E46)

12 hours ago, BALDY_MAN said:

I Did not mention your CPU built in graphics (iGPU) The GPU. Your GeForce 820M. Driver support up to.Yosemite 10.10.4 (14E46)

GeForce 820M is Optimus technology, it was never supported.

So... If anyone can help me to fix my HDMI connection from HD 46000, he is welcome...
My old methods are not properly and I can't fix it.

Thanks in advance...

Edited by kali2000

@HervéThanks a lot off for your reply.
I write a new device property with no luck to fix my HDMI.

105 & 204 ports, reboots my laptop when connect my HDMI, only with 306 port not reboot, but I don't have response nor of image and not audio.

I run out of ideas.

Could there be something in my DSDT that is preventing the HDMI patch?

See my files again please...

2129481773_Capturadepantalla2020-11-11alas1_41_58.png.a7a115d47390bda59ad0ac886d4085bf.png

Send me MacBook-Pro-de-Kali.zip

• 7 months later...