macOS Mojave 10.14.6 is Out

gengik84

92 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Slice said:

It is true that your Clover is rev 2953 as in signature? It will not work with Mojave.

Oops, sorry no - ignore that. I’m on the latest build (v2.5k r5058, released August 26). Since having this issue, I’ve tried:

1. Reset the BIOS to defaults
2. Updated all Lilu and related kexts.
3. Updated to latest clover, including newest EFI drivers

Unfortunately none of that helped. I am using VirtualSMC on the laptop - maybe I should try out FakeSMC.

Do you have any other suggestions or thoughts?

Edited by CoBrA2168

1 hour ago, CoBrA2168 said:

Oops, sorry no - ignore that. I’m on the latest build (v2.5k r5058, released August 26). Since having this issue, I’ve tried:

1. Reset the BIOS to defaults
2. Updated all Lilu and related kexts.
3. Updated to latest clover, including newest EFI drivers

Unfortunately none of that helped. I am using VirtualSMC on the laptop - maybe I should try out FakeSMC.

Do you have any other suggestions or thoughts?

I am not sure if reset BIOS to default is a good idea. It is better to tune BIOS according to common recomendation for Hackintosh.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Slice said:

I am not sure if reset BIOS to default is a good idea. It is better to tune BIOS according to common recomendation for Hackintosh.

I reset to default, and then reconfigured it specifically for my build (disabled secure boot and a few other things).  The machine in question is a Lenovo T440s laptop, which runs an i5-4200u (Haswell) processor.  I've been running macOS since 10.11 and this is the first time I've experienced this "slow after restart" oddness.

Other than trying out FakeSMC, I'm out of ideas.  Unless there's a Clover setting or something I can try as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoBrA2168 said:

I reset to default, and then reconfigured it specifically for my build (disabled secure boot and a few other things).  The machine in question is a Lenovo T440s laptop, which runs an i5-4200u (Haswell) processor.  I've been running macOS since 10.11 and this is the first time I've experienced this "slow after restart" oddness.

Other than trying out FakeSMC, I'm out of ideas.  Unless there's a Clover setting or something I can try as well.

Just my opinion: caches issue after update, is possible.

Do you try cyberdev's tool called MacOptimizer in Download section of this forum.

Edited by Matgen84

7 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Do you try cyberdev's tool called MacOptimizer in Download section of this forum.

No, not yet...what functions in that tool would be useful? I've already tried doing some of those things manually, such as rebuilding kext cache and the prelinked kernel.  I could try to clear nvram I suppose.

35 minutes ago, CoBrA2168 said:

No, not yet...what functions in that tool would be useful? I've already tried doing some of those things manually, such as rebuilding kext cache and the prelinked kernel.  I could try to clear nvram I suppose.

Test by yourself, if you want.

• Like 1

Guest ricoc90
2 minutes ago, Henry2010 said:

I deleted the post I made in the afternoon, as I have found the cause.

During the restart, I must manually select the macOS Installing (or was it Installer?) volume, instead of letting Clover continue to boot from the default Boot Volume.

Is this normal? Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

Well, I have the same "issue" but never really looked into it. On my Precision I manually have to select the installer, while on my Probook for instance I don't have to because Clover picks it up just fine.

On 8/28/2019 at 5:59 PM, MorenoAv said:

I updated with App Store and my version changed to 18G95 ... all works as it should ...

Is your ALC-1150 still working at 10.14.6(18G95) ?

Mine was broken after update to this version.

Can you share your version of AppleALC.kext if it's still working.

[Solved]

AppleALC.kext (1.3.9) broke it.

AppleALC.kext (1.2.7) fixed it.

Edited by jsl2000

Hi @jsl2000,

At this moment I'm not home, and I don't remeter what version of ALC I have in my hack.

When I arrive home I tell you all that...

Cheers

Now I'm at home my AppleALC is this....

Captura de ecrã 2019-09-04, às 20.31.26.png

Edited by MorenoAv

15 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

Hi @jsl2000,

At this moment I'm not home, and I don't remeter what version of ALC I have in my hack.

When I arrive home I tell you all that...

Cheers

Now I'm at home my AppleALC is this....

Captura de ecrã 2019-09-04, às 20.31.26.png

Thanks for your kind and prompt help.

Since update to 10.14.5 or higher my Z87 hackintosh loss of Realtek RTL8168G/8111G networking and ALC-1150 audio function from /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.

The only solution at present was to install RTL8111.kext and Lilu/AppleALC.kext in /System/Library/Extensions and rebuild prelinkedkernel.

In Z97 hackintosh I need rollback AppleALC from 1.3.9 to 1.2.7 in /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.

Did you suffer from the same issue ?

Edited by jsl2000

Hi @jsl2000

No I haven't that problem since early Mojave, I have updated the kexts as soon as they are available, and it works well, but I should mention that my main hack in another separated ssd with Catalina, and I have only one clover that boots Mojave on another ssd...

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/17/2019 at 7:39 AM, Matgen84 said:

Hi 

Any body Knows why there are two 10.14.6 18G103 in Apple Catalog with two date in October:

Capture d’écran 2019-10-17 à 06.36.40.png

Probably one of them is special release for T2 Macs.

• Like 1