OpenCore Configurator

notiflux
76 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, this project has come to a halt, at least for now. I don't have enough time to work on the project and it's lacking behind, so please don't use it for configuring OpenCore, it will produce broken configuration files.

I will leave the source code on GitHub, so in case someone wants to take over the project, they can.

original post:

Spoiler

OpenCore Configurator

A tool for creating and editing OpenCore configuration files. It's still in a very early stage, so if you find bugs, please let me know.

Important note: Always keep a backup of your current config before opening it with this program. This is alpha software, stuff may break! 

Features

• Auto-add entries for ACPI files in OC/ACPI/Custom
  • Auto-add entries for kexts in OC/Kexts
  • Sort kexts, ACPI files, ACPI patches and Kernel patches
  • Generate SMBIOS with macserial
  • EFI partition mounter
  • Paste ACPI patches in plist format (Clover or OC patches) 

Coming soon

• convert clover config.plist into OC format
  • In-app updater (OCC and macserial)

Known Bugs

• File > new does not work yet (opens, but crashes on save)
  • Some malformed configs may still cause the program to crash. If that is the case, please upload that config so I can fix the issue

Credits

vit9696 for OpenCore and macserial
Download-Fritz for OpenCore and for helping me understand the ins and outs of its configuration
xmari0 for helping me debug various issues
CorpNewt for motivating me to write this app

OpenCore Configurator Source

Edited by notiflux
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, notiflux said:

I hope this is not off-topic, but I've written an OpenCore Configurator, would be nice if you guys could check it out. It's still in a very early stage, so if you find bugs, please let me know. I wanted to open a new thread for this, but unfortunately I don't have permission to create threads in this subforum

OpenCore-Configurator_alpha10.zip

We in discord have been using @WarDocs logo. :thumbsup_anim::P:wink_anim: and the app is good. 

Screenshot 2019-05-08 at 17.37.28.png

OpenCoreLogos.png.2256ba25c4a473571be6c8e4b549fe3f.png

• Like 2

@pico joe @iCanaro can both of you upload the config that crashes the program? 

@chris1111 @headkaze I appreciate the efforts, but the icon is only temporary anyway until the official OC logo is published. I have actually changed the icon yesterday already, the changes aren't upstream yet though. I will publish a new build with the latest icon and fixes in a bit

• Like 1

no attempt to open config OCC crash by itself

nessun tentativo di aprire config OCC crash da solo

high sierra --> crash

mojave --> OK

Edited by iCanaro

Attached is the crash report file i am not able to find the info what you need you are the developer maybe you can handle better

Crashe.zip

the crash happen when try to open the config.plist it just crash

Edited by Rockey12

We on the Offical Insanelymac Discord Fully support any tool that makes the user experience better with opencore So thank you for the ugly logo and hard work

12 minutes ago, WarDoc said:

We on the Offical Insanelymac Discord Fully support any tool that makes the user experience better with opencore So thank you for the ugly logo and hard work

I agree amazing tool so far and i'm 100% behind it. :D

• Like 2

I guess the configurator will just evolve as OC does. Not all users will be able to read that manual and will reply on a Configurator to help users get the best from their Hacks. Any tool to make it easier to implement will be supported here.

• Like 3

Just now, MacFriedIntel said:

I guess the configurator will just evolve as OC does. Not all users will be able to read that manual and will reply on a Configurator to help users get the best from their Hacks. Any tool to make it easier to implement will be supported here.

unless its written for normal users and not just in dev speak