notiflux

OpenCore Configurator

78 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, this project has come to a halt, at least for now. I don't have enough time to work on the project and it's lacking behind, so please don't use it for configuring OpenCore, it will produce broken configuration files.

I will leave the source code on GitHub, so in case someone wants to take over the project, they can.

original post:

Spoiler

OpenCore Configurator

A tool for creating and editing OpenCore configuration files. It's still in a very early stage, so if you find bugs, please let me know.

Important note: Always keep a backup of your current config before opening it with this program. This is alpha software, stuff may break! 

Features

• Auto-add entries for ACPI files in OC/ACPI/Custom
  • Auto-add entries for kexts in OC/Kexts
  • Sort kexts, ACPI files, ACPI patches and Kernel patches
  • Generate SMBIOS with macserial
  • EFI partition mounter
  • Paste ACPI patches in plist format (Clover or OC patches) 

Coming soon

• convert clover config.plist into OC format
  • In-app updater (OCC and macserial)

Known Bugs

• File > new does not work yet (opens, but crashes on save)
  • Some malformed configs may still cause the program to crash. If that is the case, please upload that config so I can fix the issue

Credits

vit9696 for OpenCore and macserial
Download-Fritz for OpenCore and for helping me understand the ins and outs of its configuration
xmari0 for helping me debug various issues
CorpNewt for motivating me to write this app

OpenCore Configurator Source

Edited by notiflux

Advertisement
20 minutes ago, notiflux said:

I hope this is not off-topic, but I've written an OpenCore Configurator, would be nice if you guys could check it out. It's still in a very early stage, so if you find bugs, please let me know. I wanted to open a new thread for this, but unfortunately I don't have permission to create threads in this subforum

OpenCore-Configurator_alpha10.zip

We in discord have been using @WarDocs logo. :thumbsup_anim::P:wink_anim: and the app is good. 

Screenshot 2019-05-08 at 17.37.28.png

OpenCoreLogos.png.2256ba25c4a473571be6c8e4b549fe3f.png

@SavageAUS only for ACPI patches. Just open the clover config.plist in xcode or any text editor and copy either the whole Patches array or a single patch dict and paste it into the acpi>patch table

HI @notiflux

maybe you like this Icon ?

OC.png.9ad74d6c0fc8cfb8e548d7bff670cd86.png

attaching here Icon.icns 512x512 pixels

Icon.icns.zip

Another approach icons 512x512 pixels

OC-Icons.png.9f2a5b6b19fe82b03d295eb04a0ab5a5.png

attaching here Icon.icns 512x512 pixels

OC-Icon.icns.zip

Edited by chris1111

@pico joe @iCanaro can both of you upload the config that crashes the program? 

@chris1111 @headkaze I appreciate the efforts, but the icon is only temporary anyway until the official OC logo is published. I have actually changed the icon yesterday already, the changes aren't upstream yet though. I will publish a new build with the latest icon and fixes in a bit

no attempt to open config OCC crash by itself

nessun tentativo di aprire config OCC crash da solo

high sierra --> crash

mojave --> OK

Edited by iCanaro

Attached is the crash report file i am not able to find the info what you need you are the developer maybe you can handle better

Crashe.zip

the crash happen when try to open the config.plist it just crash

Edited by Rockey12

We on the Offical Insanelymac Discord Fully support any tool that makes the user experience better with opencore So thank you for the ugly logo and hard work

12 minutes ago, WarDoc said:

We on the Offical Insanelymac Discord Fully support any tool that makes the user experience better with opencore So thank you for the ugly logo and hard work

I agree amazing tool so far and i'm 100% behind it. :D

I guess the configurator will just evolve as OC does. Not all users will be able to read that manual and will reply on a Configurator to help users get the best from their Hacks. Any tool to make it easier to implement will be supported here.

Just now, MacFriedIntel said:

I guess the configurator will just evolve as OC does. Not all users will be able to read that manual and will reply on a Configurator to help users get the best from their Hacks. Any tool to make it easier to implement will be supported here.

unless its written for normal users and not just in dev speak

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By bufferoverflow
      I've a working Hackintosh but I'm trying to migrate to Opencore. I'm following Vanilla Guide to configure Opencore. I'm able to boot but it fails after entering password for FileVault. Here is the error message and list of file in my Opencore EFI folder. Link to my EFI folder. Help to fix it is appreciated.

• By ChrisWayg
      In Clover there is ForceKextsToLoad. What is the equivalent method in OpenCore?
      I want to force /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext to load from S/L/E as it is required by AirPortAtheros40.kext which I am loading via OpenCore, without copying IO80211Family.kext to EFI/OC/Kexts/

Relevant Specs: Opencore 0.5.4, macOS Mojave 10.14.6, Wifi: TP-Link WDN4800 (AR9380)
    • By n.d.k
      After several weeks of testing OC bootloader,  disecting its source code and also Clover's source code as well, I finally switch from Clover to OC as my main bootloader. Wait! don't get the wrong idea that OpenCore is better than Clover. They both work equally well, producing a bootable macOS as an end result with simliar boot time. OC design direction is different with Clover, I believe it's not intended as a Clover replacement, but more narrowing down to macOS specifically. However, macOS is not the only OS that i am using, so, i decided to add some minimal necessary source code modification to the OC to get some of the features I need. I like to share my customized OC forked https://github.com/n-d-k/OpenCorePkg , you have to compile it yourself if you want, i will not provide pre build binary.    

Additional features/changes:
      ============

[ Multi-Boot ]
        - ACPI patches are optional for non macOS with setting ACPI->Quirks->EnableForAll to yes (default is no).
        - Booter Quirtks, SMBIOS and Device Properties patches will only applied to macOS.

[ Hotkeys ]
        - Full functional Hotkeys [1-9] corresponding to Boot Entry's Index number and dedicated W (Windows) / X (macOS) keys can be used without seeing Boot Picker.

[ Boot Picker ]
        - Bios Date/time, auto boot to the same OS or manual set to always boot one OS mode, and OC version are displayed in boot picker.
        - Auto boot to previous booted OS (if Misc->Security->AllowSetDefault is NO/false).
        - macOS Recovery/Tools Entries are hidden by default, use Spacebar in Boot Menu as a toggle on/off to show/hide hidden entries.

[ Custom Entries ]
         - Custom entries are now listed first in picker menu and by the orders they are appeared in Misc->Boot->Entries, before all other entries.
         - Individual custom entry can be set hidden using Misc->Entries->Item 0->Hidden (Boolean).
         - Ability to change entry name found by auto scanner by adding custom entry with the exact same device path,
           this will give users the option to complete change how all boot entries listed in Boot Picker.

[ Others ]
         - No verbose apfs.efi driver loading (if using apfs.efi instead of ApfsDriverLoader.efi).
         - Fixed the unmatched 1st and 2nd stages boot Apple logo (* To ensure a match, set Misc->Boot->Resolution to match with one in macOS preferences,
           and to better boot menu text visibility for 4k+ display, set Misc->Boot->ConsoleMode to Max).
          - ndk-macbuild.tool script are set to compile with latest edk2 (One can easily set to stable edk2 if prefer).
          - NvmExpressDxe driver build script are also available for system without native nvme support. (Compatible with OC and Clover).

Usage:
       - To build OpenCore, run "./ndk-macbuild.tool" at Terminal (require Xcode and Xcode Command Line Tool installed, and open xcode to accept license agreement before compiling).
       - To build NvmExpressDxe driver, run "./buildnvme.sh".

* The fix is by setting the screen resolution before starting the apple boot.efi image back to the setting of the Misc->Boot->Resolution, where the setting of Misc->Boot->ConsoleMode doesn't have the same resolution as screen resolution setting.

• By valueimagery
      Hello,
      I have almost succesfully converted from Clover to OpenCore 0.5.4 following this Vanilla Guide by khronokernel
      https://khronokernel-2.gitbook.io/opencore-vanilla-desktop-guide/

Just an issue with the ethernet intelmausiethernet.kext injecting...
      SOLVED - the sample plist default kernel entry for Ethernet BOOLEAN is NO.  I changed to the kext name correctly, but oversaw to make the simple change to YES!

OC 0.5.4
      OSX 10.15.2
      ASUS Rog Maximus X Code Bios v2203 (uses Intel® I219V)
      i7 8700k w/ AMD RX 580 Sapphire Nitro+ SE

The latest kext is in my EFI/OC/Kexts folder with the other latest kexts that have loaded properly.  It seems to be entered correctly in the config.plist like the other latest kexts.  But the service is inactive and there is no Ethernet connection.  Airport works fine.

I ran kextstat in terminal and could confirm that the kext was not loaded. Nor did en0 report anything with IoRegistryExplorer
      The only way I was able to get ethernet to work was by manually installing the kext into the L/E/ folder via ##### and after reboot.
      I can confirm ethernet is now working and reports as loaded with kextstat, and the device populates in IoRegistryExplorer.
      I know ##### sn't the proper way to install kexts so reaching out for some advice if I've done anything wrong with my config.plist
      Possibly an issue with OC version 0.5.4? I know everything is still BETA.
      Attached is my EFI folder with serial removed
      EFI.zip