OpenCore Configurator

notiflux
76 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, vit9696 said:

Depends on what you mean really. These releases are pretty much official, despite the requirement of more technical audience. Take your time if you need it though.

Oh, I was assuming it was still not an official release yet because of "WARNING: This release is a developer preview".

6 minutes ago, alexboro3191 said:

Configured and installed itself "OpenCore" under UEFI. Everything flies, the system boots in 8 seconds,but I can not understand how to register FakeID video card.Who knows?

You should use Device Properties to fake a device-id in needed or use a SSDT.

• Like 1

Just now, alexboro3191 said:

Я так и прописывал device-id 67981002,но ничего не происходит.Видимо чего-то не хватает.

English only please

Just now, alexboro3191 said:

I prescribed device-id 67981002,but nothing happens.Apparently something is missing.

Either upload your config or provide a screenshot of how you have the device properties set.

1 minute ago, alexboro3191 said:

Снимок экрана 2019-07-09 в 5.31.24.png

OpenCore Configurator currently does not work, you should be editing your configs with Xcode or PlistEditor Pro.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

***** Greetings from JPN,

Though I am a beginner of how-to-use-OpenCore-Loader, but I like this OpenCore loader - rather than Clover boot  since this OpenCore loader is load-less foot work ,  and nice friend for my Catalina public beta 3 code.

Today, it is the 1st day for me to run this "OpenCore Configurator", but my lovely config.plist was NEVER READ(open) by this tool.

Therefore, Let me send it for your further testing/improving.

Note) At the 1st time to use OpenCore loader, I spent a half-day to create " from the sample list to my customized config.plist" - one by one manually.

Therefore, I expect a lot for your general release 1.0.0 of OpenCore Configurator.

Best regards.

Config.plist

Edited by Faster4Run
Typo correcting

5 hours ago, Faster4Run said:

***** Greetings from JPN,

Though I am a beginner of how-to-use-OpenCore-Loader, but I like this OpenCore loader - rather than Clover boot  since this OpenCore loader is load-less foot work ,  and nice friend for my Catalina public beta 3 code.

Today, it is the 1st day for me to run this "OpenCore Configurator", but my lovely config.plist was NEVER READ(open) by this tool.

Therefore, Let me send it for your further testing/improving.

Note) At the 1st time to use OpenCore loader, I spent a half-day to create " from the sample list to my customized config.plist" - one by one manually.

Therefore, I expect a lot for your general release 1.0.0 of OpenCore Configurator.

Best regards.

Config.plist

OpenCore Configurator is not ready to be used to create a config. It is still in development. Use Xcode to make your config.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, dracoflar said:

@arsradu Yeah, it's AppleXcpmCfgLock

Yep. Found it. Thank you!

Now I can boot with OC! :D Awesome.

By the way, I managed to find a pretty good (at least in my opinion) getting started guide, which helped me quite a lot. Might be useful to other people, as well.

Here it is: https://github.com/khronokernel/Getting-Started-With-OpenCore

2 hours ago, arsradu said:

Yep. Found it. Thank you!

Now I can boot with OC! :D Awesome.

By the way, I managed to find a pretty good (at least in my opinion) getting started guide, which helped me quite a lot. Might be useful to other people, as well.

Here it is: https://github.com/khronokernel/Getting-Started-With-OpenCore

@arsradu Oh that's actually my old guide, you might find the newer one more useful as it's the one I'm actively working on with Vit9696: https://khronokernel-2.gitbook.io/opencore-vanilla-desktop-guide/

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, dracoflar said:

@arsradu Oh that's actually my old guide, you might find the newer one more useful as it's the one I'm actively working on with Vit9696: https://khronokernel-2.gitbook.io/opencore-vanilla-desktop-guide/

LOL

Well, nicely done! Both of them. :)) Definitely helped me a lot.

@vit9696 I would suggest having this guide linked to the official documentation on Github (in case you weren't planning on doing that already :D ). Very well done. And I think it will be really useful in the future when ordinary people will start using OpenCore. :) 

Of course, just my opinion.

Edited by arsradu

• 3 months later...
12 hours ago, Andrey1970 said:

Here a topic about other OpenCore Configurator.

Look at the first post.

Don't shoot the messenger.  Check the site where you get Clover Configurator.  Mackie100

I hate all the pushed ads and videos.  That's true on this site as well.