[Guide 2018] Z820 - HIGH SIERRA, The great guide (Sucess)

bilbo

607 posts in this topic

On 2/23/2022 at 8:20 PM, theroadw said:

I was going to sell my Z820, so I erased my system drive, but after the deal didn't pan out, I decided to keep it for now, so I rebuilt my system drive, and found a couple of things.

Since it was a new build I decided to give OC a try and found it works but with a big issue. The NVRAM gets corrupted and you can get stuck with a black screen, fans spinning but no bios splash screen. nothing, nada. also no way to reset the bios, CMOS reset, disconnecting power, etc... nothing works. Made me think the motherboard was toast. The only way to get it back from a "bricked" state was to switch the crisis recovery jumper and power on with a USB2 thumb drive (smaller than 1GB formatted in MSDOS MBR with a copy of the Bios.bin file in the top directory). The Z820 read from the drive, but I doubt it wrote/changed anything in the bios itself, but at least it wiped the NVRAM clean and the system came back to life. (Another option that also worked sometimes was to remove a ram DIMM and/or move it to a different slot, forcing the system to rebuild it's cache and clear the error to at least a bootable state where I could reset the bios to factory defaults.

Another glitch I found is that the internal USB3 controller doesn't get turned off on shutdown, so what happens is that the Z820 never really shuts down, but actually it reboots on shutdown and shows an error screen on OSX boot. I have a separate USB3 card so I just disabled the internal USB3 Controller and the problem went away. There is a dortania USB shutdown fix that could also potentially solve this, and also maybe forcing OC to use emulated NVRAM may solve the corruption problem, but I'll leave those tests to someone else. In the end I used the hotpatch method for fixing HPET, IRQ's, USB names, etc... using SSDT's and ACPI renames, but using Clover since it doesn't corrupt my NVRAM. (No DSDT editing/patching needed)

For PM I just dropped the CPU DEF and PM Tables and replaced them with mine, and by doing this I also found that the order in which they are loaded makes or breaks PM, so I believe this was probably the old ghost in the machine for E5-2667's and why PM was hit or miss. When ssdtPRGen generates a new SSDT, this new CPU-PM file is simply named SSDT.aml, and it loads before SSDT-CPU-DEF.aml, so PM doesn't work because the CPU devices haven't been defined by the time the PM makes references to them. By simply naming the ssdtPRGen generated file SSDT-2.aml and the CPU-DEF SSDT-1.aml, then PM works flawlessly and without the need for any other patches in the OS or any other kexts.

@theroadw  In helping out a friend with 2643V2 on Z820, I have finally figure out, I believe, on how to patch the CpuDef table properly. None of published ones, from this forum, including ones from yours, worked under OpenCore for me. The patch turned out to be simple, but subtle. Here are two files I created for 2667V2, tested on my setup. Also need to enable "Drop Oem CpuDef" (tableId: <43707544 65660000>). No need to drop Oem CpuPm. You are welcome to give it a shot, on your system. Just create an USB with EFI, you should be able to boot up your existing install. You may use my OC 071 EFI (for Catalina/Big Sur), or 078 EFI (for Big Sur/Monterey), from my earlier post above. Best regards! 

SSDT-1-2667V2-CpuDef.aml SSDT-2667V2.aml

Edited by Bill Huang

Hello to everyone!

After an unsuccessful try with BillDH2k's EFI from his GitHub's repository (not so unsuccessful at all, the Monterey upgrade was made with his EFI), I've tried a manual OC update from my 0.6.3 to 0.8.0 and everything worked!

My HP Z620 is now on macOS 12.3.1! ^__^

Time to update my signature again!!!

Have fun everyone!

Best regards.

AC

Z620 Monterey 20220421.jpg

2 hours ago, antonio.clb said:

Hello to everyone!

After an unsuccessful try with BillDH2k's EFI from his GitHub's repository (not so unsuccessful at all, the Monterey upgrade was made with his EFI), I've tried a manual OC update from my 0.6.3 to 0.8.0 and everything worked!

My HP Z620 is now on macOS 12.3.1! ^__^

Time to update my signature again!!!

Have fun everyone!

Best regards.

AC

Z620 Monterey 20220421.jpg

Wonderful job!  One question to you: are you booting directly from the Samsung  NVME drive? I wouldn't thought it was possible, without hosting the EFI on a regular Sata drive. 

Also, I've received feedbacks from people having issue with AppleIntelE1000.kext, unable to boot NVMe, as well as KP for some configurations. Switching to IntelMausi.kext solved the problem, but then only one LAN port support. Just wondering if it was the same issue you were encountering with my EFI.

BTW, your OC 063 EFI helped me tremendously to get things going in my earlier days of Hackintoshing the Z820's! Thanks a lot!

Edited by Bill Huang

1 hour ago, Bill Huang said:

Wonderful job!  One question to you: are you booting directly from the Samsung  NVME drive? I wouldn't thought it was possible, without hosting the EFI on a regular Sata drive. 

Also, I've received feedbacks from people having issue with AppleIntelE1000.kext, unable to boot NVMe, as well as KP for some configurations. Switching to IntelMausi.kext solved the problem, but then only one LAN port support. Just wondering if it was the same issue you were encountering with my EFI.

BTW, your OC 063 EFI helped me tremendously to get things going in my earlier days of Hackintoshing the Z820's! Thanks a lot!

Hi Bill and thanks again for your awesome work!

My EFI partition(s) are hosted in both SATA drives: ZX20 machines do not support NVMe boot AFAIK.

AppleIntelE1000.kext is working fine for me with both gigabit ports working well. I'll try to find some time to investigate more and test the IntelMausi.kext. My issue was a total freeze a few seconds after login screen appearance.

I'm very happy my OC 0.6.3 EFI was useful for you! Tomorrow I'll share my 0.8.0 hoping to help further!

All the best for you and your beloved ones!

AC

• 1 month later...

Many thanks to Bill H, Antonio and all of you other smart people....  I revisited my Z620/E5-1660 and swithced out a GTX1060 for a RX580 and with  OpenCore 0.7.1 its now running Big Sur 11.6.6.

To my surprise the HP SAS9212-4i card works via the Astec Corp driver.
Now if only the USB3 and Sleep would work that would complete the machine.

I'm going to try a Monterey install next on another disk and see where that leads.

Thanks again

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried using add-in NIC cards on their Z820 hackintosh? I have a Supermicro/Intel X540-based 10G card which I have modified to the correct device ID using ethtool on Ubuntu. The card works perfectly fine in other Hacks I have along with a real 5,1 mac pro, using the small tree 82599 drivers.

However in my Z820, it just shows up as "Ethernet card" and "driver loaded = no" in system profiler, and no additional ports show up in system preferences.

For giggles, i started swapping out other known-good NIC cards that I have on hand and *none* of them will load properly in the z820.... I tried a PCI-based RTL8169, Intel Pro 1000, a quad-port Intel, and a fiber X520 I have... these all work fine in other machines with the small tree or realtek drivers, but on here they are seen by the system but never load. 

I tried using FakePCIID kext, along with FakePCIID_Intel_GbX.kext, which changed the status in System profiler to "driver loaded = yes", but there are still no additional ports I can add in Network, and "Ethernet Cards" in system profiler still only shows the two built-in NICs.

Is there some kind of DSDT/SSDT modification required to use additional NICs with these machines? I am running Mojave 10.14.6, and have tried various versions of Clover to no avail.

***EDIT***

This seems to be something specific to the z820, making me think its a DSDT/SSDT edit to make it work. As I mentioned above, the two cards I have are working fine in other Hackintoshes with the Small Tree drivers. For testing purposes, I put one of these cards into a HighPoint Thunderbolt enclosure. On my ASRock z87 hackintosh with onboard thunderbolt, the card works fine in the enclosure. It also works fine in my i7 2018 mac mini connected through the enclosure. My z820 has Thunderbolt card installed, works fine with my UAD Apollo and Satellite Octo, so I know Thunderbolt works. Plug in the 10g card, its the same behavior. Shows up in system profiler as "Ethernet" and does not load the driver. 

I am using the 3.94 DSDT from the original guide files, along with custom SSDT edits for my 2667 v2 CPUs. Clover version is 5099. 

***EDIT 2***

Finally got the 10GB Nic to work. It seems the trick was to, within Clover Configurator, to add specific slot-based entries under "Slots AAPL injections" on the SMBIOS page, for the specific slot (Slot 3) that I had this card installed in. After that, voila, it showed up in System Preferences and I was able to configure and use it using smalltree drivers.

As a side note this also fixed several cosmetic issues for other slots as well, such as my WX7100 showing as being plugged into the "firewire" slot... 😕

now to figure out why Thunderbolt disks won't mount....

Edited by refinery
fixed the issue

• 3 months later...

OpenCore EFI for HP Z420-Z620-Z820 (0.8.4/0.7.1)

(9/15/2022) Release 3.0 - Updated to OC 0.8.4. Added new kernel patches to enable full CPU Power Management for Sandy-Bridge CPUs (V1 Xeons)

Updated main EFI to OC 0.8.4. Added new kernel patches to enable full CPU Power Management for Sandy-Bridge Xeon's (V1 verions, all motherboard revisions). Details under the Release History section below.

About this EFI

OpenCore loader (0.8.4 & 0.7.1) for HP workstations Z420/Z620/Z820. Support macOS Catalina (10.15.7) to Monterey (12.6 tested).

Supported Hardware

• HP Z420/Z620/Z820 (BIOS 3.96, all motherboard revisions)
  • CPUs: E5-1600/2600 V1 Xeon's (Sandy-Bridge) or V2 Xeon's (Ivy-Bridge)
  • Required BIOS Settings: Enable UEFI boot, set SATA to AHCI mode, Disable Vt-d, and enable "Legacy ACPI Tables".

EFI Folders (Two Versions):

• EFI with OC 0.8.4

• Support Big Sur and Monterey. Fresh install or update.
  • EFI with OC 0.7.1

• Mainly for supporting Catalina OS
    • Support Catalina/Big Sur (fresh install or update), Monterey (boot to existing install only)
    • Monterey install/update must use the newer EFI (0.8.4). Update from Catalina to Monterey must be done by booting up an USB Monterey installation stick.
  • Choose the Correct config.plist

• For Sandy-bridge CPUs (V1 Xeon's), use config_SandyCPUs.plist (rename it to config.plist)
    • For Ivy-bridge CPUs (V2 Xeon's), use config_IvyCPUs.plist (rename it to config.list)
    • If you have 2643V2, 2667V2, or 2687w V2 CPUs, use the corresponding customized config_26XXV2.plist.
  • Other Installation Note 

• Network LAN driver choice: For Z420 (Single LAN port), use IntelMausi.kext. For Z620/Z820 (Dual LAN ports), use AppleIntelE1000e.kext. Otherwise, you may experience random system lock up, especially true if NvMe SSD (via PCI-E adapter) is used.
    • Currently AppleIntelE1000e.kext is enabled by default in the config.list.

• What Works:

• CPU Power Management (all processor models)
    • On-board Audio via AppleALC (Front/Back Jacks, internal speaker)
    • USB2 ports, Ethernet, On-Board SAS (Z820 only)
    • USB3 (Catalina only)
  • What Not Work:

• Sleep/Wake (Must disable from macOS, System Preference->Energy Saver->Prevent computer from sleeping)
    • USB3 ports not working under Big Sur or higher (no driver support for the TI chip)

Pre/Post-Install:

• You must generate and add your own Serial # & Board ID to config.plist

• For full CPU power management, replace "SSDT-CPUPM.aml" (in ACPI folder) with one matching your CPU model. I have provided a few in the ACPI folder. Simply overwrite "SSDT-CPUPM.aml" with an appropriate file. If you have a different CPU not listed, you need to run ssdtPRGen (link) to create a new SSDT file. Additional instruction can be found here: bilbo's "Z820 - High Sierra, the Great Guide" (link). If you have a mismatched CPU, you might experience booting issue. In this case, simply disable SSDT-CPUPM.aml from config.plist. macOs will run without CPU power management. Once up running, you can generate a correct SSDT file specific to your CPU.

• For 2643V2/2667V2/2687w V2 CPUs, use one of the pre-made config_xxx.plist, which include special patched CpuDef table. Without it, macOS won't boot.

Credits:

• bilbo's "Z820 - High Sierra, the Great Guide" (here). Also many of the follow-up posts in the same forum. My build wouldn't possible without these guy's work.
  • Dortania's OpenCore Install Guide (Here)

**** NOTE ****: 

I post the EFI (084) folder only, due to size limitation. The complete EFI's are in my GitHub repository at gitbub.com, search for "Hackintosh-HP-Z420-Z620-Z820-OpenCore". 

ZX20-OpenCore (0.8.4).zip

Edited by BillDH2k
Fixed corrupted USBInjectAll.kext
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Bill Huang said:

OpenCore EFI for HP Z420-Z620-Z820 (0.8.4/0.7.1)

(9/15/2022) Release 3.0 - Updated to OC 0.8.4. Added new kernel patches to enable full CPU Power Management for Sandy-Bridge CPUs (V1 Xeons)

About this EFI

OpenCore loader (0.8.4 & 0.7.1) for HP workstations Z420/Z620/Z820. Support macOS Catalina (10.15.7) to Monterey (12.6 tested).

Supported Hardware

• HP Z420/Z620/Z820 (BIOS 3.96, all motherboard revisions)
  • CPUs: E5-1600/2600 V1 Xeon's (Sandy-Bridge) or V2 Xeon's (Ivy-Bridge)
  • Required BIOS Settings: Enable UEFI boot, set SATA to AHCI mode, Disable Vt-d, and enable "Legacy ACPI Tables".

EFI Folders (Two Versions):

• EFI with OC 0.8.4

• Support Big Sur and Monterey. Fresh install or update.
  • EFI with OC 0.7.1:

• Mainly for supporting Catalina OS
    • Support Catalina/Big Sur (fresh install or update), Monterey (boot to existing install only)
    • Monterey install/update must use the newer EFI (0.8.4). Update from Catalina to Monterey must be done by booting up an USB Monterey installation stick.
  • Choose the Correct config.plist

• For Sandy-bridge CPUs (V1 Xeon's), use config_SandyCPUs.plist (rename it to config.plist)
    • For Ivy-bridge CPUs (V2 Xeon's), use config_IvyCPUs.plist (rename it to config.list)
    • If you have 2643V2, 2667V2, or 2687w V2 CPUs, use the corresponding customized config_26XXV2.plist.

• What Works:

• CPU Power Power Management (all processor models)
    • On-board Audio via AppleALC (Front/Back Jacks, internal speaker)
    • USB2 ports, Ethernet, On-Board SAS (Z820 only)
    • USB3 (Catalina only)
  • What Not Work:

• Sleep/Wake (Must disable from macOS, System Preference->Energy Saver->Prevent computer from sleeping)
    • USB3 ports not working under Big Sur or higher (no driver support for the TI chip)

Credits:

• bilbo's "Z820 - High Sierra, the Great Guide" (here). Also many of the follow-up posts in the same forum. My build wouldn't possible without these guy's work.
  • Dortania's OpenCore Install Guide (Here)

**** NOTE ****: 

You can find my GitHub repository at gitbub.com, search for "Hackintosh-HP-Z420-Z620-Z820-OpenCore". I can't posted here since the total file size bigger than 10MB.

Really awesome work, thanks a lot matey! Time to upgrade again my sleeping beast!

AC

12 hours ago, antonio.clb said:

Really awesome work, thanks a lot matey! Time to upgrade again my sleeping beast!

AC

BTW, I've used this tool, OCAT (instruction here), to update OC. Just a few clicks, job done! Highly recommend, in case you are not aware of it.

Best regard!

Bill

Edited by Bill Huang
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2022 at 9:00 AM, antonio.clb said:

Wow! Great tip, thanks a lot!

I'll definitely try it for my 0.8.0 to 0.8.4 update!

Best regards.

AC

I've just successfully updated my OC from 0.8.0 to 0.8.4 with the help of this awesome tool.

Thanks a lot again for the tip Bill!

The only thing I can't figure out is how to upgrade from Monterey 12.3.1 to 12.6: Software Update is not proposing me anything... Any advice?

Best regards.

AC

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2022 at 4:08 PM, antonio.clb said:

I've just successfully updated my OC from 0.8.0 to 0.8.4 with the help of this awesome tool.

Thanks a lot again for the tip Bill!

The only thing I can't figure out is how to upgrade from Monterey 12.3.1 to 12.6: Software Update is not proposing me anything... Any advice?

Best regards.

AC

I had run into similar problem for not showing the latest Monterey update. Strangely this did not occur in every machine. I ended up download the full installer, then luanched the install from the desktop directly. It did take longer than the increamental update package.

Goodluck!

BDH 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BillDH2k said:

I had run into similar problem for not showing the latest Monterey update. Strangely this did not occur in every machine. I ended up download the full installer, then luanched the install from the desktop directly. It did take longer than the increamental update package.

Goodluck!

BDH 

Hi BillDH2k!

Actually I've upgraded just like you said and everything went fine.

I've also tried a Ventura beta install but without success: after phase 1 my Z620 enters and endless reboot loop... Maybe it's something related to NVMe but, unfortunately, I had no time to investigate more. I'm sticking with Monterey 12.6: time to update my signature again!

Best regards and thanks for your (and everyone's else here) precious work!

AC

6 hours ago, antonio.clb said:

Hi BillDH2k!

Actually I've upgraded just like you said and everything went fine.

I've also tried a Ventura beta install but without success: after phase 1 my Z620 enters and endless reboot loop... Maybe it's something related to NVMe but, unfortunately, I had no time to investigate more. I'm sticking with Monterey 12.6: time to update my signature again!

Best regards and thanks for your (and everyone's else here) precious work!

AC

I've learnt that Ventura only supports CPUs with AVX2 which is not present in Sandy/Ivy CPUs (only AVX). Thus we would have to stay in Monterey. It might be possible with a patch. I did see someone did that in another forum.

14 minutes ago, BillDH2k said:

I've learnt that Ventura only supports CPUs with AVX2 which is not present in Sandy/Ivy CPUs (only AVX). Thus we would have to stay in Monterey. It might be possible with a patch. I did see someone did that in another forum.

Yes, looks like we need a bit of work and another Ventura compatible Mac:

Spoiler

Booting macOS Ventura Developer Beta 1 on the 2010 Mac Pro
Resources required:
macOS 13 InstallAssistant (Installer): http://swcdn.apple.com/content/down...3xjgyznf6415vin9xv7a6ws5/InstallAssistant.pkg
M1 build of os.dmg disk image loaded onto a USB drive: https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=12vCE0MAzcRqN7zJu5EbbzsZeroeI_Gsm
Modified OCLP EFI linked in the OpenCore on Mac Pro post (or at least the APFS Patch under Kernel -> Patch)

Option 1:
1. You'll want to get macOS Ventura installed on a Haswell+ machine. Once you reach the desktop, reboot to the recovery environment.
2. From the recovery, you can open up a terminal window and mount the fresh install's preboot volume (diskutil list, diskutil mount disk#s#)
3. Once you get the preboot mounted, you'll want to navigate to /Volumes/Preboot/Long-UUID(check this using ls)/cryptex1/current/
4. Run an ls command here, and you should see the os.dmg file
5. Now run a cp command and replace the Preboot's os.dmg with the M1 os.dmg (should be on your USB drive)
6. Shut down your Haswell+ Mac and swap the Ventura drive into your cMP. Ventura should now boot!

Option 2:
1. You'll want to get Ventura "installed" onto your CMP. macOS will eventually stall at a point during the verbose portion of the first "installed" boot.
2. Once macOS stalls, reboot and ensure that macOS is still stalled.
3. Then you can reboot again into the recovery environment
4. From the recovery, you can open up a terminal window and mount the fresh install's preboot volume (diskutil list, diskutil mount disk#s#)
5. Once you get the preboot mounted, you'll want to navigate to /Volumes/Preboot/Long-UUID(check this using ls)/cryptex1/current/
6. Run an ls command here, and you should see the os.dmg file
7. Now run a cp command and replace the Preboot's os.dmg with the M1 os.dmg (should be on your USB drive)
8. Once that's done, reboot your machine and Ventura should boot to either a loading bar at ~60% with a cursor or a grey screen with a beachball.
9. Now you'll need to remove the Ventura drive from your cMP and install it/boot from it in another mac that is Ivy Bridge+.
This is done because the Ventura setup assistant does not play well with Non-AVX1 machines
Once you get through the Ventura Setup assistant, remove the drive and reinstall it in your cMP
10. If all things go to plan, you should boot into the Ventura desktop!

Source: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/oc-ventura-install-on-cmp-5-1.2347310/

^__^

• Like 1

Updated successfully from 11.7 to Monterey 12.6 then it picked up the 12.6.1 update.  
All seems good with the exception of Reason 11 which seems to have poor/laggy screen updates.
Reason Studios dont officially declare it as supported on Monterey so I'll have to put up wit it for now.

Thanks again.

Hi,

I'm working on a Dell T5610 - 2 x 2697 V2.

Very similar characteristics with Z620 (I'm taking inspiration from this guide).

I've installed Catalina using OC (also able to boot with clover), but limited with boot argument cpus=1.

No way to boot otherwise. Asked for support to BillDH2k to patch 2697 V2 and sharing my F4 dump.

Currently audio is working through HDMI (or through headphones jack). I'll need help on that.

Machine is sleeping but not waking.

I had same problem in past Dell t3500 and fixed editing DSDT (not sure I can post link).

I also fixed on a past Dell T5600 by firmware mod of Intel Management Engine (Wim-raid)

I would like to test both on this machine, once all the rest is working.

Maybe could work for HP as well. Just an idea.

Sys repo dell t5610 2697 v2.zip

@vdv   Based on your ACPI dump files, I've created the ssdt for 2697V2 CPU. Unlike the 2667V2, this Cpu appeared to be "normal", i.e. no out of order in sequence in their CPU IDs when they were initialized. It started in sequence 0x00, 0x01, 0x02, .... So no special treatment or patching is needed.

ssdt-2697v2.aml.zip

For the audio, you could try use alcid=11 in the boot arg. You can also try to strip down the SSDT_HDEF.aml (from my guide) to below. Makes sure you have SSDT_HPET.aml, and IRQ 0/2/8 fix patches.

DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 1, "Zx20", "HDEF", 0x00003000)
{
    External (_SB_.PCI0, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode)
    External (_SB_.PCI0.HDEF, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode)

Device (_SB.PCI0.HDEF)
    {
        Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)  // _ADR: Address
    }
}

SSDT-HDEF.aml.zip

Try Catalina/Big Sur first. If you encounter kernel panic during booting, due to "Non-Monotonic time", check out this thread, their solution might work for your case.

Edited by BillDH2k

• 4 weeks later...

Dear BillDH2K, thank you so much for your great job!

Thanks to you, I now have a Z620 working perfectly in Monterey 12.6.1 😀

I have just replaced my E5-1620v2 with an E5-1650v2 CPU.

Problem: I can't generate proper SSDT-CPUPM.aml ("no cpu found in DSDT")

Could you help me to fix this or even provide the correct SSDT-1650v2.aml?

Thank you very much! 😉

Another question, about USB3:

I have a second Z620, perfectly running Catalina (Sandy E5-2670).

I expected USB3 ports to work, but it seems they don't... Any idea?

Thank you for your help 😉

2 hours ago, oliveg said:

Dear BillDH2K, thank you so much for your great job!

Thanks to you, I now have a Z620 working perfectly in Monterey 12.6.1 😀

Thank you very much! 😉

Another question, about USB3:

I have a second Z620, perfectly running Catalina (Sandy E5-2670).

I expected USB3 ports to work, but it seems they don't... Any idea?

Thank you for your help 😉

Sorry but there can't be universal SSDT-1650v2.aml. As it said "no cpu found in DSDT" then it depends on YOUR DSDT.aml. Take it somehow (for example by xiasl or better by Clover) and upload here.

Same about USB3 ports.

Thank you for your answer Slice 😉.

The thing is I have no DSDT!

My EFI folder is the one from BillDH2k GitHub page, with many SSDT-xxx.aml files, including one CPU-specific SSDT-CPUPM.aml.

So what should I do now?

I am running Monterey with OpenCore 0.8.6

6 hours ago, oliveg said:

Thank you for your answer Slice 😉.

The thing is I have no DSDT!

My EFI folder is the one from BillDH2k GitHub page, with many SSDT-xxx.aml files, including one CPU-specific SSDT-CPUPM.aml.

So what should I do now?

I am running Monterey with OpenCore 0.8.6

You have DSDT.aml even thou you don't know this.

Start Xiasl and see new folder on your desktop.

Start DarwinDumper and see the report.

Don't use wrong guides!

On 11/19/2022 at 5:32 AM, oliveg said:

@oliveg  These HP machines have their CPU declarations NOT stored in DSDT but in system's SSDT. That's the reason for "no cpu found in DSDT". This was explained in bilbo 's original "Z820 High Sierra Guide", Part V, Step 29 (visit Post #1, of this forum). Just followed the instruction on how to to create your SSDT. Basically, you need to do:

1. Create a BIOS/ACPI dump, either using Clover (F4 key) or OpenCore's SysReport quirk (must use debug version).
  2. Copy two files to your desktop (ACPI.aml & SSDT-1-CpuDef.aml), then rename SSDT-1-CpuDef.aml to DSDT.aml.
  3. ./ssdtPRGen.sh -mode custom -b Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 -p 'E5-1650 v2' -c 3 -x 1 -cpus 1

Once your ssdt is created, you can replace the SSDT_CPUPM. 

On 11/22/2022 at 12:04 AM, BillDH2k said:

@oliveg  These HP machines have their CPU declarations NOT stored in DSDT but in system's SSDT. That's the reason for "no cpu found in DSDT". This was explained in bilbo 's original "Z820 High Sierra Guide", Part V, Step 29 (visit Post #1, of this forum). Just followed the instruction on how to to create your SSDT. Basically, you need to do:

1. Create a BIOS/ACPI dump, either using Clover (F4 key) or OpenCore's SysReport quirk (must use debug version).
  2. Copy two files to your desktop (ACPI.aml & SSDT-1-CpuDef.aml), then rename SSDT-1-CpuDef.aml to DSDT.aml.
  3. ./ssdtPRGen.sh -mode custom -b Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 -p 'E5-1650 v2' -c 3 -x 1 -cpus 1

Once your ssdt is created, you can replace the SSDT_CPUPM. 

Thank you very much BillDH2k 😀. I will try asap and let you know. Take care!