Help installing Mojave on Xeon W-2175 and Asus WS C422 mobo

obus

852 posts in this topic

Disable both xcpm patches. Try to boot, if you can't, enable only the boot strap patch. Then if still not booting, only the other patch.

EDIT: You also probably need to drop some of your original tables, they may conflict.

Edited by apianti
  • Like 1

On 4/13/2019 at 1:12 AM, apianti said:

Yeah, there may be, you'll have to look at how the bootstrap patch works in order to understand it and which model to choose. I have no idea which models are which, someone needs to disassemble the kernel, find the table, and determine which would be the best for those cpus. And that is expected since it should be using XCPM instead, the problem in that case is you have full throttle? You need freqency vector information in the model board-id plist that one script modifies.

Hi @ apianti

Back from UK after having a good time with my son's family. After reading the last post's in this topic I've tested some stuff.

I can generate a working SSDT-CpuPm for iMacPro1,1 (Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94) and after that I can produce freqVectors for the same board-id  without error. The script produce iMacPro1,1 with number 27 in bold text. If I understand everything correct this script is writing to and editing the freqVectors-string in: IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext -> Plugins -> X86PlatformPlugin.kext -> Resources -> Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94.plist.

The problem is that even after putting a working SSDT-CpuPm in Clover and edited freqVectors with freqVectors.sh my CPU is on full throttle and no working XCPM after a restart with only bootstrap patch. How to disassemble the kernel and find out the table to edit to get the CPU to work with XCPM?

Is there anybody on the forum how could do this or how to guide me to do it?

Any ideas?

SSDT-CpuPm.aml

command_ssdt.rtf

command_freqVectorsEdit.sh.rtf

Edited by obus

Don't forget that you need to get rid of some of your previous ACPI tables so there's no conflict. There may be more things that are needed for that SSDT, like the extra high(s) and low states, or may not be generated correctly at all. I am not sure exactly who would be able to help you find the right boot strap, I know pike has a blog entry about it but it might not be of use anymore. Something is going wrong since you had working xcpm = 1 but now it is not enabled, what happens if you don't use that SSDT but the boot strap patch and frequency vectors patch?

35 minutes ago, apianti said:

Don't forget that you need to get rid of some of your previous ACPI tables so there's no conflict. There may be more things that are needed for that SSDT, like the extra high(s) and low states, or may not be generated correctly at all. I am not sure exactly who would be able to help you find the right boot strap, I know pike has a blog entry about it but it might not be of use anymore. Something is going wrong since you had working xcpm = 1 but now it is not enabled, what happens if you don't use that SSDT but the boot strap patch and frequency vectors patch?

still full throttle with only freqVectorsEdit and bootstrap patch.

I'am more and more convinced we need to find another working bootstrap patch. Do one need the hardware for sorting this out?

Edited by obus

hi @yapan4 and @obus

in my opinion ssdt is not loaded and you have to find why.

Maybe you could try to add the exact name in sorted order tab inside clover configurator for your config.plist and see

But only you can do all this test..if your system start..bootstrap patch is fine

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

hi @obus

in my opinion ssdt you and @yapan are not loaded and you have to find why.

Maybe you could try to add the exact name in sorted order tab inside clover configurator and see

But only you can do all this test..if your system start..bootstrap patch is fine

Yea that sounds plausible. Could you explain a little further what you mean by " try to add the exact name in sorted order tab inside clover configurator"?

694968374_ScreenShot2019-04-23at5_39_17PM.thumb.png.59c93a086cd9dceb6da9e21708f5ab1f.png

open your config.plist and in sorted order put the exact name of ssdt you are using in ACPI/patched

On x299 platform sometime it is mandatory to have it loaded (I do not know why) :)

1 minute ago, fabiosun said:

694968374_ScreenShot2019-04-23at5_39_17PM.thumb.png.59c93a086cd9dceb6da9e21708f5ab1f.png

open your config.plist and in sorted order put the exact name of ssdt you are using in ACPI/patched

On x299 platform sometime it is mandatory to have it loaded (I do not know why) :)

I only have one SSDT

SSDT-C422-All-iMacPro.aml

Do you think renaming CP00 -> PR00 as in KGP:s guide could interfere with loading the SSDTCpuPM?

hi

this is not related..

I was talking as it seemed you have done one about a SSDT create with piker alpha's script CPU related

as you wrote before

this one "SSDT-CpuPm"

11 minutes ago, obus said:

Do you think renaming CP00 -> PR00 as in KGP:s guide could interfere with loading the SSDTCpuPM?

no, but I would like to start with a basic config.plist till you solve your problem..

FV are not loaded at all, I do not know why..you have to try (maybe) to repair permission and check inside plist if FV vectors are there after the injection...

5 minutes ago, obus said:

Ok. I will test a little bit further.

Shall I produce my SSDT when I have booted my rig with bootstrap patch or with my PMhart (working) patch and FakeCPUID?

If you can try to boot only with bios option MSR 0ex2 disabled and no patches in config.plist

See if system boots and if not where it hangs

you should try with a "vanilla" system, now if I have understood well you have done some FV injection so original kext it is no vanilla

Edited by Guest

8 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

no, but I would like to start with a basic config.plist till you solve your problem..

FV are not loaded at all, I do not know why..you have to try (maybe) to repair permission and check inside plist if FV vectors are there after the injection...

If you can try to boot only with bios option MSR 0ex2 disabled and no patches in config.plist

See if system boots and if not where it hangs

you should try with a "vanilla" system, now if I have understood well you have done some FV injection so original kext it is no vanilla

Booting without bootstrap patch is not working. Hang random seed++++++++++++++

My IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext is vanilla. i replaced the patched with original and rebuild caches afterwards.

I unchecked everything CPU related in Clover ACPI.

So do you think I should boot with only bootstrap patch now and try to produce a SSDT?

18 minutes ago, obus said:

Booting without bootstrap patch is not working. Hang random seed++++++++++++++

My IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext is vanilla. i replaced the patched with original and rebuild caches afterwards.

I unchecked everything CPU related in Clover ACPI.

So do you think I should boot with only bootstrap patch now and try to produce a SSDT?

No. I think you have to try in more ways you can...think to yourself as a pioneer.. :)

and always test with terminal command to see what is loaded or not

I do not wan't to be a pioneer I just wan't it to work.:wallbash:

I use command sysctl -a | grep xcpm after every test.  

Unfortenately until now without success.

I need more good ideas @fabiosun. Do you have anything else in your bag?

Edited by obus

yep..

in boot strap and fakeId condition see if FV are loaded and if XCPM is fine..not interested in turboboost for now :)

Edited by Guest

Noop! Not loading FV and XCPM 

machdep.xcpm.mode: 0

machdep.xcpm.hard_plimit_max_100mhz_ratio: 0

machdep.xcpm.hard_plimit_min_100mhz_ratio: 0

machdep.xcpm.soft_plimit_max_100mhz_ratio: 0

machdep.xcpm.soft_plimit_min_100mhz_ratio: 0

machdep.xcpm.tuib_plimit_max_100mhz_ratio: 0

machdep.xcpm.tuib_plimit_min_100mhz_ratio: 0

machdep.xcpm.tuib_enabled: 0

machdep.xcpm.power_source: 0

machdep.xcpm.bootplim: 0

machdep.xcpm.bootpst: 0

machdep.xcpm.tuib_ns: 0

machdep.xcpm.vectors_loaded_count: 0

machdep.xcpm.ratio_change_ratelimit_ns: 500000

machdep.xcpm.ratio_changes_total: 0

machdep.xcpm.maxbusdelay: 0

machdep.xcpm.maxintdelay: 0

machdep.xcpm.mid_applications: 0

machdep.xcpm.mid_relaxations: 0

machdep.xcpm.mid_mode: 1

machdep.xcpm.mid_cst_control_limit: 0

machdep.xcpm.mid_mode_active: 0

machdep.xcpm.mbd_mode: 1

machdep.xcpm.mbd_applications: 0

machdep.xcpm.mbd_relaxations: 0

machdep.xcpm.forced_idle_ratio: 100

machdep.xcpm.forced_idle_period: 30000000

machdep.xcpm.deep_idle_log: 0

machdep.xcpm.qos_txfr: 1

machdep.xcpm.deep_idle_count: 0

machdep.xcpm.deep_idle_last_stats: n/a

machdep.xcpm.deep_idle_total_stats: n/a

machdep.xcpm.cpu_thermal_level: 0

machdep.xcpm.gpu_thermal_level: 0

machdep.xcpm.io_thermal_level: 0

machdep.xcpm.io_control_engages: 0

machdep.xcpm.io_control_disengages: 0

machdep.xcpm.io_filtered_reads: 0

machdep.xcpm.io_cst_control_enabled: 0

machdep.xcpm.ring_boost_enabled: 0

machdep.xcpm.io_epp_boost_enabled: 0

machdep.xcpm.epp_override: 0

no, Broadwell EP

2696V4 (x99 motherboard) and retest terminal command to see if there are some differences

Edited by Guest

Ok the Broadwell.

machdep.xcpm.mode: 0

machdep.xcpm.hard_plimit_max_100mhz_ratio: 0

machdep.xcpm.hard_plimit_min_100mhz_ratio: 0

machdep.xcpm.soft_plimit_max_100mhz_ratio: 0

machdep.xcpm.soft_plimit_min_100mhz_ratio: 0

machdep.xcpm.tuib_plimit_max_100mhz_ratio: 0

machdep.xcpm.tuib_plimit_min_100mhz_ratio: 0

machdep.xcpm.tuib_enabled: 0

machdep.xcpm.power_source: 0

machdep.xcpm.bootplim: 0

machdep.xcpm.bootpst: 0

machdep.xcpm.tuib_ns: 0

machdep.xcpm.vectors_loaded_count: 0

machdep.xcpm.ratio_change_ratelimit_ns: 500000

machdep.xcpm.ratio_changes_total: 0

machdep.xcpm.maxbusdelay: 0

machdep.xcpm.maxintdelay: 0

machdep.xcpm.mid_applications: 0

machdep.xcpm.mid_relaxations: 0

machdep.xcpm.mid_mode: 1

machdep.xcpm.mid_cst_control_limit: 0

machdep.xcpm.mid_mode_active: 0

machdep.xcpm.mbd_mode: 1

machdep.xcpm.mbd_applications: 0

machdep.xcpm.mbd_relaxations: 0

machdep.xcpm.forced_idle_ratio: 100

machdep.xcpm.forced_idle_period: 30000000

machdep.xcpm.deep_idle_log: 0

machdep.xcpm.qos_txfr: 1

machdep.xcpm.deep_idle_count: 0

machdep.xcpm.deep_idle_last_stats: n/a

machdep.xcpm.deep_idle_total_stats: n/a

machdep.xcpm.cpu_thermal_level: 0

machdep.xcpm.gpu_thermal_level: 0

machdep.xcpm.io_thermal_level: 0

machdep.xcpm.io_control_engages: 0

machdep.xcpm.io_control_disengages: 0

machdep.xcpm.io_filtered_reads: 0

machdep.xcpm.io_cst_control_enabled: 0

machdep.xcpm.ring_boost_enabled: 0

machdep.xcpm.io_epp_boost_enabled: 0

machdep.xcpm.epp_override: 0

1 minute ago, apianti said:

You can get the tables that are loaded from ioreg. Do a DarwinDump and look at your tables, I think maybe you might have some conflicting definitions or something. It should be working.

Ok. I will do that tomorrow and post the dump. 

Please take a look when you got some time.

New approach.

Changed SMBIOS to iMac17,1 just to get rid of error "iMacPro board-id is not compatible with Skylake processor" when generate SSDTCpuPm in SSDTPRGen.sh script.

After that generated freqVectors without error for iMac17.1.

Restarted with no FakeCPUID and only bootstrap patch.

Unfortunately no XCPM and no FV.

Any ideas?

DarwinDump.zip

Edited by obus