Help installing HighSierra on Xeon W-2175 and Asus WS C422 mobo

obus

316 posts in this topic

On 3/14/2018 at 12:47 AM, obus said:

I have only permission for small files so I had to convert them to PDF.

My EFI i still to big to upload but I will try again tomorrow. 

Nothing in ACPI folder

Three kext: FakeSMC.kext, SmallTree-Intel-211-AT-PCIe-GBE.kext and TSCAdjustReset.kext

Config.plist: attached

Drivers 64UEFI: The only (in Clover) selected driver is AptioMemoryFix.efi (RC16) + HFSPLUS.efi 

Clover version 4411 

180313205922.BMP.pdf

180313210034.BMP.pdf

180313210057.BMP.pdf

180313210108.BMP.pdf

180313210122.BMP.pdf

180313210128.BMP.pdf

180313210147.BMP.pdf

180313210301.BMP.pdf

180313210312.BMP.pdf

180313210324.jpg.pdf

config.plist

SpeedStep and SpeedShift disabled - why?

180313210108.BMP.pdf

3 minutes ago, obus said:

Was disabled earlier as a test. Not anymore

do you want try a different (and maybe not correct approach)?

:)

Hello @obus,

First of all, get rid of all OsxAptioFix* you're probably have installed. 

Install the latest AptioMemoryFix.efi. Also make sure you met all the prerequisites it requires.

Apply this patch by vit9696 to boot.efi file at the path you can see when you see '++++++'

48 81 EC 50 01 00 00 80 3D -> 48 81 EC 50 01 00 00 EB 07

You have to use a binary editor for doing this. After this patch applied boot.efi output will be more verbose. Hopefully you'll get a clue.

3 hours ago, obus said:

I will try whatever you say as long it can make my rig to boot.

try this efi

delete completely yours

---
you should have only usb pen for installation and a disk where you want to install if it is possible

I am trying with my same EFI (you should not need of any fakecpiuid but it is a try I would like to do)

Edited by Guest
link removed

41 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

do you want try a different (and maybe not correct approach)?

:)

But i will first try your last suggestion from yesterday before you fell to sleep:

The funny thing is that yesterday i did a complete new installation (17D47) USB-stick on my Mac Mini. Took your EFI and last config.plist with my three basic kext  ( FakeSMC.kext ,SmallTree-Intel-211-AT-PCIe-GBE.kext ,TSCAdjustReset.kext). After that I've tried to install just from my USB and suddenly I had a message like this land a Kp:

AptioMemoryFix(R15): Starting \ .IABootFiles

AMF: Only 214/256 slide values are usable!

Valid slides: 0-213

preboot.log

Edited by obus

check if you have 4g enabled in BIOS boot section as vit9696 advices if you use his driver

also you should try to boot with different usb pen and usb port

I am pretty sure your system should boot fine because your cpu is more similar in specs to a real iMac pro then others

22 minutes ago, joedm ru said:

Hello @obus,

First of all, get rid of all OsxAptioFix* you're probably have installed. 

Install the latest AptioMemoryFix.efi. Also make sure you met all the prerequisites it requires.

Apply this patch by vit9696 to boot.efi file at the path you can see when you see '++++++'

48 81 EC 50 01 00 00 80 3D -> 48 81 EC 50 01 00 00 EB 07

You have to use a binary editor for doing this. After this patch applied boot.efi output will be more verbose. Hopefully you'll get a clue.

Hi @joedm.

This is a little bit over my horizon so you have to help me a little bit more. I need to do one thing in a time otherwise i get stuck not only on my rig but in my head to.

I'am so happy for your help so please try to guide me a little bit further.

17 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

check if you have 4g enabled in BIOS boot section as vit9696 advices if you use his driver

also you should try to boot with different usb pen and usb port

I am pretty sure your system should boot fine because your cpu is more similar in specs to a real iMac pro then others

I have 4G enabled. There is 2 Efi downloads witch one shall I use and shall I swap the config.plist in EFI download with that one you have as an attachment?

As far as I can see you stuck at the stage at which you can see AptioMemoryFix output like you posted: 

AptioMemoryFix(R15): Starting \ .IABootFiles

This output you posted is reduced, look what exactly is the string after "Starting". Probably it's /.IABootFiles/boot.efi? Next statements assume that the answer is yes.

Now you have to somehow edit boot.efi at /.IABootFiles path. On your flash drive root you can see .IABootFiles folder (if you use Finder make sure you have hidden files visibile). Open this folder and you can see boot.efi file. Open it using a binary editor of your choice, then find this byte sequence:

48 81 EC 50 01 00 00 80 3D

And replace two last bytes (80 3D) to:

EB 07

Save your edit and try to boot.

Edited by joedm ru

Sorry i dont understand well

i have put a complete efi and an external config.plist without theme i use

if you want try to use my efi and that ‘external’ config

6 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

Sorry i dont understand well

i have put a complete efi and an external config.plist without theme i use

if you want try to use my efi and that ‘external’ config

Ok @fabiosun

I used your complete EFI and the attached config.plist with the same result as earlier (+++++++++++++)

preboot.log

12 minutes ago, joedm ru said:

As far as I can see you stuck at the stage at which you can see AptioMemoryFix output like you posted: 

This output you posted is reduced, look what exactly is the string after "Starting". Probably it's /.IABootFiles/boot.efi? Next statements assume that the answer is yes.

Now you have to somehow edit boot.efi at /.IABootFiles path. On your flash drive root you can see .IABootFiles folder (if you use Finder make sure you have hidden files visibile). Open this folder and you can see boot.efi file. Open it using a binary editor of your choice, then find this byte sequence:

EB 07

Ok I think I understand but not sure. I will try this now and report back as soon as possible. 

But guys WICH version of USB pen drive Install macOS High Sierra shall I use?

Shall  I use that one i use for my Mac Mini or shall I use that USB pen drive I make after KGP:s receip for iMac Pro?

Because if I use the KGP:s 17D2047 I get kp at ++++++++++++++++++ and if I use the one i made myself on my iMac 17D47 I get Kp after "valid slide: 0-213?

And same problem in preboot log saying in sone part osx 10.12

if you want, try to put all instalation Usb are you using

real mac you used to built booting usb has sierra 10.12 on it?

20 minutes ago, joedm ru said:

This is with my own made Mac Mini USB HighSierra 17D47.

For my (KGP:s) USB HighSierra17D2047 I get always to random seed and ++++++++++++++

but the problem with that stick is that during preboot is referring to 10.12.xxx so I'm not trusting that USB.

I need a correct installation pack for iMac Pro. Where can I find it?

17 minutes ago, obus said:

Ok I think I understand but not sure. I will try this now and report back as soon as possible. 

But guys WICH version of USB pen drive Install macOS High Sierra shall I use?

Shall  I use that one i use for my Mac Mini or shall I use that USB pen drive I make after KGP:s receip for iMac Pro?

Because if I use the KGP:s 17D2047 I get kp at ++++++++++++++++++ and if I use the one i made myself on my iMac 17D47 I get Kp after "valid slide: 0-213?

If you use iMacPro's board-id and name - you have to use what you did following KGP guide (btw, I don't recommend that giude for novices). This is because the only iMacPro special build of 10.13 is 'compatible' with iMacPro board-id. But you can bypass the compatibility check with -no_compat_check boot-arg added into your Clover config.plist file. This allows you to use any version of macOS build with any board-id - just make sure your config.plist has -no_compat_check boot argument.

Edited by joedm ru

5 minutes ago, joedm ru said:

If you use iMacPro's board-id and name - you have to use what you did using following KGP guide (btw, I don't recommend that giude for novices). This is because the only iMacPro special build of 10.13 is 'compatible' with iMacPro board-id. But you can bypass the compatibility check with -no_compat_check boot-arg added into your Clover config.plist file. This allows you to use any version of macOS build with any board-id - just make sure your config.plist has -no_compat_check boot argument.

Nice that should solve that problem. Then I will use my own Mac Mini USB-stickwith that bootleg in config.plist

2 minutes ago, obus said:

Nice that should solve that problem. Then I will use my own Mac Mini USB-stickwith that bootleg in config.plist

BTW, you see nothing after "valid slide: 0-213" just because it reports 'this version of MacOSX is not compatible bla-bla-bla". But you don't see this because boot.efi output is not verbose. :) If you patch boot.efi like I described above and try again - you would see that message.

2 minutes ago, joedm ru said:

BTW, you see nothing after "valid slide: 0-213" just because it reports 'this version of MacOSX is not compatible bla-bla-bla". But you don't see this because boot.efi output is not verbose. :) If you patch boot.efi like I described above and try again - you would see that message.

I try now with iHex. I use find and replace but it won't change. Is there a better/easier tool?

Edited by obus

1 hour ago, joedm ru said:

EB 07

Ok.

Result same as always: ++++++++++++++++++

Now I have done the following with my Mac Mini High Sierra mac OS 10.13.3 (17D47) made USB pen drive:

Edited boot.efi according (hopefully) with your instruction. 

Edited platform.plist and put in iMac Pro board id Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94 Instead of the bootflags you recommended in your earlier post.

Kext  ( FakeSMC.kext ,SmallTree-Intel-211-AT-PCIe-GBE.kext ,TSCAdjustReset.kext)

Config.plist attached

Latest clover 4411 AptioMemoryFix.efi

boot.efi

preboot.log

config.plist

Edited by obus

1 minute ago, joedm ru said:

And what is the result?

With this USB stick Mac Mini High Sierra mac OS 10.13.3 (17D47) the result changed from stuck valid slides to stuck random street +++++++++++++++

Check my preboot.log in my earlier post.