Help installing HighSierra on Xeon W-2175 and Asus WS C422 mobo

obus

316 posts in this topic

Hallo everybody.
Last week I've bought myself a new rig.
Asus WS C422 motherboard (https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/WS-C422-PRO-SE/)
64GB 2666 Mhz DDR4 ECC Ram (16384 Mb x 4)
Intel Xenon W-2175 (https://ark.intel.com/products/130046/Intel-Xeon-W-2175-Processor-19_25M-Cache-2_50-GHz)
My goal is to build my own iMac Pro with hardware as near as the original as possible. I have now put up my rig with an old Zalman water cooler, RX Vega 64 liquid graphics card and two M.2 1 TB Samsung 950 Evo Pro. For Thunderbolt  I will use a GC-Alpine Ridge pci-express - card from Gigabyte.

My problem is that I can't even boot up and install HighSierra with my attached clover configuration. I've tried booting with all different combinations of OsxAptioFix-drivers including Test2-2016.efi and the new AptioMemoryFix without success.
MSR 0xE2 register is unlocked as it should be on my ASUS mobo.  
I can't find any "hackintosh related" information or guides with similar hardware setup so for the moment i'm just stuck.

Tried to load up a pic of the boot sequence but i didn't work

Using AptiomemoryFix (Clover 4411)  error:

AMF: not using custom memory pool- not found

AMF: Only 205/256 slide values are usable! Booting may fail!

Valid slides: 0-203 

Is there anybody out there how could help me out with this problem?
Regards
Obus

Edited by obus

Hi Matthew82.

Tried your EFI without success. 

Bootscreen shows now:

There must definitely be something with the slide values in AptiomemoryFix.efi and this is stuff I don't understand at all.

Any other ideas?

It doesn't work for me to upload I don't know why but this is what i can read:

AptioMemoryFix(R16): Starting \.IABootfiles\boot.efi

AMF: not using custom memory pool- not found

I know but nothing happens.

I used KGP:s the UEFI-patch KGP is recommending for his ASUS Skylake. I'am not sure that this patch is working on my mobo with C422 chipset

but that shouldn't affect the boot or?  

KGP guide is not good place for beginning. There are lots of unnecessary and confusing information. 

Wich OS version you trying install? Maybe yo don't have iMacPro1,1 present in PlatformSupport.plist...?

Did you try to boot with SMBios from iMac 18,3? 

• Like 1

10.13.3 prepared after KGP:s instruction. Installation media working on my Z270 board with iMac Pro SMBIOS the platformSupport.plist should be there.

Yes with no go. but I will try that again now.

What is the problem with uploading files? Is it something I need to do manually. It's just drag and drop or?

Maybe it have something to do with new forum GUI. 

You can try download complete installer of 10.13.4 beta. Insert this address to terminal:

sudo /S*/L*/PrivateFrameworks/Seeding.framework/Versions/A/Resources/seedutil enroll DeveloperSeed && /usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "clear dict" -c "add :SeedProgram string DeveloperSeed" "/Users/Shared/.SeedEnrollment.plist" && open macappstores://itunes.apple.com/app/id1209167288\ 

Hey now I tried with another USB and came a little bit further. It seems the initial boot is working but there could be something with the memory. I've now got the same bootscreen as this:

IMG_0042.jpgo

11 minutes ago, obus said:

Hey now I tried with another USB and came a little bit further. It seems the initial boot is working but there could be something with the memory. I've now got the same bootscreen as this:

IMG_0042.jpgo

It looks OK. Now we must find why system won't boot. 

Your attached link is not working for iTunes store in sweden.

Tried again with your EFI wit the sam result as above.

Could it be something with graphics? For the moment i'am running wit my old GTX 680 ?

Yes I think so to but it's always nice to try. I'am a noob compared to you and many others on this forum.

What do I need to keep respectively drop or eventually complete with in your EFI if I drop the MSR 0xE2 UEFI-patch?