INFOTHREAD "Nebukadnezar" (AMD+INTEL 10.4.8 Kernel)

semthex

466 posts in this topic

AMD x2 3800 supports sse3, but there is no easy install dvd yet for AMD, so it would be a pain to get this kernel working right now, though it should work.

Are you sure it would support sse3? because in 10.4.4 - 10.4.8 (old kernel) sse3 causes kernel panic.

Hi there! :robot:

Just wanted to give you a current status report and answer some questions which came up in the last couple of hours.

About the latest version

Latest available version of kernel is "ivm". It was reported to work stable as a rock and for SSE3 user it should be close to perfect now. Works as usale with AMD/INTEL with vmware and stuff .. you know already.

Why beta?

This build can be considered something like SSE3 "final" build, the project just stays in beta cause I want to call it final if SSE2 support is finished

What's about SSE2?

AS I said I am working on it and you will hear about it in here if it is finished. Please don't ask for a ETA or something, nobody can/will tell you. It will be done if it's done. It's not that easy at all to get fast and relaiable SSE3 emulation running.

Hope this helped some of you, enjoy. :D

If you want to help me a bit, just donate a few left over bucks. Kernel dev isn't that easy and I spend a lot of time on it the last few months. Thank you :)

Please note if you encoutner any issues, use the given way in the FAQ to report and solve them. Most errors, as strange as they migth look like have a solution and most of those solutions are not kernel related. So IRC is your friend with that, if you need to get help, get it there. People in there are willign to help and where is not really need to cry about bugs which can easily be solved.

After Update the "ivm" kernel, I open Terminal and check with this code:

uname -a

Then I received this one:

Darwin designers-computer.local 8.8.1 Darwin Kernel Version 8.8.1: Sun Nov 12 16:51:37 AZOT 2006; semthex:/nebukadnezar/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386

Semthex, did I Update success with your newest kernel?

Thanks!

After Update the "ivm" kernel, I open Terminal and check with this code:

uname -a

Then I received this one:

Darwin designers-computer.local 8.8.1 Darwin Kernel Version 8.8.1: Sun Nov 12 16:51:37 AZOT 2006; semthex:/nebukadnezar/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386

Semthex, did I Update success with your newest kernel?

Thanks!

Jeah looks fine :-D "Sun Nov 12 16:51:37 AZOT 2006" is the idnidcator you run latest public build :sorcerer:

Wow, thanks Semthex!

The new kernel works amazing!

Now I have only one problem with "about this Mac"

It can be openned with no problem, but in Hardware, the information doesn't display! Don't have any info about CPU!!! :)

How to fix it? PLEASE...

You might want to try Paulicat's SMBios

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=32815

am i doing something wrong here? when i run the .patcher -v amd_rufus_1048.txt command i get messages saying that none of the patches were applied. Check out the screen shot.

You are sure you have all the files and not just patcher and/or the input file is mising? Correct Installation and stuff? :)

Hi,

To start with, I know the new kernel is still in beta, and I've read the faq :-)

You've done a great job, Semthex! The new kernel works great, except for sleeping issues. If i put the computer to sleep and wake it up, the screen is black and will not come on again.

With the mifki's kernel from the second 10.4.8 JAS DVD, sleep works right out of the box, the computer falls asleep at the right time, and wakes up correctly. (Only one issue. After testing some kernels I'm now back with mifki's. And when I wake up there is no response from the keyboard or mouse, so I have to unplug them, and put them in again for them to work after a wakeup).

Intel MB, NVidia/Titan.

Cheers,

You've done a great job, Semthex! The new kernel works great, except for sleeping issues. If i put the computer to sleep and wake it up, the screen is black and will not come on again.

I heard of this issue before, but most likly related to video drivers, hibernate is still a bit buggy (on real macs too) and i got this on my todo (and if it'S doen it will work better than real macs :angel: ). Normal ACPI sleep is already fixed with latest versions. Try the "prasys lifeupdater". :construction:

Thank you for your reply, Semthex! I did not not real Mac's had a buggy hibernate :-)

I don't know about the graphic driver problem and hibernate... But with the exact same setup and the same graphic drivers (Titan nov. 4) and all, with Mifki's it works, and with your latest public kernel available this morning I have the Black Screen. So I guess there are some differences between the two kernels regarding hibernation. Wish I could be of more help, though! But, anyway, computers should not sleep, they should be in constant work!!! :-)

Keep on the excellent work! And thank you again for all the hard work you've done!

P.s. The keyboard/mouse not functioning after waking up with Mifki's kernel, I have and idea, but I must test it first.

You might want to try Paulicat's SMBios

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=32815

You are sure you have all the files and not just patcher and/or the input file is mising? Correct Installation and stuff? :)

Im pretty sure because i did a clean install right before I started working on the guide. I followed 100% twice. Another thing i notice was that when it was time for me to extract the decrypts to the root of the test partition i wasnt able to place the mach_kernel in there. So i used onyx to show the kernel. I had to erase the kernel then replace it. After that i was able to boot with -v -s -legacy fine. When type in mount -uw i get a message saying that the partition is read only. How is that possible? I'll post a screen shot when i get home form work today.