Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

I have managed to get to the clover screen and then all the text goes across the screen and I type the necessary commands. But then It goes to an apple screen and the bar fills a little and sits there (for 4 hours before I shut it down) and does not move at all. I am not sure what I did wrong as everything up to this point seemed to work very well.

That's a long time.... it seems like it might be the installer?

Try this config.plist, save your original.

Thanks for file, but what is different on this one? 

Anyway, what should I have in my config?

There are number of those preloaders.. Futomaki, Hamchi etc. I dont know which one use. Some source says Hamachi for 7950 but I never get it working with hamachi. Few times I booted with Futomaki (twice) but then like never again, which is very very strange.

I thought I have success. I removed my non working 1060, switched with HD 7950, did nothing co config and booted. Then I changed serial number etc in order to get imessage working and never booted again.. Did not touch spec.. I think it was still 14,2 but even if I changed it to 5,1  ,   4,1   , 6,1... nothing worked..

Should I use "Inject ATI" and that preloader? Or go completly without is? Or only preloader and no Injection? I am very confused what those parameters do.

Also, is anyone here having iMessage working? What was your approach? I have tried this dosen times and no success.. Tried all those fancy tutorials changing SNs, even tried to use real mac SN etc but did not work as well.. 

I made the bootable USB but when i go to bios and boot from the usb and open clover bootloader. It says Boot macOS from Pandora Installer. And when I run it. The screen just goes blank and then PC restarts and boots into Windows

I keep getting this error when trying to start the boot loader process, any help?

You need to close sierra installer program and unmount it.. use disk utility and unmount sierra installer

I made the bootable USB but when i go to bios and boot from the usb and open clover bootloader. It says Boot macOS from Pandora Installer. And when I run it. The screen just goes blank and then PC restarts and boots into Windows

Did you hit space and hit the 5 commands mentioned in the tutorial? Did you use correct npci and busratio ? And did you use correct graphic settings?

There are number of those preloaders.. Futomaki, Hamchi etc. I dont know which one use. Some source says Hamachi for 7950 but I never get it working with hamachi. Few times I booted with Futomaki (twice) but then like never again, which is very very strange.

I thought I have success. I removed my non working 1060, switched with HD 7950, did nothing co config and booted. Then I changed serial number etc in order to get imessage working and never booted again.. Did not touch spec.. I think it was still 14,2 but even if I changed it to 5,1  ,   4,1   , 6,1... nothing worked..

Should I use "Inject ATI" and that preloader? Or go completly without is? Or only preloader and no Injection? I am very confused what those parameters do.

Also, is anyone here having iMessage working? What was your approach? I have tried this dosen times and no success.. Tried all those fancy tutorials changing SNs, even tried to use real mac SN etc but did not work as well.. 

For my R7 265 ( R9 270 specs) I don't inject ATI, it gives me a AMD HD 7xxx label in about this Mac.      Your card (7950) should be picked up natively so you should not need to fix anything to get it to work.    

It isn't mounted in disk utility?

To be sure, you can:

- Open Terminal, type 

diskutil list

- Find your Sierra Installer and the associated disk number, for example, disk3.

Type 

diskutil unmountDisk [disk number]

if it still doesn't work, try 

killall Finder

Or restart. Best of luck

You have another problem,

The GTX 750/950/960/970/980/1030/1050/1060/1080 / Titan work with web drivers on AMD or Intel.
The HD 4670/5770/5850/5870/6850/6870/7850/7950/7970 / R9 280 / 280x do not need any flag or injection and full of other GPUs work that I no longer have in mind.

Not knowing fiji and Polaris, I do not advance

the HD 6670 1024 works with FBConfig=Lotus with clover ;) 

I have been trying to get it to boot but now after I boot from clover (after selecting the five boxes I get this on the edge of my screen (so I can not see all the words) and then it reboots a minute later. I am not sure why this is happening or what to do to fix it.

I have been trying to get it to boot but now after I boot from clover (after selecting the five boxes I get this on the edge of my screen (so I can not see all the words) and then it reboots a minute later. I am not sure why this is happening or what to do to fix it.

Boot installer or hard drive?

I am not sure what you you mean. I was booting from Pandora and had selected the five things then clicked enter to boot and it posted that. Thanks for all of your help

Sorry I meant are you booting from USB installer or hard drive?

I have managed to get to the clover screen and then all the text goes across the screen and I type the necessary commands. But then It goes to an apple screen and the bar fills a little and sits there (for 4 hours before I shut it down) and does not move at all. I am not sure what I did wrong as everything up to this point seemed to work very well.

I had the same problem with the installer. But I managed to overcome 3 days of remaking the boot disk and trying to install by just making a full clone of a working Mac and following the 2nd part of post install to get it working... I still haven't been able to get the 980ti working but may just keep the 640GT in with this machine, as it seems the Nvidia web drivers do not provide full support yet for this hack..

Sorry I meant are you booting from USB installer or hard drive?

I tried from USB Stick, HDD & SSD all no go.. 

The USB installer is only able to boot for loading of "Install macOS Sierra" once it is on HDD or SSD the USB won't boot the SSD or HDD.

You need to Put Clover on HDD or SSD with Sierra.    Post Install method.

Do you have a config.plist?     Just checking, you need to select one and add it to clover folder.

post-1753549-0-66943000-1499735753_thumb.png

The probe function checks 0xa.  If this patched to nop, it might work as well.

0000000000001b40        movzwl  0xd74(%rbx), %ecx

0000000000001b47        cmpl    $0xa, %ecx

0000000000001b4a        movw    0xd76(%rbx), %ax

0000000000001b51        jne     0x1cff   <-------                 patch to nop

0000000000001b57        cmpw    $0x8086, %ax

Here you go, patched Smalltree82576.kext, replacing "cmpl $0xa, %ecx" with

cmpl %ecx, %ecx

nop

,  no need for FakePCIID anymore.

Replace

0fb7 8b74 0d00 0083 f90a

with

0fb7 8b74 0d00 0039 c990

SmallTreeIntel82576.zip

• Like 5

The probe function checks 0xa.  If this patched to nop, it might work as well.

0000000000001b40        movzwl  0xd74(%rbx), %ecx

0000000000001b47        cmpl    $0xa, %ecx

0000000000001b4a        movw    0xd76(%rbx), %ax

0000000000001b51        jne     0x1cff   <-------                 patch to nop

0000000000001b57        cmpw    $0x8086, %ax

Here you go, patched Smalltree82576.kext, replacing "cmpl $0xa, %ecx" with

cmpl %ecx, %ecx

nop

,  no need for FakePCIID anymore.

Replace

0fb7 8b74 0d00 0083 f90a

with

0fb7 8b74 0d00 0039 c990

Thanks, this is great!

Is this ready to go, or do we need to edit?

Do we need to use clover for "find" and "replace" of those values?

Thanks, this is great!

Is this ready to go, or do we need to edit?

Do we need to use clover for "find" and "replace" of those values?

The one attached above is already patched with i211 pci ids.

If you get the kext from tonymac, you need to use clover to patch.

• Like 3