JaS.10.4.8.Intel.SSE3 Reports - laptop ONLY

weichen

128 posts in this topic

Been trying to install the Jas 10.4.8 DVD onto my Sony Vaio SZ18GP/C (Asia version of the SZ160) all day. The install runs smoothly, but upon it's intial reboot, I get the "Your computer needs to be restarted. Hold the power button for a few seconds......" --> Kernel panic. Pressing F8 to boot via -s mode, it seems to show kernal panic on iopcicontroller.kext. I tried various installs combinations, checking on/off the SSE3 options, but still the same. I read somewhere that it could be a problem with the Intel 945GM chipset on my lappie....I hope not or that there'll be a work around.

Other than that, JaS, I pledge you to get the Intel 3945abg wireless card to work.

For your information, even with the 10.4.6 install, neither the wireless (i3945abg) or the onboard Marvell Yukon 88E8036 card works! This really bites!

hi

im trying to install 10.4.6 on my hp compaq nx7010, intel centrino 1.7 (sse2) mobility radeon 9200, 1024 mb ram, but i have a major problem, installation goes smoothly but when it restarts after installation only i see its kernel and after this it is 5 seconds of black screen and the computer restarts, and if i dont do anything it goes on and on.

please help me cause i dont know what to do

thanks

Alex. It looks as though you have selected SSE3 support during your install, while our CPU is SSE2 only.

Try reinstalling, but before proceeding to the final click of installation, click the customize button first to uncheck the SSE3 option.

Hope it helps.

doesnt work on my vaio SZ1hp

got 945gm and geforce 7400go.

if i booted up with the 945gm i get to a bluescreen and doesnt get any further.

if i boot with geforce 7400go it will install fine. after reboot i just need to remove some files eg IOPCIFamily.kext. Then it will go to a stage where says cant find the gfx0. then doesnt boot any further.

I have a little different problem after install. I seem to get a kernel panic with 10.4.6 after install. Not sure what caused.

DELL D620

Can install and boot fine, however during the installation I had to select none for networking otherwise the installation process will certainly get slowed down to death.

No luck on getting wifi and some others to work though (didn't test it thoroughly enough). Back to Ubuntu for now. :D

Asus A6Jc

JaS 10.4.8 SSE3, semthex kernel

after clean install shows panic, had to remove iopccardfamily.kext

then os boots up

cpu core duo t2300e (2x1.6GHz) both cores working fine

gpu go7300, with natit installer working fine at 1280x800x32, full QE/CI support, even FCP is running ok

memory 2x512MB at 667MHz, running ok

realtek ethernet running ok with rtl1xxx installer

intel hd audio working almost fine (output only) with appleazaliaaudio modification

usb working fine with apple debug usb patch (for 10.4.8)

power management bundle working

firewire not tested

Well I got HP Pavillion dv2046 Notebook.Everything in install went perfect.

Problems : Lan / Audio

Working : WiFii / Bluetooth / In-built Camera / Memory Card Reader.

Please help me with Audio And Lan .... I have already tried editing kext but it didnt help me out.

I think there should be a installer for lan and audio something like someone release for realtek.By the way i have following :

Ethernet : intel Pro 100 Connection

Audio : Conexant High Defination Audio.

Alex, I suggest you try download another DVD ISO image. If I remember correctly,the "Goatsecx Mac OS X 10.4.6" allows one to uncheck SSE3.

ERNOID. thanks for replying but it wont help because i cannot unchek for the ss3 because it is for the both ss2 and ss3 and if that could be an option i would done it before.

any other sugesstions!!!

HP dv5000t (customized, intel core duo)

running xp pro, vista, and JaS 10.4.8 sse3

in osx, sound and wireless not working, everything else working though (bluetooth, video, ethernet). wireless is 3945abg so thats why, and sound im not sure yet, havent tried to get that one working.

as soon as i have time (probably mid december once im done with this semester of school) ill get ubuntu on this baby also

Need some help on how to correct the system from rebooting everytime at boot up.

This happens right after I ran the online patch 10.4.8 for 10.4.6 install on my Dell D620 laptop with Nvidia video chipset.

Is there a way to boot to safe mode or to revert the patch?

• 5 weeks later...

nc6230 - Instalation problematic due "external display only" issue.

To solve this, you must plug external monitor & set "Graphics Mode"="1024x768x32@60" or maximum res. of your monitor in boot loader prompt to see installation.

Had to delete pccard kext with Macdrive

Wifi: I was able to browse wifi networks after first boot in network configuration wizard, but from then, OSX thinks that en0 is wired ethernet controller, so Airport: Not configured problem

Network: bcm5788 not working(http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=36128).

Sound: HDA SoundMax not working (will try to fix).

VGA: gma950 full support

DVDRW/RAM: Working

• 2 weeks later...
Toshiba A105-4094

Can't install. Boots into installer, but all I get is the blue background. Seems like the installer is working in the background, but I just can't see it...

Same here, Lenovo 3000 V100, dual core.

(10.4.6 installs and runs fine though)

10.4.8 gives me blue screen and the installation seems to be running for a few minutes but them it stops.

Ok so after reading some of the issues I think natit is a cause of panics and issues , also networking and wifi . I have repacked some things to try and fix these issues

here is the info for the ppf I am relesing should be up soon

JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSe2.SSe3.v1p ppf

Whats changed in this ppf

Repacked intel and amd pkgs to try and fix some networking issues ppl were having + removed natit (as it is causing some users to have panics ) and added in titan

Also added some commands to be sure you guys don't have permission issues post install on the kexts.

Oh oh. I burned the original iso to DVD and then pitched the iso file. Could someone possibly give me a correct md5 or some other hash on the original iso file so I can compare it to the iso I'm making now from the DVD I burned?

Edit: From another post (thanks joe75) I learned that the md5 should be 8CED8C38FE55392E71C02C71AF6C554F

Edited by jrrjrr

I found out this apple on pc trick was possible about a week ago, then found this site 4 days ago, and here is what I can report work and what doesnt work on my laptop ( COMPAQ PRESARIO 3016US)

-Deleted all partitions on SATA 80 GB HDD

-Installation goes well, besides having to do the external monitor trick, there are no other problems.

-Patches applied: Combo.update, Semthex, GMA950, USB 2.0.

-USB didnt work at first had to install the developers USB update.

-Sound didnt work at first either, after doing the 'Conexant_audio_pkg' patch, headphones work only, but sound is terrible.

-Needed 'powermanagement.bundle' to get the battery life to show.

-Didnt install the patch during OS install to correct the 'about this mac' problem, but that was my fault.

-Sleep function seems to get the laptop to sleep, however it wont wake up.

-DVD burner is recognized, however I havent tested its functionality, or if it does Lightscribe.

-DVD playback, video playback is choppy.

-After screen saver comes on, and I move the mouse or press a key, the screen brightness is at its lowest. I have to bring it back up using the function keys (Fn + F8)

-Colors on my LCD were washed out at first, took me a while to figure out this could be changed on the OS.

-Firewire is recognized, but remains untested.

-Ethernet port its recognized, but when I connect the ethernet cable to try to get online, Safari says it cant connect.

-WiFi doesnt work, (Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG), and apparently no one can get this to work either.

-PC card Express doesnt work, untested.

-5 in 1 built in card reader doesnt work either. (hopefully someone knows if its possible to make it work)

-S-video out remains untested (doubt it would work)

-Laptop has 4 'touch activated' buttons, vol up, vol dn, mute, and QuickPlay. The first three work, would be nice if i can somehow get the QuickPlay button to launch FrontRow.

-Battery life its only about 2 hours, with XP I normally get close to 3.

Other than the mediocre video/sound playback, lack of internet (wifi or lan), and the not working card reader, I find this laptop to be a good choice for the mac OS when you compare it to the problems other laptop users are having with their installations.

Hopefully this can serve someone out there, as I found this site extremely helpful. ;)

Sony Vaio SZ3XP/C

Installation using JaS 10.4.8.Amd.Intel.SSE2.SSE3.iso was simple.

1. With The NVidia graphic card I've not been able to have the resolution 1280x800. I only have 1024x768 and no chances with macvidia, natit drivers.

2. With the intel graphic card I have more choices and got the 1280x800 without problem. So the stamina mode seems a better choice to begin with.

3. To have the network card working search for Yukon on the forum. It works fine.

4. No wireless lan yet.

5. Firewire and usb seem to work.

6. Touchpad not tested yet.

7. Sound not working.

My experience with the following lappy:

Gateway MX6214 - Celeron M 1.6 Ghz - 512 DDR SDRAM - yada yada yada, and so on...

------

Everything works fine and right: except internal keyboard/touchpad! I.o.w, I have to use the external mouse/keyboard instead!

:(

(*bangs head on table in frustrating move*)

Like I've asked a few times on this forum (with no apparent answer yet), is it normal for my function keys or Fn keys to not work on my laptop, even when the keyboard and touchpad aren't functioning at all?

I'm wondering if this is a sign that my laptop's PS/2 bus is not being detected, or whatever. Am I wrong?

Tom aka digiplaya2005

Well I got HP Pavillion dv2046 Notebook.Everything in install went perfect.

Problems : Lan / Audio

Working : WiFii / Bluetooth / In-built Camera / Memory Card Reader.

Please help me with Audio And Lan .... I have already tried editing kext but it didnt help me out.

I think there should be a installer for lan and audio something like someone release for realtek.By the way i have following :

Ethernet : intel Pro 100 Connection

Audio : Conexant High Defination Audio.

Try this , worked for me

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=20947

I had a working system 10.4.4. upgraded to 10.4.7./10.4.8. with old kernel.

Tried upgrade to new kernel using paulicat's method, and second try with jas 10.4.8. dvd.

But I keep getting a kernel panic on startup ("acpi" driver not found)

I have a Toshiba Satellite A100-775.

Guess I have to go back :-(

EDIT: I reinstalled 10.4.8 on an empty partition and everything is working now :-)

Edited by putzi