JaS.10.4.8.Intel.SSE3 Reports - laptop ONLY

weichen

128 posts in this topic

Well I got HP Pavillion dv1680US T2400, 1.83g Notebook.Everything in install went perfect.

Problems : Lan / Audio

Working : / Bluetooth / Memory Card Reader.

I think there should be a installer for lan and audio something like someone release for realtek.By the way i have following :

Ethernet : intel Pro 100 Connection (working after edit kext)

Audio : Conexant High Defination Audio. (working after edit kext, but output only)

Intel ProWireless 3945/abg

Modem

built in Camera

CPU extremely hot!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have got Toshiba M100-221

Short spec:

CPU: Core 2 Duo T5600 (1.8GHz)

RAM: 512MB (upgraded to 1.5GB)

HDD: 80GB SATA (Hitachi)

DVD: DVD SuperMulti DL

Video: Integrated GMA950

LAN: Intel PRO/100 VM

Wireless: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

Sound: Realtek ALC861

Bluetooth 2.0

Card reader

Installed JaS 10.4.8 Reseed DVD:

1. I had to attach external display to install MacOS, with internal display installer hangs just before language selection dialog, when empty blue screen appears.
    This problem appears only with installer, after installation I can boot with internal display, no need to attach external one or dummy VGA plug.
  2. After installation there was a kernel panic caused by pccard kext, and I could not boot into single-user mode too, so I booted from install DVD again and removed pccard kexts

What I have after install:

Edited by Ivan Blazhko

Hello

SONY VAIO FE21M

specs:

Intel Core Duo T2300 2x1,66Ghz

Geforce Go 7600 (128MB dedicated)

1024 MB DDR2

SATA 160 Gigabyte

Sigmatel 9225 audio

Bluetooth

Built-in Webcam

1280x800 LCD panel.

Installation:

Perfectly fine. No problems, internal display works fine during whole install, selected semthex (mifki works, too), and booted up immediately afterwards.

Working out of the box:

CPU

SATA hdd

display

bluetooth

built-in webcam

GPU (only 1 resolution, no Quartz Extreme or Core Image)

Built-in Volume and Mute buttons

post-installation:

Geforce: QE and CI work perfectly on external monitor only, internal display work in process.

Audio: working on onboard sigmatel 9225 now, trying the method for 9223. Using USB Hercules Muse in the meantime.

Non-working (yet):

wireless LAN

internal audio

LAN

sleep mode

LCD brightness buttons

greetz KG

Is anyone got working with ASUS A8Jseries NB?

I am new here

I am only got 10.4.3 working.... T_T

I tried to install 10.4.8 JaS DVD, there are no problem during installation,

But it hang at the gray apple logo when first boot.

CPU Core 2 Duo 7200

Seagate SATA 120GB

GeForce Go 7700

• 2 weeks later...

Sony Vaio BX546BW, 1.73GHz PM, ATI X700

Jas 10.4.8 w/ppf

Installed ok without natit pkg and common hw support pkg, video resolution adjustable w/ callisto 006, QE CI support with 'side effect' up to 1280x1024 after koverg patch (failed at 1400x1050).

Working:

Ethernet, bluetooth, touchpad (no tapping)

Not working:

Sound, wifi, PCMCIA, DVD burner (Yes but unsupported), function keys.

Problem:

Must turn off sleep, system crashes if not ("You need to restart ...")

Edited by AaronR

Well, there is no doubt this MAC on x86 has worked for many, however I am having trouble getting it to work on my machine. I have an HP dv9000, T7200 CPU, 2GB RAM, 17 screen, nVidia 7600 w/ 512MB, 100GB drive, Intel LAN & wireless card.

I have gone through many of the issues others have such as the ACPI Panic, the infinite blinking cursor and so on. I followed the instructions here and took the original 10.4.8 jaS ISO, put on the patch, and then added the other patch, just as outlined here, but no go. I get the off-white background with the Apple logo with the spinner below it for a few moments... then my screen goes black, the fans kick up, and if I let it sit long enough, my machine gets really hot. I have no other recourse but to hold in the power button to shut the machine down.

Please, if anyone could help me at least to get this up and functioning to the desktop, I would truly be greatful.

Thank you.

Mammoth

Hi

Toshiba Satellite 2450-101 (Works perfectly with 10.4.7 - 8.4.1)

DVD here Jas 10.4.8 Intel.AMD.SSE2.SSE3 (Clear Install)

Install works perfectly. When boot apears Kernel panic.

No luck deleting NVDA*, Titan or Gfroce kext.

Any ideas?

Edited by Macoso

Working fine here on my Dell D820 Core 2 duo with cpus=1 in the bootlist file.

All hardware video acceleration is working.

You also have to change the following in the networkinterfaces.plist file to keep the Wireless card working

after the first boot:

<key>BSD Name</key>

<string>en1</string>

<key>IOBuiltin</key>

<false/>

<key>IOInterfaceType</key>

<integer>6</integer>

<key>IOInterfaceUnit</key>

<integer>1</integer>

I also replaced the kernel with the Mifki one, so the HDApatcher would work, thus enabling sound. Includign the built-in mic.

Built-in Bluetooth and network card not working yet.

Any tips would be appreciated.

I bought an extra media bay on Ebay, and installed a drive in it, and installed a dualboot Vista/OSX to that, using the docking station, which I also bought on Ebay.

I didn't want my XP install to get touched, so I removed the internal drive first. Stuck the new drive in the media bay, and the DVD/CD writer in the dockign station, and did all installs from there.

Worked great.

Edited by henchman

Can someone please confirm the following:

I have seen mention of a * Final * JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSe2.SSe3.ISO release. I am having problems getting this to work on my HP dv9000 series laptop, even after following the advise found in several postings. I notice when I boot this .ISO image, it says that it is "Beta v2". Does Beta v2 = Final, or is there a later release and THIS is why I am having problems?

Or, once patched with VP1 and difiant patches, does THAT make the Beta v2 the "Final"?

Thanks to all, esspecially JaS!

:(

Edited by Mammoth

I answer myself.

Partially exit installing this iso on Toshiba Satellite 2450-101.

Install without Titan, then on the first boot got Kernel Panic.

I start with -s and mount disk. I try to delete all NVD* extensions also Gforce.

Reboot, all works well and I found much more faster system. Install Titan.kext, chown, chmod and permissions. Titan extension load perfectly, detecting nVidia 420Go. No QE & CI, no resolution change. Work 1024x768.

iTunes 7 works as is!

Next experiment: Try to enable QE on mi video card (nVidia 420 Go). Maybe changing to old nvidia extensions?

Any help would apreciate.

Hi

Toshiba Satellite 2450-101 (Works perfectly with 10.4.7 - 8.4.1)

DVD here Jas 10.4.8 Intel.AMD.SSE2.SSE3 (Clear Install)

Install works perfectly. When boot apears Kernel panic.

No luck deleting NVDA*, Titan or Gfroce kext.

Any ideas?

Hello.

My laptop is a Dell inspiron 6400. Coreduo t2400, 2gb Ram, x1400 128mb, dell wireless 1390 and sigmatel audio.

I can´t install Mac os x, I´ve tried JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.9SSE2.SSE3.iso, JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3.iso+ ppf1 and JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3.iso+ppf1+ defiant diskutil fix but my sata disk can´t be mounted ( It is showed int diskutil but can´t be mounted. I don´t know why. Can anybody help me?

thanks

Decided to give installing 10.4.8 another shot on my e1505 the other day, running the mifki kernel with no special options or anything really special installed other than the 'usual' (cpus=1, fn=3)... so here's how things are currently:

ATI x1400 video: Mostly working. Working on the internal LCD with QE/CI enabled and working just fine. -VERY- minor mouse tearing, but I'm more than willing to live with it. Having issues with sleep (see below.) Of course, like everyone else I've seen, it's only running in 1400x1050, and not my native 1680x1050 - so everything looks great, but just a little... fuzzy.

Sigmatel 9200 HDA sound: Again, mostly working. It's a mixed bag. The HDA patcher ran just fine, and sound works now... sorta kinda. Longer sources of sound, such as music, video, DVDs, etc - play beautifully though there's popping whenever I adjust the volume.

Short sounds however - such as system sounds, the feedback from adjusting the volume, applications sounds are an absolute -nightmare-. They stutter, crack, I only get the first bit of it, or the last bit, or they simply don't play at all. It's so hideously bad that I keep the notebook muted now unless I'm doing one of the things that works fine.

I've noticed 4 or 5 different dumbs for the 9200 chipset out there though - so I'm going to play with some others and see if I get better results.

3945 802.11 a/b/g: Not working - and not expecting it to work in the near future from what I've been reading in the forums. :pirate2:

Broadcom 440 NIC: Not surprisingly, works just fine with the 10.4.6 ionetworkingkit kext. Nothing startling here.

Bluetooth: My radio's detected, everything seems to be working beautifully on it. I'll pull my phone & headset out later and see if I can partner or xfer stuff with it. It all appears to be working just fine though.

The system clock loses about 10 minutes every 30 minutes. Really annoying, since OSX only seems to sync the time on bootup. Figure I can work around it with a crontab entry to sync the time every 20-30 minutes or so, or something.

Sleep: Mixed. HD spins down, optical drive spins down, fans spin down - system for all intents and appearances seems to be asleep. Video sorta 'freezes' rather than sleeps though, keeping a snapshot of whatever was on the screen last on the display. So, no real point to me to sleep it rather than just shut it down at night.

Decided to give installing 10.4.8 another shot on my e1505 the other day, running the mifki kernel with no special options or anything really special installed other than the 'usual' (cpus=1, fn=3)... so here's how things are currently:

ATI x1400 video: Mostly working. Working on the internal LCD with QE/CI enabled and working just fine. -VERY- minor mouse tearing, but I'm more than willing to live with it. Having issues with sleep (see below.) Of course, like everyone else I've seen, it's only running in 1400x1050, and not my native 1680x1050 - so everything looks great, but just a little... fuzzy.

Sigmatel 9200 HDA sound: Again, mostly working. It's a mixed bag. The HDA patcher ran just fine, and sound works now... sorta kinda. Longer sources of sound, such as music, video, DVDs, etc - play beautifully though there's popping whenever I adjust the volume.

Short sounds however - such as system sounds, the feedback from adjusting the volume, applications sounds are an absolute -nightmare-. They stutter, crack, I only get the first bit of it, or the last bit, or they simply don't play at all. It's so hideously bad that I keep the notebook muted now unless I'm doing one of the things that works fine.

I've noticed 4 or 5 different dumbs for the 9200 chipset out there though - so I'm going to play with some others and see if I get better results.

3945 802.11 a/b/g: Not working - and not expecting it to work in the near future from what I've been reading in the forums. tongue.gif

Broadcom 440 NIC: Not surprisingly, works just fine with the 10.4.6 ionetworkingkit kext. Nothing startling here.

Bluetooth: My radio's detected, everything seems to be working beautifully on it. I'll pull my phone & headset out later and see if I can partner or xfer stuff with it. It all appears to be working just fine though.

The system clock loses about 10 minutes every 30 minutes. Really annoying, since OSX only seems to sync the time on bootup. Figure I can work around it with a crontab entry to sync the time every 20-30 minutes or so, or something.

Sleep: Mixed. HD spins down, optical drive spins down, fans spin down - system for all intents and appearances seems to be asleep. Video sorta 'freezes' rather than sleeps though, keeping a snapshot of whatever was on the screen last on the display. So, no real point to me to sleep it rather than just shut it down at night.

What has you done to get fully working the x1400?? Because I´ve done the same installation (10.4.8 and mifli kernel) but when the system boot all work but x1400 not.

What has you done to get fully working the x1400?? Because I´ve done the same installation (10.4.8 and mifli kernel) but when the system boot all work but x1400 not.

>.< I'm not even fully sure at this one point. While I was working on the install I had 3 or 4 of the ATI threads up on my desktop. To be honest, I'm quite stunned myself. The last time I installed - I had it working just fine on the external display, but not on the LCD. I'll just blame the latest bios shipped with Dell's BIOS update - because I honestly don't have a clue what else it could be.

Curiously, the last time I tried, sleep worked just fine too - but now... Well, you read how things are working for it with me. :/

Hi , the installation has done really smoth at a Sony Vaio FS-415M .

The installation disk was 10.4.7 Jas release ...

The system boots ok , plays the welcome music (so soundcard working), touchpad working , Lan card , firewire ... All ok !! (I checked all with the dvd's utilities )

The screen and picture (and only this , all other works still !!! i can listen the music and then voice over starts) , is frozen and the last line say :

localhost /System/Library/CoreServices/Loginwindow.app/Contents/MacOS/Loginwindow:Main Window Application Started .

Some lines upper there are 3 error messeges :

1 : a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/nvdanv40hal.kext

2 : a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext

3 : a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext

I think that the VGA card is the only "frozen" device , the model of the vga is : NVIDIA GeForce Go 6400 ....

All others works , i can navigate to the voice over's menus throu the arrows .....

I tried to connect a momitor at the VGA connector of the VAIO , the same screen there , frozen at last line too .

I dont know how to install the macvidia drivers , because i cant use the graphical interface (any suggestions doing it with the terminal ?)

Tried to boot writting at the Darwin prompt -v -x. (safe mode ?? , i think ...)

The system has the same behavoir , like before ...

It goes until the line say : localhost /System/Library/CoreServices/Loginwindow.app/Contents/MacOS/Loginwindow:Main Window Application Started and it stops there .

What else you think the problem is ?

Thank you for your time ....

Also lots of credits goes to all theese involved to bring us this special OS to our cheap , home pc's .... you ROCK !

I have a Toshiba m115-s3094, core duo 1.6ghz, 1 GB ram, 80 Hitachi SATA drive and GMA950 graphics.

When I did a clean install with the Jas 10.4.8 final DVD, I got a Kernel panic right after first reboot and it just hangs there.

I was able to run (previously) Jas 10.4.6 + Kiko 10.4.8 update as a combo, so I don't know why Jas 10.4.8 doesn't work as a fresh install.

One note, I didn't install the Intel SATA Kexts because they were 1 GB and I figured my laptop already worked with a perivous version without it. Later I tried fresh installing with it selected, still no luck.

Hi .... I'm a really huppy , Sony Vaio FS-415M MacOSx 10.4.8 full working owner !!!!!

Normal booting , sound (only on speakers) NVidia on 1280x800 only issue is no Airport (still.... but i will , i think )

Thank you all for your support , drivers coders and all the community (Jas really Rocks) ...

Dimitris

Hey all, I have a Gateway MT6821 and everything works almost 100%.

I had to patch the drivers for the HDA sound and for the on board LAN. All seems to be working except for the Intel 3945 ABG WiFi card.

The install went smooth and I am using the JAS 10.4.8. I had to update to DaemonES 8.8.1 kernel for the audio portion.

The only thing to note so far is that the laptop will not reboot, just shuts down after closing down the OS, and sleep isn't working yet.

As soon as my new internal wifi card gets here, I should have it mostly working. Great laptop and fast too! :2cents:

Edited by bpopilek

stupid Vobis N35AS1 Laptop - WORKS !

got an old Vobis Laptop 2 days ago. (2 Ghz Celeron) - seems to be defect.

try ubuntu - cd dosnt install, try w2k - cd doesnt install.

got the 10.4.8 JaS => Installation works without any problems.

the only one: no audio and network. cant find vendor IDs because no other operation system nor a liveCD works on this laptop. and i have no kind of manual from this laptop. I got ist as an gift fro free - and now it runs with OS X only - thanks!