[Guide] El Capitan, Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina on Intel 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Chipset Series / Nehalem, SandyBridge, IvyBridge, Haswell, Broadwell

MaLd0n
2,509 posts in this topic

Wow, thank you very much, now it boots from the SSD and recognises the HD530, I get full resolution, audio also works, I think the only thing missing is HDMI audio

I've attached the new ioreg

Again thank you very much ;)

Hi,

Welcome!

Check

-Replace full folder

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

-Update Clover

attachicon.gifClover_v2.4k_r4099.pkg.zip

-Reboot

-Send me new ioreg with new files

Jeronimo’s iMac v2.zip

• Like 1

Hi!

I've installed a Vanilla Sierra 10_12_5 Sierra system following your guide and using your EFI/CLOVER folder. I have also ran the power management script and copied the patched ssdt in ACPI/patched (and yes, the CPU PM works flawlessly). My SMBIOS (installed with Clover Configurator) is iMac 17,1. 

So far the only modification I did was to add NVME patches inside the config.plist file KextsAndPatches to recognise my NVME SM961 driver.

Here are my specs:

- Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7

- Intel I7 6700K

- 16 GB DDR4 3000MHz CL14 TridentZ

- 2x SM961 Samsung NVMe

- GTX 1080 FE EVGA

The system is stable but exhibits an awful lot of stutter/lag which makes it quite hard (if not impossible) to use. It is as if everyone is slowed down by a second or so (if I open a terminal and start typing, the character stream is not "continuous" but stops and starts again every few seconds). The peculiar thing is that benchmarks run just fine:

post-625039-0-15710600-1499181780_thumb.png

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/3316346

I have installed the Nvidia Web Drivers and added the NvidiaWeb true flag to the config.plist file and the dual screen setup works perfectly (DVI-D + HDMI). 

Please help me, I honestly don't know what to do next... I've re-installed the system at least 10 times now  :(

Thank you very much,

pierix

Edit: I know, audio is not working but is not a major problem, I generally tend to use an external USB card.

Re-edit: In a previous installation I've replaced PikeRAlpha kexts with Rehabman spoofed kext + config.plist patch + patched ssdt and managed to boot from the NVMe drive successfully, but the lag/stutter was still there.

Send me iMac17,1.zip

CLOVER.zip

• Like 1

Hi!

I've installed a Vanilla Sierra 10_12_5 Sierra system following your guide and using your EFI/CLOVER folder. I have also ran the power management script and copied the patched ssdt in ACPI/patched (and yes, the CPU PM works flawlessly). My SMBIOS (installed with Clover Configurator) is iMac 17,1. 

So far the only modification I did was to add NVME patches inside the config.plist file KextsAndPatches to recognise my NVME SM961 driver.

Here are my specs:

- Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7

- Intel I7 6700K

- 16 GB DDR4 3000MHz CL14 TridentZ

- 2x SM961 Samsung NVMe

- GTX 1080 FE EVGA

The system is stable but exhibits an awful lot of stutter/lag which makes it quite hard (if not impossible) to use. It is as if everyone is slowed down by a second or so (if I open a terminal and start typing, the character stream is not "continuous" but stops and starts again every few seconds). The peculiar thing is that benchmarks run just fine:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-07-04 at 17.26.57.png

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/3316346

I have installed the Nvidia Web Drivers and added the NvidiaWeb true flag to the config.plist file and the dual screen setup works perfectly (DVI-D + HDMI). 

Please help me, I honestly don't know what to do next... I've re-installed the system at least 10 times now  :(

Thank you very much,

pierix

Edit: I know, audio is not working but is not a major problem, I generally tend to use an external USB card.

Re-edit: In a previous installation I've replaced PikeRAlpha kexts with Rehabman spoofed kext + config.plist patch + patched ssdt and managed to boot from the NVMe drive successfully, but the lag/stutter was still there.

CLOVER.zip

Thank you very much for your prompt answer. The system boots and seems overall stable but the lag/stutter problem is always there. 

Audio now works, but the system takes longer to boot (30-50seconds instead of 10-15). 

As soon as I'm back home I'll attach a video showing the lag/stutter problem.

Thank you again,

pierix

1- disable intelhd Graphics in bios and try

2- IOAPIC 24-119 - Disabled in bios

if dont work, u need check ur hardware

windows work fine?

• Like 1

1- disable intelhd Graphics in bios and try

2- IOAPIC 24-119 - Disabled in bios

if dont work, u need check ur hardware

windows work fine?

I did everythingyou told me and the system is quicker to boot but the problem still exists (here's a video demonstration: https://streamable.com/8zs4c ).

In the past I had a 10.12.4 Sierra installation that worked perfectly and one day it simply stopped. 

The system works perfectly well under Windows and I've tried everything in order to exclude hardware problems:

- used only 1 RAM module at the time in different slots;

- reinstalled the system on a standard SSD;

- used only 1 screen instead of 2.

I had some sort of epiphany: "in the past the system used to work and then stopped.... what if the new version of the NVIDIA drivers (which were set on "automatic update") is not working well with my graphic card? All the symptoms seem to point to a GPU drivers problem". I am reinstalling Sierra on the 10.12.4 version and I will try the WebDriver-378.05.05.05f01 and afterwards the WebDriver-378.05.05.05f02 (the only driver compatible with the 10.12.5 is the WebDriver-378.05.05.15f01 so I must reinstall a different version).

I'll keep you  updated, thank you very much!

• Like 1

I did everythingyou told me and the system is quicker to boot but the problem still exists (here's a video demonstration: https://streamable.com/8zs4c ).

In the past I had a 10.12.4 Sierra installation that worked perfectly and one day it simply stopped. 

The system works perfectly well under Windows and I've tried everything in order to exclude hardware problems:

- used only 1 RAM module at the time in different slots;

- reinstalled the system on a standard SSD;

- used only 1 screen instead of 2.

I had some sort of epiphany: "in the past the system used to work and then stopped.... what if the new version of the NVIDIA drivers (which were set on "automatic update") is not working well with my graphic card? All the symptoms seem to point to a GPU drivers problem". I am reinstalling Sierra on the 10.12.4 version and I will try the WebDriver-378.05.05.05f01 and afterwards the WebDriver-378.05.05.05f02 (the only driver compatible with the 10.12.5 is the WebDriver-378.05.05.15f01 so I must reinstall a different version).

I'll keep you  updated, thank you very much!

Ok

let me know

• Like 1