NVIDIA - new beta Pascal drivers

darthsian

45 posts in this topic

The real unhidden message from Nvidia:

You're welcome, Nvidia.   ;)

Thank you fantomas1 for this transparency

Looks like Insanelymac.com and his hackintosh community is more and more the working horse or guinea pig for MacPro évolution ...... (according interpretation)

;)

• Like 1

Im the one who thinks that day by day is more difficult to get a  gtx 9060/970/980 ?

only in eBay its easy to get one jaja.

It would be very funny if the next modular Macs were identical than 5,1 cases ajajaja.

It not beta, is release.

I wouldn't say that. Its an f "final" release branch but it seems like the Pascal frame buffers might still have quirks I don't think Nvidia would consider release quality. So I think it's just like the said in the original press release. The Pascal support is non-final in its quality and testing. They just wanted to get it out in people's hands. We have been waiting a loooong time and they might have gotten sick and tired of hearing us complain and wanted to show Apple they can still make a kext. ^.~

On the plus side, all I see so far is some Metal bugs so far. Haven't done anything CUDA/OpenCL yet though.

• Like 1

I wouldn't say that. Its an f "final" release branch but it seems like the Pascal frame buffers might still have quirks I don't think Nvidia would consider release quality. So I think it's just like the said in the original press release. The Pascal support is non-final in its quality and testing. They just wanted to get it out in people's hands. We have been waiting a loooong time and they might have gotten sick and tired of hearing us complain and wanted to show Apple they can still make a kext. ^.~

On the plus side, all I see so far is some Metal bugs so far. Haven't done anything CUDA/OpenCL yet though.

Any 30bit ARBG2101010 color?    I've only seen the 32bit 8888 or older format from about this Mac sceenshots.   Not too important for gaming but for graphics rendering it may get fading support as time goes on.    Sierra is on 12.5 beta v2 so no matter what Nvidia does they will always need to twerk something every few months, or at least one more time as there is an inpending update coming anyways.    Its hard to say that any app is non beta in Sierra at this point.

So this is a pretty interesting back and forth between the CEO on Nvidia and a passionate professional user:

Jensen Huang - "You were the reason I decided to do it, no one told me it was wanted"

http://imgur.com/a/ohWpz

If true, its a pretty mind boggling case of the CEO not hearing about something being clamoured for by both the Hackintosh and Pro Video community. 

• Like 2

I have just installed a Evga Gtx 1070 Black Edition. in my Hackintosh I have DisableNvidiaInjection though  shell command in a modified bios.

I'm using HDMIAudio-1.1 kext (added graphics card id to plist in kext I don't know weather it needed but I did it)

What works: all ports are working at  correct resolution 1080p in my case HDMI Sound though two DP Ports to HDMI 

Whats not working HDMI Sound Though HDMI Port & One DP port

the card seems to get hot when running bench marks in Mac os I think the fans are not speeding up enough

added a  bench marks I've just tryed

post-342888-0-45072200-1492688906_thumb.png

post-342888-0-63089800-1492688948_thumb.png

post-342888-0-73942800-1492688993_thumb.png

post-342888-0-21666600-1492689025_thumb.png

Is there a way to run this driver on macOS 10.12.5 beta?

I have ordered a 1070 and waiting for the delivery, I was just wondering about this, maybe I could try to install the drivers while waiting... :)

Ah ok it was the usual edit to the nvdarequiredos string on the startupweb kext, I thought it needed something else...

Btw yes I noticed too that the version was not the correct one for beta3...

Mhhh

Is there someone using it with the beta?

Is it working good?