Any CoreDuos or Core2Duos not running cpus=1?

rage2122

44 posts in this topic

Still no-go with my setup on dual core, Tried the platform=X86PC switch, Anyone else get this working? Anyone else with a D915 Pentium having this problem? is it our 2MB per chip cache? afaik, that seems to be the main difference of D915 from the rest of the family. But that dosen't explain the people who have it working. There must be a bios setting some of us DON'T have that allows for seemless operation.

The guys having problems with Core Duo 2, wich i dont have.. are using meroms? are you on notebooks?

Yes, notebook. Memrom T5600, cpuz list's as a Conroe :pirate2:

No new kernels work for both cores, and DaemonES is the most stable so far.

Don't be so sure. A testing kernel was released earlier today that I have both cores enabled on :blink:. ask in #kernel about the ci-rc12 kernel.

i can second that. I'm running the ci-rc12 kernel from semthex for the past few hours. It's rock solid. I'm running with 2 cores and it flies. No stuttering experienced (and i hope it stays that way :) )

Don't be so sure. A testing kernel was released earlier today that I have both cores enabled on :). ask in #kernel about the ci-rc12 kernel.

It would be "nice" if people could get stuff, outside of using IRC :)

I tried ci-rc12 kernel, it doesn't fix Core Duo stuttering for my notebook.

Same here :D

The new semthex is better, but still not working right for me.

It did provide correct bus speed of 667, but would freeze and reboot.

The only way I could get 2 cores running was to enable vitalization :huh:

Even only using 1 cpu, it did not seem as stable as DaemonES.

Both cores working fine here- did you try DaemonES's kernel? I'm using that.

The guys having problems with Core Duo 2, wich i dont have.. are using meroms? are you on notebooks?

I'm confused aberracus- You've got Core Duo 2 in your sig! and by the way- we have the same boards :: Are you experiencing any problems with restart hanging?

Cheers!

What do you mean by stuttering? is it stopping completely and the multi color ball shows up and nothing happens for a LOOOOONG time? (then i got that problem, i allways end up using the chassis power button) or is it something else you mean by stuttering?

Dennis

What do you mean by stuttering? is it stopping completely and the multi color ball shows up and nothing happens for a LOOOOONG time? (then i got that problem, i allways end up using the chassis power button) or is it something else you mean by stuttering?

Dennis

Stuttering is not beach balling. Stuttering is really bad, everything (like mouse cursor, menus etc) skips every few seconds, renders the system pretty much unusable.

Any news on a fix for enabling both cores for Core (2) Duo processors for notebooks yet?